Jun 22, 2011, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
@Viper

Which is smaller, the to be released HK ones, or the ones from TH. I have not yet ordered anything, will decide soon. But I was thinking the TH 6100s should be a good bet. What do you think?
The new HK micro RX should be smaller.
Here is a link to some test Melnic did on several different dsm2 RX's... Real spektrum, HK, TH....

I can't seem to find a link yet for the new micro from HK, I'll keep an eye out for info on it, but from what I've read they are going to start making BNF stuff too. Heck I'd like to see a Turnigy Dsm2 TX

Here is there DSM2 RX's they have now.
AR6110e clone
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dproduct=12586

Not sure what this one is but its the smallest and only 4ch.
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dproduct=11972

And then the Orange 6ch, which I think is a AR6100 clone, but has a satellite port also.
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dproduct=11965
to remove ads between posts
Jun 22, 2011, 09:07 AM
Future Pilot
Wow thanks Viper! I like the AR6110e they have, but the Orange looks good too. Hard to decide...Maybe I'll get one of each, what do you think?

Do you think it'll be better if I just order everything from HK instead of ordering the receivers from TH and brushless motors/esc from HK?

Thanks a lot, much appreciated!
Jun 22, 2011, 09:25 AM
Personally I'd go with the HK rx's over the TH. Just for the fact that I believe they are a little better, from others reviews and testing. I have a AR6110e clone from TH, and I wouldn't trust it 25' away. I only use it for bench testing now.

I use the Orange RX's with Sat's, not the cheapest setup, but sometimes I end up flying REALLY high or really far off. Most of my planes cover a lot of ground quickly. Never had a single glitch or loss of signal. (knock on wood)

If I was just scratch building or other small park flier I would go with the 2 that you mentioned, shouldn't need a sat for anything under ~300' or so.

Got a Dubro true spin prop balancer off of a dude on here.. should be here today. Hopefully I can finally balance the spinner on my BF-109.
Jun 22, 2011, 11:50 AM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
I did some Champin' right outa my back yard this morning after returning from the regular cul-de-sac area where I normally fly.

Sorry about the roundy-roundy shots, but the wind was tipping off the roof peaks and making it a weird and hard-to-handle flight.

The fat guy in the shots? That's me!
Early AM Champ (4 min 23 sec)
Jun 22, 2011, 12:04 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL
I did some Champin' right outa my back yard this morning after returning from the regular cul-de-sac area where I normally fly.

Sorry about the roundy-roundy shots, but the wind was tipping off the roof peaks and making it a weird and hard-to-handle flight.

The fat guy in the shots? That's me!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF_BOcF9Uzk

You need some floats!!

With that water right behind your house you have the most perfect set up right there!!...i'm jealous!!

Floats for the S/C or for the champ..you gota get some floats man!

I was building floats for the S/C but have only got one done and it didn't come out so well....not going to build the second one and will be buying the floats for the S/C sometime in the next couple weeks.

Whats up with the brown outs?

Never had that happen before on mine.

Ridgewalker
Jun 22, 2011, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJOsik
Not trying to be bashful or gloat, but personally, I think I did extremely well with the champ. Which makes me think I would be fine with the t-28...would controlling it be to hard on the stock tx, which is the same as the champs?
GJOsik
I fly both with the stock TX and once the T28 was trimmed I don't have any problems. I did try it n the low rate and didn't like the way it flew. I have been on full since. If you can make the champ do waht you want it to do, than you shouldn't ahve any problems with the T28.

Mark
Jun 22, 2011, 12:14 PM
Future Pilot
Great video Mac! A little wobbly though, I guess because of the wind.

--

I swear Ridge, you stole my post! I was literally going to say the exact same things (floats, and brownout). Sheesh! Not fair!
Jun 22, 2011, 01:00 PM
NorCal Prop Buster
When I lived in Florida we called those Gator ponds!

blu
Jun 22, 2011, 01:05 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
As soon as I posted this video I thought, "Hoo-boy, here come the calls for floats, floats and more floats!"
Jun 22, 2011, 01:21 PM
If in doubt, add accelerant
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnewton
GJOsik
I fly both with the stock TX and once the T28 was trimmed I don't have any problems. I did try it n the low rate and didn't like the way it flew. I have been on full since. If you can make the champ do waht you want it to do, than you shouldn't ahve any problems with the T28.

Mark
I can completely agree, I taught a friend of mine to fly, after a day on the champ i got him on my UM T-28, after one flight he was cordless - no input from me needed at all. Its such a forgiving plane.... (better than the champ )
Jun 22, 2011, 01:37 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Thread OP
Bluhammer....

That video at Half Moon was pretty slick!..lol

I'll do my best to top it!..lol...flying the champ at over 5000'.

But getting a day when the winds will be calm enough to fly the champ that high are tough to come by where i plan on flying the champ...lol

Ridgewalker
Jun 22, 2011, 02:06 PM
Future Pilot
Ridge, I got a question about the ancient fossils you have.

Are you able to identify any of the species? If so, are they ones which are still around today? Just curious.

---

BTW, does anyone know if a simulator can be used on the DX5e? Thanks!
Jun 22, 2011, 02:47 PM
NorCal Prop Buster
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker
Bluhammer....

That video at Half Moon was pretty slick!..lol

I'll do my best to top it!..lol...flying the champ at over 5000'.

But getting a day when the winds will be calm enough to fly the champ that high are tough to come by where i plan on flying the champ...lol

Ridgewalker
We have other comm. sites over 5000 ft. so bring it on!

You're right about the winds, it's rare when you get up to those elevations and not get blown away. When I 1st got to that site is was ok, by the end of the video you can see the wind was really starting to pick up and I was breathing hard with the thought of having my poor Champ getting blown out to sea
Blu
Jun 22, 2011, 02:50 PM
NorCal Prop Buster
Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
Ridge, I got a question about the ancient fossils you have.

Are you able to identify any of the species? If so, are they ones which are still around today? Just curious.

---

BTW, does anyone know if a simulator can be used on the DX5e? Thanks!
Do I! My Phoenix simulator came with one, that's how I got mine.
Jun 22, 2011, 02:53 PM
Future Pilot
Really? What kind of cable do you need? Is it just a cable, or is there some sort of converter? If it's just a cable, then I'm sure I could whip up my own from tonnes of cables I have lying around. Please let me know!

Quick Reply