Jun 19, 2011, 12:09 PM
Lets make it remote control!!!
Thread OP
Discussion

tamiya cr01 4 wheel steer land cruiser

some new pics.......This is my Tamiya cr01. I added 4 wheel steering to it. I had to add a hobbyking v tail mixer to make the rear servo turn in the right direction. also added a rc lighting led set with head , tail and 2 spot lights on top of axial roof rack. also added a handmade snorkel made from a bic pen and balsa.also added a homemade rear spare tire mount. waiting on tires to arrive. i added a waterproof box for the electronics made from a radio shack hobby box. esc was getting warm and cutting out so i added a snorkel to the top of the box that reaches to the same height of the roof . so as long as i dont totally submerge it will be fine. i also waterproofed the axles,transmission and servos with form a gasket.i opted to velcro the body to the mounts so no holes looks a lot better.right now has stock motor in it and runs at a very scale speed with plenty of low end torque. dont see a need to upgrade motor right now anyway. this was my first scale build not a hot rod.made a firewood bundle and bundle of rope with home made bungee cords. waiting on scale size charcoal bag and budweiser case of beer to put in roof rack. will update as this progresses. this is a very capable rock crawler or scale trail truck. the locked axles and 4 wheel steering are a must. this model does not turn at all on 2 wheel steering. very fun truck. pricey but super ride.
Last edited by abletowinginc; Jun 24, 2011 at 03:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 18, 2011, 12:27 AM
very nice.. I got the jeep wrangler version of the CRO1. I also opted for the 4WS since it doesnt turn a dime w/ 2 wheels.. I mixed it using my 3Pk radio.

I have upgraded to Novak Goat Bl unit 21.5 turns and it has plenty of torque. I did not care to use the stock motor from the get go..

BTW, Where do you get the scale accessories such as beer can, fire extinguesers etc??? Thanks.

Quick Reply