Nov 30, 2016, 06:04 PM
NorCal Prop Buster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012
"My, that's a big one." [Dirty Harry]. The price is big too

Thanks for the info Derick.
I think a two engine PNP plane with retracts of that size is a major bargain at that price.
I've built balsa ARFs and EPP profiles that came close in price when you buy quality electronics for them.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2016, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer
I think a two engine PNP plane with retracts of that size is a major bargain at that price.
I've built balsa ARFs and EPP profiles that came close in price when you buy quality electronics for them.
Agreed... !!!

My 48" 3DHS Edge 540 cost well over $500 to kit out! And this is a twin motor, 63 " wingspan bad-ass in-betweener fighter! (Kinda fell between WWII and Korea, was a bit late for the former and a bit irrelevant due to jets by the latter, although saw some action in both I believe)
Last edited by bhoov128; Dec 01, 2016 at 12:20 AM. Reason: wrong spec on wingspan
Nov 30, 2016, 11:10 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
I should have been more specific Guys. The price is big for Moi Blu, she is a beauty though. Really she is

Mike.
Nov 30, 2016, 11:41 PM
NorCal Prop Buster
Someday it might be mine, but another size of expensive batteries for a specific airplane is a tough decision I'll have to ponder.
But it sure is cool!
Nov 30, 2016, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Someday it might be mine, but another size of expensive batteries for a specific airplane is a tough decision I'll have to ponder.
But it sure is cool!
Yeah exactly... $50 each battery and you need 2 for the 8S system, so for a few flights per day you're probably going to buy six unless you have a massive charging system you can set up at the field, so that's $150 in batteries, and personally I'd have to get the $50 oleo strut upgrade so that puts me at probably over $600 after shipping.
Dec 01, 2016, 10:30 AM
NorCal Prop Buster
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128
Yeah exactly... $50 each battery and you need 2 for the 8S system, so for a few flights per day you're probably going to buy six unless you have a massive charging system you can set up at the field, so that's $150 in batteries, and personally I'd have to get the $50 oleo strut upgrade so that puts me at probably over $600 after shipping.
Yep, a lot of dough.
Especially when I'm looking at the Excalibur and other planes in the under $200 range that I have batteries for. Plus I already have 14 aircraft that all want a turn in the air
Dec 02, 2016, 04:11 PM
NorCal Prop Buster
I see you got the HK Excalibur there Capt'n! Lucky you.
Can't wait to hear your report
Dec 06, 2016, 06:28 PM
Yeah Blu, thanks to you pointing this out to me I bought one and three 4s 1800 graphine batteries. Now we have a big snow storm coming so it looks as though winter is going to set in now. So I won't be able to fly it till spring now, probably 90 days. Oh well, at least I got one.

I did fly my sportcub this morning. Had to put the floats on it as we already have a few inches of snow on the ground. It was 32 degrees out. All went well. Charging batteries for tomorrow morning as I type this.

So when I do maiden her I'll be sure to let you know. Happy fly'n... Capt'n

My prayers to all the families in the Oakland warehouse fire. Hope you didn't know anyone involved in that situation.
Dec 06, 2016, 08:51 PM
Does anyone think that I can run this plane on a NTM prop drive series 35-36A 1800Kv and a HOBBY KING 80A ESC 4A SBEC???
Dec 07, 2016, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayR
Does anyone think that I can run this plane on a NTM prop drive series 35-36A 1800Kv and a HOBBY KING 80A ESC 4A SBEC???
Yes, a Champ should work fine with those components......

(are you sure you're in the right thread? or are you asking of a different plane?)
Dec 07, 2016, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamyflyerr
Sounds good Blu and I would be honored to have you join us
Keep in touch we'll set it up
Hey guys, I'll be flying into SFO on the 21st and will be staying with my parents in the Tracy area up until the 26th. We'll most likely be travelling to South San Fran a few of those days as we have relatives there. But yes, let me know if you guys are going to be flying some time during those days.
Dec 07, 2016, 01:03 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Derick, That would be awesome if you could hook up with these Guys. That would make for an awesome vid.

Mike.
Dec 07, 2016, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Derick, That would be awesome if you could hook up with these Guys. That would make for an awesome vid.

Mike.
Thanks man! It would be pretty cool. I probably won't be doing much flying as I won't have any of my planes with me. But still a great experience to meet some RCG members nonetheless. I'll snag some photos.
Dec 07, 2016, 01:19 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze0021
Thanks man! It would be pretty cool. I probably won't be doing much flying as I won't have any of my planes with me. But still a great experience to meet some RCG members nonetheless. I'll snag some photos.
I'm sure they will have a Champ for you to fly
Dec 07, 2016, 01:22 PM
Quote:
I'm sure they will have a Champ for you to fly
Indeed!

Seeing that scratchbuilt Bipe in person that they posted several pages back would be pretty cool.

Quick Reply