Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jun 22, 2011, 02:23 PM
Nemo in a blender
Connexxion's Avatar
Does this new FW fit the Minsoo Kim blueboard?

(I'm asking this for the 2nd time)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 22, 2011, 03:10 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connexxion View Post
Does this new FW fit the Minsoo Kim blueboard?

(I'm asking this for the 2nd time)
Yes - should fit both Red and Blue boards
Jun 22, 2011, 03:14 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connexxion View Post
Does this new FW fit the Minsoo Kim blueboard?

(I'm asking this for the 2nd time)
I mean no disrespect but in my opinion KK is doing this for free. So we should just read what he is saying and lay off him to let him do his magic. Instead of having a sense of entitlement and whine about questions not getting answered.

If KK is selling something I would expect a little customer support but this is all free stuff. As the saying goes, there are no free lunches in this world. So we shouldn't expect any.

I would love to see a quad X version of the new firmware but I am sure KK will get around to it when he does. So I have been refraining from even asking about it unlike some other posters here.

Let's be polite and extend some courtesy to every one. The world will be a better place.
Jun 22, 2011, 03:16 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connexxion View Post
Does this new FW fit the Minsoo Kim blueboard?

(I'm asking this for the 2nd time)
According to post number 23:

KK wrote:

""It will work in any KK based board.""

With that I am sure it will work on the Minsoo Kim Blueboard.
Jun 22, 2011, 04:59 PM
Master of Flash
LazyZero's Avatar
I found why I had to trim Throttle to arm. It is the Multiplex Royal transmitter, the throttle stick curve has by default not -100% 0% 100%. It has -90% 0% 100% to make sure that a glow motor will not stop when the stick is on zero.

Best Christian
Jun 22, 2011, 05:29 PM
Went to mow a meadow
frank48's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave View Post
I mean no disrespect but in my opinion KK is doing this for free. So we should just read what he is saying and lay off him to let him do his magic. Instead of having a sense of entitlement and whine about questions not getting answered.

If KK is selling something I would expect a little customer support but this is all free stuff. As the saying goes, there are no free lunches in this world. So we shouldn't expect any.

I would love to see a quad X version of the new firmware but I am sure KK will get around to it when he does. So I have been refraining from even asking about it unlike some other posters here.

Let's be polite and extend some courtesy to every one. The world will be a better place.
+1

Thanks KK ... hope youre keeping well now
Jun 22, 2011, 06:40 PM
Registered User
Flyingfool's Avatar
Is this firmware better than the Minsoo XX KR 1.7 firmware as far as stability and yaw drift?

Randy
Jun 23, 2011, 09:59 AM
Nemo in a blender
Connexxion's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave View Post
I mean no disrespect but in my opinion KK is doing this for free. So we should just read what he is saying and lay off him to let him do his magic. Instead of having a sense of entitlement and whine about questions not getting answered.

If KK is selling something I would expect a little customer support but this is all free stuff. As the saying goes, there are no free lunches in this world. So we shouldn't expect any.

I would love to see a quad X version of the new firmware but I am sure KK will get around to it when he does. So I have been refraining from even asking about it unlike some other posters here.

Let's be polite and extend some courtesy to every one. The world will be a better place.
Seems like miscommunication to me.

I didn't intend to be rude or ask for something that didn't cost anything.

Just wanted to contribute by giving KK feedback after using his new fw.

That's all I meant.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
Jun 23, 2011, 10:01 AM
Nemo in a blender
Connexxion's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyZero View Post
I found why I had to trim Throttle to arm. It is the Multiplex Royal transmitter, the throttle stick curve has by default not -100% 0% 100%. It has -90% 0% 100% to make sure that a glow motor will not stop when the stick is on zero.

Best Christian
Multiplex has indeed this weird thing.

I've a Cockpit SX and have to lower the trim too otherwise the rx will see a positive throttle value.

Throttle trim at minimum equals throttle closed.
Jun 23, 2011, 10:41 AM
Registered User
nasgul's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connexxion View Post
Seems like miscommunication to me.

I didn't intend to be rude or ask for something that didn't cost anything.

Just wanted to contribute by giving KK feedback after using his new fw.

