New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:30 AM
Shedofdread is offline
Find More Posts by Shedofdread
Deniable plausibility
Shedofdread's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock 1 View Post
Looks like she could do with a bit of feeding...
Were we to be stood in the tap room of the 'Dog & Handgun' (oldschool comedy reference there...), my response would be somewhat different. However as we're all on a family friendly forum, I'll just say that I'm fancying holidaying in Italy next year...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:37 AM
Shedofdread is offline
Find More Posts by Shedofdread
Deniable plausibility
Shedofdread's Avatar
Whilst on the topic of summer hols, here's a pic of me flinging my Xeno off the hill in Fiss (Austria) at this year's 'Flying Circus'. I truly HATE this aeroplane but when the wind decided not to cooperate, I was thankfull I packed it....

Austria has to be one of the most beautiful countries I've had the priviledge to visit and a slope soarer's paradise. To that end, already planning return trip with more alpine suitable 'ammo'
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:52 AM
feefo is offline
Find More Posts by feefo
#who gives a rats a**?
feefo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedofdread View Post
....Austria has to be one of the most beautiful countries I've had the priviledge to visit and a slope soarer's paradise. To that end, already planning return trip with more alpine suitable 'ammo'
I'm guessing the ski lifts/cable cars make it a little more enjoyable....
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:09 AM
Shedofdread is offline
Find More Posts by Shedofdread
Deniable plausibility
Shedofdread's Avatar
Oh yeah - done of this trudging up hills mallarkey - just hop on a cable car. From hotel to that flying site - 5mins walk across meadow (piste in winter), ride cable car for 5mins and saunter across another meadow. All good! Oh, and zoom back for afternoon snacks
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:37 AM
isoaritfirst is offline
Find More Posts by isoaritfirst
isoaritfirst
isoaritfirst's Avatar
I wonder if the Redkites will do as well when culling badgers is legal.

To get the office girl up the hill John , your trousers must be very full

of very deep pockets
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:52 PM
feefo is offline
Find More Posts by feefo
#who gives a rats a**?
feefo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedofdread View Post
Oh yeah - done of this trudging up hills mallarkey - just hop on a cable car. From hotel to that flying site - 5mins walk across meadow (piste in winter), ride cable car for 5mins and saunter across another meadow. All good! Oh, and zoom back for afternoon snacks
Sounds pleasant, has to be a catch? Cost of a beer maybe, and the food...?
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:49 PM
Andy_b is offline
Find More Posts by Andy_b
Registered User
we went to Hahenmoos last summer ....similar sort of thing .....we were expecting £12 a pint so just the £6 was a bargain £25 for burger and chips was a bit steep ..........but you have to go ............different sort of slope flying completely
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:55 PM
feefo is offline
Find More Posts by feefo
#who gives a rats a**?
feefo's Avatar
I'll put it on the list
Old Sep 19, 2012, 02:06 PM
Woodstock 1 is offline
Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
-----
Woodstock 1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedofdread View Post
Whilst on the topic of summer hols, here's a pic of me flinging my Xeno off the hill in Fiss (Austria) at this year's 'Flying Circus'. I truly HATE this aeroplane but when the wind decided not to cooperate, I was thankfull I packed it....

Austria has to be one of the most beautiful countries I've had the priviledge to visit and a slope soarer's paradise. To that end, already planning return trip with more alpine suitable 'ammo'
C'mon now, you can't just post that teaser pic ! Where's the video and the picture album?

Chris
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:22 PM
Shedofdread is offline
Find More Posts by Shedofdread
Deniable plausibility
Shedofdread's Avatar
I'll put together a little album and write up when I have a spare mo (and am back at base) but as for video - sorry, didn't take any. What I can say is that taking a 5' long Peli case on public transport half way across Europe was an adventure in itself... But that's a story for another time
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:32 PM
Shedofdread is offline
Find More Posts by Shedofdread
Deniable plausibility
Shedofdread's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by feefo View Post
Sounds pleasant, has to be a catch? Cost of a beer maybe, and the food...?
No, not too bad. Remember this Austria, not Switzerland. Also the hotel was virtually full board. The 'afternoon snacks' were in reality meals
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:47 PM
mr_editor is offline
Find More Posts by mr_editor
Biting ankles since '53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedofdread View Post
I'll put together a little album and write up when I have a spare mo (and am back at base) but as for video - sorry, didn't take any. What I can say is that taking a 5' long Peli case on public transport half way across Europe was an adventure in itself... But that's a story for another time
Lightweight! Try getting 25 windsurfing boards assorted rigs (about50) and a scaffolding tower across the Sinai, onto a plane and back to blights on your own…
And my normal load for travelling the caribbean was a double board bag and rig bag plus camera bags and luggage. I've done a lot of miles on the roofs of minibuses as they didn't have enough rope to tie the load on…
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:46 AM
Shedofdread is offline
Find More Posts by Shedofdread
Deniable plausibility
Shedofdread's Avatar
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_editor View Post
Lightweight! Try getting 25 windsurfing boards assorted rigs (about50) and a scaffolding tower across the Sinai, onto a plane and back to blights on your own…
And my normal load for travelling the caribbean was a double board bag and rig bag plus camera bags and luggage. I've done a lot of miles on the roofs of minibuses as they didn't have enough rope to tie the load on…
That all you had to do? Sheer luxury...
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:09 AM
Woodstock 1 is offline
Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
-----
Woodstock 1's Avatar
Aye. Looxury.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:54 AM
Bakkie is offline
Find More Posts by Bakkie
I think I'm Mode 2
Bakkie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_editor View Post
Lightweight! Try getting 25 windsurfing boards assorted rigs (about50) and a scaffolding tower across the Sinai, onto a plane and back to blights on your own…
And my normal load for travelling the caribbean was a double board bag and rig bag plus camera bags and luggage. I've done a lot of miles on the roofs of minibuses as they didn't have enough rope to tie the load on…
The above info is entertaining but useless without any pic


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suggestion Embedded images Not showing in Humour Forum AndyOne Site Suggestions / Complaints 1 Apr 29, 2011 07:10 PM
Off Site DX7 less than 2.5 months old + Other accessories - Not for Sale Anymore here butter_fingers Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 4 Apr 25, 2011 10:13 PM
Rant Posting Garbage on other people's FOR SALE Thread just because... PittSpecial Chit Chat 6 Apr 03, 2011 02:51 PM
Question can I use T-28 Tx for other parkzone micro fliers? VirTus Micro Ready-to-Fly 7 Mar 23, 2011 08:20 AM
One of these cells is not like the other... Martin Hunter Batteries and Chargers 5 Nov 21, 2005 02:43 PM