Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by demondriver, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 15, 2011, 02:05 PM
Registered User
hey Chris looks great i cant wait to see it with the decals on.... How was that led light kit? did you have eveything you needed?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 15, 2011, 02:08 PM
Registered User
Oracal vinyl is about the same price as ultracoat or monacoat the only proble is that the oracl is not very forgiving so you gotta lay it right the first shot at the same time id you need to replace a section its going to be a pain to get off the use this stuf for outdoor signs id still rather go with the ultracoat or monacote.
Jul 15, 2011, 03:34 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipd View Post
hey Chris looks great i cant wait to see it with the decals on.... How was that led light kit? did you have eveything you needed?
Hi Phillip the LEDDs look great only thing is I want to make the diameter of the inboard wing landing lights narrower so they fit neatly into the wing, as for the decals I'm gonna have to apply a gloss-coat to them in order to make them as glossy as the ultracote if not they wolnt look right. More pics comming up soon Boss!
Latest blog entry: It's 737 Time!
Jul 15, 2011, 04:28 PM
Registered User
you gonna put the gloss coat on them before or after you put them on? more pictures the better cant wait to see it all together
Jul 15, 2011, 07:27 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipd View Post
you gonna put the gloss coat on them before or after you put them on? more pictures the better cant wait to see it all together
I have to buy some new testors high gloss coate I ran out today, but I'm getting more tommorrow I can't wait to get your 737 finished.
Latest blog entry: It's 737 Time!
Jul 15, 2011, 08:16 PM
Registered User
bring on the pictures
Jul 15, 2011, 09:11 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipd View Post
bring on the pictures
Here you are Phillip I'm now starting to Ultracote the other half of the fusleage.
Latest blog entry: It's 737 Time!
Jul 16, 2011, 02:13 AM
Dir_D_Redd
dirdredd's Avatar
you are a BEAST on these Airliners
Jul 16, 2011, 02:34 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirdredd View Post
you are a BEAST on these Airliners
I appreciate that Dirdredd!. . . . . .I wish I where but I am not, if you go to the windrider 737 thread you'll see guys doing better stuff than me, I just do the best I can.
Latest blog entry: It's 737 Time!
Jul 16, 2011, 04:50 AM
Gravity manager
Hi demondriver,

Did you treat the foam in any way or fill up dents, sand etc. Before applying the ultracote?
Jul 16, 2011, 11:30 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrone View Post
Hi demondriver,

Did you treat the foam in any way or fill up dents, sand etc. Before applying the ultracote?
Yes I did Marrone! I used Light-weight spackle to fill in the seam between the tail section & the main fuselage, and when I join the two halves I will spackle the seam.
Latest blog entry: It's 737 Time!
Jul 16, 2011, 12:56 PM
Registered User
looks awsome cant wait to see the decals on it
Jul 16, 2011, 01:48 PM
Gravity manager
Thanks!! What are you using to glue this type of foam together? foam glue? epoxy?

The debates are endless about using epoxy on foam. One side says it wont stick well to foam and others use it all the time. What is your opinion on this?


Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver View Post
Yes I did Marrone! I used Light-weight spackle to fill in the seam between the tail section & the main fuselage, and when I join the two halves I will spackle the seam.
Jul 16, 2011, 02:55 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrone View Post
Thanks!! What are you using to glue this type of foam together? foam glue? epoxy?

The debates are endless about using epoxy on foam. One side says it wont stick well to foam and others use it all the time. What is your opinion on this?
The Epoxy I use seems to work well on EP foam, 2 part 5min epoxy, I don't like to use foam safe CA, or gorrilla glue but J-B weld also seems to work rather well.
Latest blog entry: It's 737 Time!
Jul 17, 2011, 11:51 AM
was geht , müssen unten kommen
Keenan smith's Avatar
nice 1 m8

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Found Windrider 737/787 teha99 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 Jun 24, 2011 12:23 PM
Sold Windrider 737 ARF Flexserve Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 17 May 10, 2011 07:58 PM
Discussion Windrider 737 donation to Japan earthquake Ming Foamy EDFs 27 Apr 22, 2011 07:38 AM
Video Windrider 737 Transavia.com livery Fotor Electric Plane Talk 2 Mar 24, 2011 04:54 PM