Aug 28, 2003, 10:44 PM

Is there such a thing as "Dreaded WEDGIE Flap?"

My wedgie seems to 'flap' when I pull out of a high speed dive. I've never heard of that before!

It's only taken a few hits - and they've been very minor. There's no evidence on the outside of any damage - before I strip & re-cover it, I was wondering if they're something I've missed.

It's always flown great, the only change I made was the prop (gunther 5x5 became a Graupner Speed CAM 5x5)

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Aug 28, 2003, 10:54 PM
Blew out my flip flop
maybe just elevon flutter, but yes a wedgie can be made to flap....is the whole wing flapping visably, or are you just hearing a buzz? It's been my experience, that once you get the "flap", you will have no doubt that it is there, no "seems to" about it

Later,
David
Aug 28, 2003, 11:40 PM
The whole wing 'flutters' (almost like a bird in trouble out of an old Bugs Bunny cartoon ) again, only when pulling out of a hi-speed dive.
Aug 28, 2003, 11:43 PM
I solved it in mine by taking the bottom covering off , and adding a carbon fiber spar.
I used a .100 rod.
my second one I added it when I built it.

Dick Roberts ,
Aug 28, 2003, 11:55 PM
An inanimate carbon rod! I'll try that!

Thanks!