The Off Topic Champ Thread...Welcome!!! - Page 866 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Oct 12, 2012, 03:57 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
MaladroitFL's Avatar
Wow! It was dead here, so I checked out for a few days. Then on Oct. 8th, you guys went post-happy!
Well, that was my 57th B-day.... and I feel younger than I did last year.

My new job is at Vero's Voice magazine and it's a great place to work!
I have some really "tough" assignments too.

Like today, for instance... I "was forced" to write an article about this thing!!!
(see below)

ha ha ha ha!
Mac
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 12, 2012, 07:06 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
leethetreeguy's Avatar
Gosh Dang Mac...HAPPY Belated brother!!!
Oct 12, 2012, 07:30 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Chap1012's Avatar
Happy birthday Mac. It is you, who brings this thread alive all the time

Mac, that is a beautiful assignment you got. IMHO, I would consider it an honor. I hope you post the finished article that you write

I've been super busy so, I'll catch up on the vids. I'm sure they are awesome as usual.

Hey Capt. Lee is pretty awesome on the banjo and not too shabby on the guitar either. I hope some day to stop by and jam with him or maybe he could meet me at Atlanta International AP on my way to Florida some time

Mike.
Oct 12, 2012, 08:08 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
MaladroitFL's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012
Happy birthday Mac. It is you, who brings this thread alive all the time

Mac, that is a beautiful assignment you got. IMHO, I would consider it an honor. I hope you post the finished article that you write

I've been super busy so, I'll catch up on the vids. I'm sure they are awesome as usual.

Hey Capt. Lee is pretty awesome on the banjo and not too shabby on the guitar either. I hope some day to stop by and jam with him or maybe he could meet me at Atlanta International AP on my way to Florida some time
Mike.
Thanks, Mike!

I also wrote a center-fold article about the Sebastian, FL Airmasters R/C Club. It'll also be in the November issue of Vero's Voice magazine.

So basically, I have a great new job where I can write about things I enjoy... like RC planes and clubs and all things aeronautical.

Mac
Oct 12, 2012, 09:30 PM
So broke I can't pay attention
A belated 'Happy B'Day' to you Mac, and congrats an your new job, sounds like a fun gig.
Oct 12, 2012, 09:31 PM
Big Jim
RTF Thumper's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL
Thanks, Mike!

I also wrote a center-fold article about the Sebastian, FL Airmasters R/C Club. It'll also be in the November issue of Vero's Voice magazine.

So basically, I have a great new job where I can write about things I enjoy... like RC planes and clubs and all things aeronautical.

Mac
Very Nice Mac, and happy B-day.
Oct 12, 2012, 09:41 PM
Registered User
Ginohio's Avatar
Happy belated Birthday Mac...sent you a PM this eve about my son down your way..


Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL
Wow! It was dead here, so I checked out for a few days. Then on Oct. 8th, you guys went post-happy!
Well, that was my 57th B-day.... and I feel younger than I did last year.

My new job is at Vero's Voice magazine and it's a great place to work!
I have some really "tough" assignments too.

Like today, for instance... I "was forced" to write an article about this thing!!!
(see below)

ha ha ha ha!
Mac
Oct 13, 2012, 10:31 AM
Registered User
mycaptain's Avatar
Mac... Sounds like ya had a good Birthday! Just turned 60 myself in Sept. I've been retired for 5 years and just discovered electrics this spring. I could come out of retirement for a job like yours. Any openings? ha ha. My longtime girlfriend and I have been spending the month of February in Daytona the last 4 years going to the NASCAR races and bike week. But not this year, bought to many planes this summer. Going to miss the winter break from here. Oh well, maybe next year. I ment to tell ya I enjoyed your pictures of your muscle cars, especially the Olds 442. One of my best friends had one back in the early 70's. I loved that car! Fast with a smooth ride. I couldn't afford one then, and still can't. ha ha. Probably around a hundred grand now for a nice one. Enjoy that warm weather down there cause it's gett'n cold here now. Capt'n Ron
Oct 13, 2012, 02:44 PM
Suspended Account
Wishing you a Happy and Belated Birthday Mac!

And hope all is well and you enjoyed every second of it Have a great day Bud/

And to all the same, enjoy

FISHY.
Oct 13, 2012, 06:58 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
leethetreeguy's Avatar
Hey Mac, Miss Tina say's happy Birthday too.
Here is a little present for ya. A pic of her a few years ago. ahahaha
Enjoy!!!
Oct 13, 2012, 07:46 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bluhammer's Avatar
Hey! It was my birthday last month, where's my Tina pictures?
Blu
Oct 13, 2012, 08:06 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
leethetreeguy's Avatar
Sorry Blue. I don't know if I have any more. hahahah. Guess I will have to get the camera out and take some. ahahahahah
Oct 13, 2012, 08:47 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bluhammer's Avatar
I just want to see Tina flying one of your planes, quit hoggin all the fun Lee!
Oct 13, 2012, 09:06 PM
┌∩┐(⋟﹏⋞)┌∩┐ The FAA
nightfox7's Avatar
Any decent clones of the Champ? (Why yes, I am that cheap )
Oct 13, 2012, 10:37 PM
Big Jim
RTF Thumper's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfox7
Any decent clones of the Champ? (Why yes, I am that cheap )
Not that I know of


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Another Topic on Champ Vs Mini Cub :) Tcragun56 Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 36 Mar 17, 2011 05:39 AM
The Off Topic, Off Topic Thread #2 Spadplanter Life, The Universe, and Politics 13 Jun 25, 2004 09:33 AM
The Off Topic, Off Topic Thread Spadplanter Life, The Universe, and Politics 76 Jun 17, 2004 02:40 AM