Jun 20, 2011, 05:08 AM
Thread OP
New Product

Futaba Module Adapter for Turnigy X9 (JR) from Flytron

This tiny board adapting all Futaba modules to Turnigy X9 or similar JR based transmitters.

You can use your OpenLRS, ASSAN, CORONA, FrSky,etc modules.

Adapter board including a Futaba male and JR female connectors and designed for perfect fit into the transmitters.

You can attach it to your Tx or module with double sided foam tape to easily plug or remove from other side.

They are working perfect and perfect fitting into the X9's module space.

Price: $8.90
Product link: http://www.flytron.com/openlrs/123-f...e-adapter.html

Thanks to Renato for this simple and useful idea.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 20, 2011, 06:48 AM
The art of airbrush
That's a great addition to free choice for customers...
Im personally looking for an adapter the other way around so I can use a FlySky module in a Futaba 3PK Transmitter, the US$ 5,- 3ch FlySky car receivers are a steal!!
Jun 20, 2011, 12:16 PM
Suspended Account
Is Futaba module electrically compatible with Turnigy/FlySky TX?

I think Futaba module is not electrically compatible with JR TX or vice versa.

Make sure they are compatible before you burn module and TX.
Jun 21, 2011, 02:13 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kim
Is Futaba module electrically compatible with Turnigy/FlySky TX?

I think Futaba module is not electrically compatible with JR TX or vice versa.

Make sure they are compatible before you burn module and TX.
Futaba modules working with battery voltage, JR connector including Vbat and V6(6volt) outputs, our adapter connecting only Vbat like futaba.
Ground is ground
PPM-out of JR, lower than Futaba's out.

You cant burn anything but PPM type compatibility is important,
It's working with my FrSky DFT and OpenLRS modules, but didnt work with ASSAN X8F module, I guess ASSAN module accepting only one type PPM signal.

I will edit my product information and remove Assan from list.
Jun 21, 2011, 02:56 AM
Next batch you can add an inverter on the PPM line, for both protection and signal inversion.
There is enough space in the traces area for a SMD transistor and 3 resistors.
Jun 21, 2011, 03:31 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA
Next batch you can add an inverter on the PPM line, for both protection and signal inversion.
There is enough space in the traces area for a SMD transistor and 3 resistors.
Yes you right about that, i can use my ASSAN modules with this update.
May 02, 2012, 01:07 PM
I have a problem whith this item, the black plastic piece go out the pcb and i only see 4 female pins, and I do not know if it is correct or lost a female pin. Please can check it if four or five pins?
Thankyou
May 02, 2012, 04:32 PM
S.A.D. member
The fifth pin is for a MHz antenna which is not needed when using a GHz module.
May 05, 2012, 11:57 AM
Inciting Riots
Do the Futaba sized modules snap into the radio case to hold them in place? That is the only issue I could think of about this device. Price looks good and is certainly something that has been needed. Many of the third party modules don't care about the polarity of the PPM so this should work with many different brands.
May 05, 2012, 12:05 PM
As far as I know the current version does include a PPM signal inverter for 100% Futaba compatibility.

Dimitrios
May 05, 2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot
Do the Futaba sized modules snap into the radio case to hold them in place? That is the only issue I could think of about this device. Price looks good and is certainly something that has been needed. Many of the third party modules don't care about the polarity of the PPM so this should work with many different brands.
Don't snap, but tight fit enough to not move during flight.
May 15, 2012, 10:14 AM
Neat! Does it work with Futaba TM-8 module? Do I just plug it in my 9ex and go out flying?
May 16, 2012, 03:25 PM
Thanks for reply, but for you information donīt work whith Flysky and DMD tx module for futaba. Here are more people who try this combination:
http://www.aeromodelismovirtual.com/...988#post227988

" # 4787
AlfredoT

I have a station X9 Turnigy module and Blue DMD (for Futaba) that do not get it to work.

Connect pin to pin (with cable) positive, negative, and the PPM module of the station and did not work.
Blue module operates correctly with the Futaba, but in PPM mode Turnigy (not PCM) does not work.

I thought that the serious problem because of PPM frames, so buy the adapter module FLYTRON with the inverter circuit built-PPM,
but this also worked with the blue Tx.

As my intention is to use the module with the Turnigy Tx blue and ER9X firmware. Update the radio station if it worked, but neither.

I've done tests with the transmitter + module + module adapter for Futaba 35Mhz and it works fine, but when you switch to Blue module no longer works.
Comment that the Tx module is perfectly paired with a receiver also blue.

The truth is no longer supporting evidence; do that but, as the original modules of the Turnigy 2.4G working properly and 35Mhz Futaba module also works with the adapter.

Does anyone have this configuration working?

salu2

DMD page: http://tienda.dmd.es/epages/ea0697.s...20%26%20UAV%22
This is information for you, for de V3 Adapter.
Bies.
Apr 04, 2013, 05:21 AM
obserwator
I'd like to order Turnigy 9XR radio.. and debating if I should go with Futaba or JR module combo??? 1) for JR: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Module_RX.html (with telemetry)
2) with non telemetry receiver for JR: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...8FR_II_RX.html
3) for Futaba: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=14354

Any collaborative input would gr8atly be appreciated! (pros? cons??, range????
alarms???)

Thank you!
Apr 04, 2013, 05:29 AM
1) is the exact fit to your radio
2) is a senseless combo just to make price lower and try to play as an entry level solution, but hide a big danger: any telemetry module bound first from the factory to a non telemetry receiver issue something similar to zero UID bug from Futaba. The result, two such combos on same field will drop each other planes. The fix is easy, make a first binding attempt to a fictious telemetry receiver, even if you don't own one.
3) is the most flexible, if you own or plan other Futaba radio, and want to use Frsky stuff on both systems.

As performance all systems are the same. 2) will not issue alarms.

Quick Reply