Oct 16, 2011, 11:58 AM
Village Idiot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Pants View Post
I'll see what I can do. Would be much easier to trim my plane out if I can set neutrals in the air.
You just trim like normal when flying. After you land, use the remote to "set neutrals" before you power down the OSD. When ever you make any changes to the OSD setting, you have to go to the bottom of the 4/4 screen and "Save" your changes.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 16, 2011, 12:11 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterInVegas View Post
You just trim like normal when flying. After you land, use the remote to "set neutrals" before you power down the OSD. When ever you make any changes to the OSD setting, you have to go to the bottom of the 4/4 screen and "Save" your changes.
Okay cool! If I only had a f*cking VTX cable then I can jump start and do all this. I hate waiting for monday. Kinda sucks I can't go between screens in flight. As long as I can select RTH and for when I feel lazy FBW and LF
Oct 16, 2011, 12:14 PM
Village Idiot!
Quote:
Okay cool! If I only had a f*cking VTX cable then I can jump start and do all this.
I have an extra one....I can email you a picture if you want..
Oct 16, 2011, 12:22 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
I have an extra one....I can email you a picture if you want..
:P I edited my post lol. It will be here monday just impatient as hell.

I'd like to configure it. But since I'm getting a brandy new DL I'd like to test and confirm that working in the air first. Can't wait for the full RVOSD 5 manual to be released.
Oct 16, 2011, 12:48 PM
Village Idiot!
Quote:
Kinda sucks I can't go between screens in flight. As long as I can select RTH and for when I feel lazy FBW and LF
You CAN go between screens. I can help with that.

Quote:
Can't wait for the full RVOSD 5 manual to be released.
The one that is out now is pretty complete. Any questions can be answered here.
Oct 16, 2011, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Kinda sucks I can't go between screens in flight.

Do what you can to fix this. You are missing out on a lot of stuff if you can't switch screens in flight etc.

I'm using the er9x firmware in the flysky controller and it was a breeze. Well worth the hassle of putting custom firmware on that controller.
Oct 16, 2011, 09:17 PM
Suspended Account
Argh. Can you guys link me to the er9x thread? I'll do it. but not until I'm completely comfortable with it. I don't want to mess with the sticks at all. For now I just want to be able to fly for now without any handicaps. And thanks Scooter! I'll contact you when I'm ready to run through set up for the first time.
Oct 17, 2011, 12:47 PM
Hey people
Soon or later, finally today I joined your team. My RVOSD 5 has just arrived today. After almost 45 days it is with me now.
I will come with my questions soon!?!?
Cheers
Oct 17, 2011, 02:35 PM
Suspended Account
Well I got my VTX cable and I got RVOSD up on the screen. Still no dragonlink though so I need to wait for that puppy to come in
Oct 17, 2011, 02:45 PM
Village Idiot!
Dont let the video TX overheat. Keep a fan near blowing air on it.
Oct 17, 2011, 03:34 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Dont let the video TX overheat. Keep a fan near blowing air on it.
Hoping my ceiling fan will suffice.

edit. I got a spare fan for my pc case ill use
Oct 17, 2011, 03:58 PM
The Flying Circus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firatp View Post
Hey people
Soon or later, finally today I joined your team. My RVOSD 5 has just arrived today. After almost 45 days it is with me now.
I will come with my questions soon!?!?
Cheers
Welcome aboard Firatp,
You made a wise choice. RVOSD will give you hours of enjoyment and a few challenges.
Do you know Melih? He is is Istanbul too, and is a significant contributor to the FPV field.
http://blog.flytron.com/author/admin
Oct 17, 2011, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Argh. Can you guys link me to the er9x thread? I'll do it. but not until I'm completely comfortable with it. I don't want to mess with the sticks at all. For now I just want to be able to fly for now without any handicaps. And thanks Scooter! I'll contact you when I'm ready to run through set up for the first time.

Not for the feint of heart.....

http://code.google.com/p/er9x/
Oct 17, 2011, 04:30 PM
WannaBeLikeJoshTheSlowJet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushmanLA View Post
Not for the feint of heart.....

http://code.google.com/p/er9x/
Easiest way is to get the programmer from this thread https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1338412

its very easy, i bought it and did my 9X, turned the 9X to a top transmitter now !

Worth every penny.
Oct 18, 2011, 04:44 AM

Review About RVOSD 5

Hi all,

Now I'm considering to buy RVOSD 5 (http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php?...roducts_id=135)
But I still need your support to provide me some info as below:

1) This RVOSD have IMU build-in inside?? (My understanding base on the spec, it include. Hope it not like ET or DOSD which is need to buy separately)

2) Some OSD like ET required stabilizer to make RTH. If not it will possible to crash. Did RVOSD required stabilizer too?? From the spec I study, I think it have built-in stabilizer.

3) In order to set waypoint, we need to communicate with computer. And we need this : http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php?...roducts_id=152
And this PICkit also required to keep update the firmware. Is it correct??

Appreciate your support fella!!

Thanks in advance..

Quick Reply