Jul 02, 2019, 04:56 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High Mike
Well, that sucks big time. Why in hell did your Co. give up the "secrets" of your company's discovery? I don't get get that.
They didn't give the secrets to anyone. We (MDT's MRI research team) did all of the hard R&D that took 7 years & then gave MDT's upper management the answer, regarding how to make a pacemaker & pacing-lead MRI-safe. They didn't need us anymore just to churn-out MRI-safe pacing systems, they were in the middle of the big layoff, and we were "making the big bucks" - so...we got the axe.

Joel
Latest blog entry: E-flite 850mm Pitts
to remove ads between posts
Jul 12, 2019, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamyflyerr
Very cool
Nice flying there
Looks like you greased that landing .
Well done sir
That plane sounds awesome , especially on the low high speed pass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer
Good flying guys!
Iíve really come to admire the looks of the Zero.
Hey Tom, thatís the worlds shortest runway they got there.
Quote:
Derick, Nice piece of flying there Bud. Dang, she sounds like a jet. I loved the high speed passes. I can't get over the sound of her

Tom, I gotta laugh at that awesome runway Bud. Are membership fees charged by the foot? Nice flying Guy.
Thanks so much everyone!
Jul 12, 2019, 08:33 AM
Registered Abuser
6 planes loaded up in my ghettofabulous plane hauler and ready to go! All fly on a 2200mah 3s. I hope the wind cooperates today
Jul 12, 2019, 04:22 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
6 planes loaded up in my ghettofabulous plane hauler and ready to go! All fly on a 2200mah 3s. I hope the wind cooperates today
Very
Jul 12, 2019, 04:44 PM
Registered Abuser
Quote:
Very
I modified the Das Ugly Stick so it fits in the car better
Jul 12, 2019, 10:43 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
YIKES !! What happened? Mechanical or pilot error? It's always pilot error with me
Jul 13, 2019, 02:26 AM
Registered Abuser
Quote:
YIKES !! What happened? Mechanical or pilot error? It's always pilot error with me
100% pilot error on this one too. I had worked all night and didn't sleep through the day and then had been flying for 3.5 hours nonstop as I was the only one at the club. I was flying much sillier than I should have been and spiraled it in too low. At least the repair looks easy
Jul 13, 2019, 09:57 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
100% pilot error on this one too. I had worked all night and didn't sleep through the day and then had been flying for 3.5 hours nonstop as I was the only one at the club. I was flying much sillier than I should have been and spiraled it in too low. At least the repair looks easy
Yup, that should be an easy repair. Now stop getting silly. Silly goose
Jul 16, 2019, 11:32 AM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Quote:
Iíve had a few of those modified planes myself! Weíve got a new flyer old guy thatís still trying to get over the hump. So many crashes. Three weekends in a row hitting the same street light pole! We all crackup and encourage him to keep working at it, and he does.
If it wasnít for buddy boxing with him it would have been way worse lol.
Jul 16, 2019, 01:10 PM
Registered Abuser
Quote:
Iíve had a few of those modified planes myself! Weíve got a new flyer old guy thatís still trying to get over the hump. So many crashes. Three weekends in a row hitting the same street light pole! We all crackup and encourage him to keep working at it, and he does.
Haha I consider him quite skilled... I couldn't hit the light pole no matter how hard I tried!

Crashes don't really bother me much. I fly like a fool and understand the risk
Jul 18, 2019, 08:15 AM
Quote:

Your gonna be Tim's hero on the buddy box there.
And your right we're all "cracking up" at his flying and so are his planes.
Keep that glue handy.
lol
Jul 18, 2019, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Haha I consider him quite skilled... I couldn't hit the light pole no matter how hard I tried!

Crashes don't really bother me much. I fly like a fool and understand the risk

I can resemble that remark about flying like a fool some times
Aug 19, 2019, 01:53 AM

Arrows RC F4U-4 Corsair 1100mm PNP Warbird Flight

This is a Demo Flight of my Arrows RC F4U-4 Corsair 1100mm Warbird.

Arrows RC F4U-4 Corsair 1100mm PNP Warbird Flight (5 min 41 sec)

All of the internals are stock. Powered by an Admiral 3S 2600mAh 30C lipo, the weight of this 3-cell battery (211 grams) with an additional 28 grams of ballast affixed to the underside of the removable battery tray was enough to meet the manual's recommended 60mm CG. Flown with a Spektrum DX8 G2 Transmitter and using a Lemon RX "LM033" DSMX 7-Channel Stabilizer / Receiver.

My RC friend Brad had shown up to the airfield to view my Arrows RC F4U-4 Corsair in action. What I didn't realize until halfway through my flight was that he had also decided to record my flight as well. Brad had been looking for an F4U Corsair in the 1100-1200mm wingspan range to replace his aging Parkzone Corsair. I had suggested this model in particular. With excellent stock 3S performance, quality materials, manufacturing, as well as having flaps, retracts, and lights right out of the box, the Arrows RC F4U-4 Corsair is a great value and hard to pass up for $169. I also felt right at home piloting this one - just a very solid warbird with no bad habits, and a real sweetheart to fly.

Brad ended up buying one.

Brad, thanks by the way for getting my flight footage. Even with just an old iPhone 6, you still managed to capture one of the best warbird flights I've ever completed -- and what's surprising is you typically don't even record flight video. You definitely have some camera skills. Thanks again!

TRANSMITTER, RECEIVER, & SETUP:

Transmitter: Spektrum DX8 (G2)
Gain Settings: Aileron - 9:30 O'Clock, Rudder Ė 9:30 O'Clock, Elevator - 10 O'Clock
High Rates: 100-Aileron / 25% Expo, 100-Elevator / 25% Expo, 100-Rudder, 0% Expo
Low Rates: 70-Aileron / 20% Expo, 70-Elevator / 20% Expo, 70-Rudder, 0% Expo
Control Rod Placement: Ailerons - Middle Hole, Elevator - Outer Hole, Rudder - Outer Hole, Flaps Ė Outer Hole
Flap System: Mid - 65% with 3% Up Elevator / Full - 95% with 6% Up Elevator
Flap Delay: 2.0 Seconds
Center of Gravity: 60mm
Battery: Admiral 3S 2600mAh 30C
Throttle Timer: 4 Minutes
Lipo Final Voltage: 11.48 Volts out of 12.60 Volts (41%)

Camera: iPhone 6
Camerawork: Brad
Music: With Ether - "Sol Squadron" Ace Combat 7 - Acoustic Guitar Duo Cover

Thanks for watching!
Aug 21, 2019, 12:17 AM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
Just checking up on something, and I wasn't able to find this in the UM threads.. Best way to reinforce the tail section of the polecat and sukhoi is tape and a bit of CF? If this is correct, what's the best way to do it?

Given the fact that the tail sections of both are pretty much rarer than hens teeth nowadays, I really want to hang on to them as long as possible.
Aug 24, 2019, 06:44 PM
They call me Lipo...

Get your kicks on Route 66!

So I took Tiny Tim out for a flight at a very special place...

I flew the UMX Timber on what John Steinbeck called "the mother road" in his 1939 classic "The Grapes of Wrath"....Route 66 !
E-flite UMX Timber - At the Bagdad Cafe on historic Route 66! (8 min 17 sec)

It was also neat to fly the little plane in front of a special restaurant...the "Bagdad Cafe", where a 1987 German comedy-drama was filmed:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagdad_Cafe

Hope y'all enjoy the trip back in time !

Last edited by Justwingit; Aug 24, 2019 at 06:59 PM.

Quick Reply