That's all I meant.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
same for myself. i do apologize for my impatience, just really keen as this is my first foray into building a quadcopter. keep up the good work kk!
Jun 23, 2011, 10:43 AM
Registered User
subscribed! Can't wait til there's an upgrade for my Tri! THANKS KK!
Jun 23, 2011, 03:02 PM
making big holes in the sky..
Tested the 4.6 firmware today on my 45cm MTM quad with a KR REDboard.

Fuatba 9c 35mhz
futaba 149 RX

No throttle trim needed to arm!!

Hints for those who like to try kk4.6 firmware on a KR redboard:
The pots are reversed (full is CCW)
The yaw gyro need to be reversed

Had just a short try but it seemed much more stable then 4.5

As I am a full-FPV guy am absolutely rubbish in "in sigth flying" so I reprogrammed my RC TX with evelons and flew it a bit in x-mode as well.
Will try it FPV tomorrow, that way I realy can compere it with the KR 1.7 firmware.

Thanx a million KapteinKUK for outstandig work..

Det er nesten så man kan kalle det en ståkuk.... (sorry, had to write that in Norwegian)

Love from OSLO
Jun 23, 2011, 03:42 PM
Kiwi in Germany
whakahere's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajas View Post
Tested the 4.6 firmware today on my 45cm MTM quad with a KR REDboard.

Fuatba 9c 35mhz
futaba 149 RX

No throttle trim needed to arm!!

Hints for those who like to try kk4.6 firmware on a KR redboard:
The pots are reversed (full is CCW)
The yaw gyro need to be reversed

Had just a short try but it seemed much more stable then 4.5

As I am a full-FPV guy am absolutely rubbish in "in sigth flying" so I reprogrammed my RC TX with evelons and flew it a bit in x-mode as well.
Will try it FPV tomorrow, that way I realy can compere it with the KR 1.7 firmware.

Thanx a million KapteinKUK for outstandig work..

Det er nesten så man kan kalle det en ståkuk.... (sorry, had to write that in Norwegian)

Love from OSLO
Sounds like KapteinKUK has done a great job. I'm always amazed at people with the talent to create things like this.

I'm a FPV guy too. Looking forward to your review! Oh do you think a tri or a quad is easier to fly (coming from planes in FVP)?
Jun 23, 2011, 03:54 PM
making big holes in the sky..
Quote:
Originally Posted by whakahere View Post
Sounds like KapteinKUK has done a great job. I'm always amazed at people with the talent to create things like this.

I'm a FPV guy too. Looking forward to your review! Oh do you think a tri or a quad is easier to fly (coming from planes in FVP)?
I think the tri is maybe easier to fly, but quads are easier to build and repair..
A 45cm armed tri is like driving a buss, a 45cm motortomotror quad with good motors is like riving a sportscar... both fun but differt..
Get a simulator with "fpv-view" and as a plane-FPVer you will master this brilliantly with 3 houers playing topps...
Jun 23, 2011, 04:32 PM
Kiwi in Germany
whakahere's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajas View Post
I think the tri is maybe easier to fly, but quads are easier to build and repair..
A 45cm armed tri is like driving a buss, a 45cm motortomotror quad with good motors is like riving a sportscar... both fun but differt..
Get a simulator with "fpv-view" and as a plane-FPVer you will master this brilliantly with 3 houers playing topps...
Sounds like fun I have the gear sitting here but I leave for holiday tomorrow. When I get back in 3 weeks I will start my build. Of course I built a cheap FPV flying wing for the holidays. Let see the damage I can create Thanks for the heads up ... do I want a sports are or a bus ummmm


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion NEW KK Multicopter Core Board V5.5 Quadcopter and firmware loader terriwang Multirotor Drone Talk 1 Apr 05, 2016 04:21 AM
Sold KK Multicopter Core Board V5.5 Quadcopter and firmware loader $95 Shipped terriwang Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 20 Jun 05, 2011 11:34 PM
Cool KK Multicopter Core Board V5.5 Quadcopter and firmware loader $95 Shipped terriwang Hot Online Deals 0 May 26, 2011 12:28 AM
Sold Quadcopter KK Multicopter RR or RTF w/Turnigy 9X -- Trades welcome KKUSA Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 12 Mar 04, 2011 04:29 PM
For Sale SOLD, THANKS - COMPLETE KK QUAD RTF Kapteinkuk multicopter for sale bob.titus FPV Equipment (FS/W) 0 Nov 12, 2010 07:23 AM