Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 27, 2011, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDw
Here's a comparison between a screenshot of the pixim cam captured to mini dv

and my Samsung ES71 digital cam.

pixim

Samsung
That looks alot better than my pictures in post 288 and 292, I want one of those 690TVL's. I think SC2000 is going to exchange my camera.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2012, 12:23 PM
I recently bought one of these cams that has the IR filter installed, Took it for a fly Sunday (in 15-25knots of wind....) and here is the result:

Needs a bit of fine tuning but otherwise I'm happy!
Jan 02, 2012, 12:54 PM
NDw
NDw
Finally got mine in the air also today.

It was not a sunny day, and about 30 minutes before dusk, you can see how low the sun is in the sky. So prob worst possible conditions for it.

(2 min 10 sec)
Jan 02, 2012, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDw
Finally got mine in the air also today.

It was not a sunny day, and about 30 minutes before dusk, you can see how low the sun is in the sky. So prob worst possible conditions for it.

Thanks for posting the video, that looks really good. I think my first 690TVL was missing the IR filter. Fortunately Securitycamera2000 has great customer service and are mailing me out a replacement. Looking forward to getting this camera flying on a Reaper XL. Cheers
Jan 03, 2012, 07:39 AM
Got tired of waiting for my replacement IR Filter and tried one from an old broken RCV922 Cam, works perfect! Colours are now much better, video to follow soon..

One question, where do you find the "saturation bias" setting in the advanced menu, or am I blind?
Jan 03, 2012, 08:15 AM
NDw
NDw
It's under the viewing menu. Have a look here

(3 min 47 sec)

Btw on a different camera that cost just 11 euro securitycam sent me a replacement lens for free and I got it in a little over a week.
Jan 03, 2012, 10:36 AM
Cool thanks!

Yeah they did send me another one, just probably late due to christmas,

Cheers!
Dion
Jan 04, 2012, 07:30 AM
Very quick edit to show results of IR filter replacement, very happy!

Pixim Seawolf Cam testing (1 min 20 sec)
Jan 04, 2012, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcimports
Very quick edit to show results of IR filter replacement, very happy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTeYOezo7qo
what did you use to record the video?

umm, you missed out that last little bit at 1:11
Jan 04, 2012, 11:07 AM
Oops, oh well..

Recorded with pinnacle video transfer,

Edit -- it might be for sale soon, bought a japan-dvr for potibility reasons..

Dion
Jan 06, 2012, 11:36 AM
Nice colors better then with the old filter.

Now we need to learn how to uncolor the propeller
Jan 10, 2012, 01:55 PM
NDw
NDw
Today I tried changing a couple of settings to see what effect they have up in the air.

At this time of the year it is almost always dull and cloudy here. The last few flights, particularly flying away from the sun, in these conditions the ground was darker than I'd like.

There is a setting were you can select highlights or showdows. I can't remember what it's called but imo it looks better with highlights selected.

And I tried turning on blc.

This really brightened the ground. In sunshine it might make everything look too bright but in dull cloudy conditons imo it is better turned on.
Jan 11, 2012, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellik
I recently bought one of these cams that has the IR filter installed, Took it for a fly Sunday (in 15-25knots of wind....) and here is the result:

Needs a bit of fine tuning but otherwise I'm happy!
Over 1000m and Xtal clear video, what VTX do you have, I'm totally impressed.
I have a 200mw 5.6Ghz VTX with clover leaf antenna , helix + SPW antennas connected to 2 RC-305 VRX + diversity and the picture is crap while flying a mere 400m distance.
Maybe you flew in the country side with no radio pollution.
Jan 12, 2012, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrrps
Over 1000m and Xtal clear video, what VTX do you have, I'm totally impressed.
I have a 200mw 5.6Ghz VTX with clover leaf antenna , helix + SPW antennas connected to 2 RC-305 VRX + diversity and the picture is crap while flying a mere 400m distance.
Maybe you flew in the country side with no radio pollution.
It's interesting you should say that as I have the exact same problem with my 5.8ghz gear - can't seem to get more than 400-500m or so yet I've seen someone with the exact same gear achieve 2-3km easily.

In the video I posted I'm using 1280MHz for video - 800mW Sunsky VTx with a Vee antenna to an 8db patch + LM Rx on the ground. I've flown that plane over 3km with zero problems.
Jan 12, 2012, 03:51 PM
NDw
NDw
Here's another clip from today. This is with blc turned on. Again a cloudy day.

(2 min 2 sec)

Quick Reply