Feb 13, 2012, 10:35 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper82
Hey guys, check it out. I ordered this BIG clipped wing cub from HK usa warehouse... Looks like a good deal @ $49.99. It's usually $100.
I had been wanting the larger cub but it's still $120... I think it'll be pretty cool with some bigger wheels and better landing gear.
Wingspan around 63"
AUW ~5lbs

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=17628
Holy Moly, Vipe!
I was looking at that #34 Cub for a good HOUR tonight!
I was debating on it because it's so cheap and the reviews mentioned it was well-built.
That's so strange, man; of all the planes at HK, we were both looking at the same one on the same night!

BIG JIM
That Eagle flies like no other plane or foamie we've seen yet. SWEET!
It looks fantastic too -- almost real most of the time.

The range finder test was great too, thanks. But is there a way you can use a KC 808 and range check it at certain times while filming from a plane?

IOW:
Put it up to 100 ft. note the time of the flight, or use a marker, then go up to 200, mark it, etc. Then go as high as you dare -- just so we can orientate heights by visuals (cars, trucks, buildings, soccer or football fields, baseball diamonds, anything else...)

Mac

PS: Having a bad night. Jake is feeling pretty sick; lethargic, weak, w/ warm, dry nose. He's a 15 yr old golden retriever and I'm really scared right now. Not ready to lose him yet... as if I ever WILL be ready.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2012, 10:43 PM
Occupying RCG
Ridge,

Wait'll you see the cutlery drawer.
Feb 13, 2012, 10:47 PM
Occupying RCG
Mac,

Very sorry to hear of Jake's condition. Prayers sent for ya'll.

Young Jake is now a 60 lb. puppy. Just what I needed.
Feb 13, 2012, 11:13 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Sorry to hear your dog isn't well Mac.
Feb 13, 2012, 11:18 PM
Sorry bout your pup Mac. Dogs are family.
Feb 13, 2012, 11:26 PM
Hate to hear about your pup Mac. It's a terrible feeling to watch something suffer... Best wishes go out to big Jake.
You should grab that Cub while you can, I'm sure the price will shoot back up soon.. Then it's not as tempting.
$90 shipped is a steal!

Thread about the Cub in "Hot deals" section of classifieds.... with links to other threads
Feb 14, 2012, 12:41 AM
Big Jim
Mac will do with the KC and laser range finder. I will use my Radian Pro. Will synchronize my watch to the camera time and with Bowsonn help we can get several different views. Hope it helps. Sorry to hear about Jake hope all goes well. A few years back I lost my 18 year old Black Lab Dakota. Told the wife If I could teach Dakota to cook she was out of here. Not a time for humor ...I just hope it all works out.

Ridge that vid gave me the Willy's and I don't have a fear of height, well not that high. If that were me my climbing bud would be covered in my urine and need to call 911 to pry my terror stricken hands from the ladder.
I have two more vids to get up one of some great flying by Bowsonn and his Cub (I always stop flying to watch him and his cub) great plane and he does a great job of dancing her around. Today he greased a landing like I have not ever seen it was perfect.
The other Vid is our Radians up and sailing around. What a great day at the field.
Feb 14, 2012, 05:20 AM
Suspended Account
Ridgewalker. for the pay you would wuit the Job. try doing that in dead of winter. in the eliments. remember the Pm you asked. Funny thing is a Heli and drop, is less riskingthan climbing up. Did they not only show partial of the climbn and not the full climb. You be amazed, no parachute. And you head Crack / BOOM thunder. yes I watched that before.

good luck on the test Thumper, precision wit hthe Lazer on such a small object gonna be challenging. maybe you can rig up a servo to push on the cam. DOF wit hte 808 is all but the correct view.

Mac Jake wish em well. been there many times bud.. pain and suffering I do not like.
Feb 14, 2012, 05:49 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTF Thumper
Mac will do with the KC and laser range finder. I will use my Radian Pro. Will synchronize my watch to the camera time and with Bowsonn help we can get several different views. Hope it helps. Sorry to hear about Jake hope all goes well. A few years back I lost my 18 year old Black Lab Dakota. Told the wife If I could teach Dakota to cook she was out of here. Not a time for humor ...I just hope it all works out.

Ridge that vid gave me the Willy's and I don't have a fear of height, well not that high. If that were me my climbing bud would be covered in my urine and need to call 911 to pry my terror stricken hands from the ladder.
I have two more vids to get up one of some great flying by Bowsonn and his Cub (I always stop flying to watch him and his cub) great plane and he does a great job of dancing her around. Today he greased a landing like I have not ever seen it was perfect.
The other Vid is our Radians up and sailing around. What a great day at the field.
How safely will you go RTF Thumper. I guess wit hteh help you got and encouragement, do not get carried away. only prove to you and your buds there .

There are other ways to measure altitude. can put the Ipohne and App on but that will be a lot of dough crashing down, or get a once ora few time purcahses a rc plane altimeter. 40.00

Look I went 1280 feet. and then you got

It is something maybe we all should get, or if a group like to chip in and pass it around.

1 one purchases it, flys records their height

2 mail to the next person.

Have a contest see who can get teh highest, and say your prize is the unit.

but I hear why risk my plane?

No need to prove to a soul that any member can fly off the ground if 1 foot or 1500 feet. You fly and fly for the hobby proven one to many times over and it gets you where?????
Last edited by fishycomics; Feb 14, 2012 at 07:04 AM.
Feb 14, 2012, 06:58 AM
Lets fly away...
Dont forget Valentines Day folks. It's often that signficant other, that limits/allows planes into our/their house

Nice Eagle RTF. Flies very well 5 x

Todays forecast: Rain. Time for those minor (RC related) repair jobs And putting juice into that big 11.1v 3s battery.

/NH
Feb 14, 2012, 07:16 AM
Suspended Account
Thought this may work. The pic. Pride and joy

Still need to figure out how to place pix
Feb 14, 2012, 07:30 AM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
Thanks for all of your prayers and concerns for Jake. Karen stayed up all night with Jake and said he "started to come around at about 5AM".
He was walking around this morning after my sis-in-law, who is an RN and owns 6 dogs and 4 horses, told me to give him a 81mg Aspirin.

He seemed to break his fever about 2 hours after he got the aspirin.

Hey Fishy, I dare you not to cry when listening to this song. It rips my heart right out every time!
Pirates Of The Mississippi - Feed Jake (4 min 3 sec)
Feb 14, 2012, 07:40 AM
Suspended Account
With was that crappOla made me sick. Metallica worst song sonics better than that

Think maybe they sold one and to yt lmao

Since it had jake in it I say cool a lil took mushy if asked today's country
Feb 14, 2012, 08:14 AM
Suspended Account
Rather go clim. The tower or watch a e Lincoln and the vampyrer movie
Feb 14, 2012, 08:15 AM
Lets fly away...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL
Thanks for all of your prayers and concerns for Jake. Karen stayed up all night with Jake and said he "started to come around at about 5AM".
He was walking around this morning after my sis-in-law, who is an RN and owns 6 dogs and 4 horses, told me to give him a 81mg Aspirin.

He seemed to break his fever about 2 hours after he got the aspirin.

Hey Fishy, I dare you not to cry when listening to this song. It rips my heart right out every time!
Thank god the aspirin worked. Losing a pet is an unbearable situation.

Checked out Karl P on youtube. I havent laughed that hard for a long time. Saw a clip of him sailing down the amazon, on his way to meet a tribe of ex-cannibals...crazy funny stuff.

/NH

Quick Reply