RVOSD - V5 - reports - Page 41 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Sep 02, 2011, 08:42 AM
Registered User
massimo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushmanLA
Yes. You can exchange the normal aileron out for rudder out in your case.
thank you , di you think I would have a good stabilization with a skywalker only with rudder +motor+elev in rth mode ?

I really appreciate your opinion
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 02, 2011, 09:23 AM
Registered User
BushmanLA's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by massimo
thank you , di you think I would have a good stabilization with a skywalker only with rudder +motor+elev in rth mode ?

I really appreciate your opinion


In fly by wire mode you probably will not have as good stabilization with a rudder only setup. Ailerons tend to give you pure roll while rudder will give you roll and yaw mixed. As far as the stabilizer is concerned that yaw component is unwanted and unexpected. My guess is that it will work good enough.

Return to home etc should work just fine though.
Sep 02, 2011, 01:29 PM
Registered User
massimo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushmanLA
In fly by wire mode you probably will not have as good stabilization with a rudder only setup. Ailerons tend to give you pure roll while rudder will give you roll and yaw mixed. As far as the stabilizer is concerned that yaw component is unwanted and unexpected. My guess is that it will work good enough.

Return to home etc should work just fine though.
appreciate! thank you
Sep 03, 2011, 05:12 PM
Registered User
lrrps's Avatar
Help.

I finish the build of my Skywalker and tried to test the RVOSD5.
This is the way I hook up everything.
4S battery connected to Aux batt.
AS battery connected to 3A UBEC, 5V from UBEC to power ESC
Signal cable from ESC goes to Throttle out.

I can get access to all menus with the 3 position switch except main menu.
I got AP menu only while scrolling.

Did I do something wrong?

Pls. help me.
Sep 03, 2011, 05:28 PM
Village Idiot!
ScooterInVegas's Avatar
Flight menu with switch only. Use the remote that came with your OSD to go into the main menu.
Sep 03, 2011, 05:56 PM
Registered User
lrrps's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterInVegas
Flight menu with switch only. Use the remote that came with your OSD to go into the main menu.
Thanks a lot Scoot, i forgot about the remote.
Sep 03, 2011, 05:59 PM
Village Idiot!
ScooterInVegas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrrps
Thanks a lot Scoot, i forgot about the remote.
Homer - D´OH (0 min 2 sec)
Sep 04, 2011, 02:31 AM
Registered User
lrrps's Avatar
Ok, got the main menu working, adjusted the throttle FS correctly (I think so) but motor turns very slowly up to middle throttle, if I increase throttle moteor stops, also if I switch off the TX, RTH doesn't activate.

Any idea?
Sep 04, 2011, 08:18 AM
Have a nice day! Kristjan
kristjane's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark hitchman
Waypoint autopilot is disabled for any unit sent out of the USA. As far as I know RangeVideo will not provide the code to unlock waypoint autopilot unless you live in the states. If this is why you are buying the RVOSD you should get confirmation from Alex or Vova before purchase. You can still navigate with the waypoints manually which is a still a very good option.

Mark
Hmm, I was thinking to buy RVOSD, but this post make me thinking that this is good idea... Why to pay for something, that is not included in package. Also if buying, I will have to pay import taxes (20% WAT, customs fee) I'm living in Slovenia (Europe).
Also is there support for models with V-tail planes. On your page there are only aileron type planes and flying wings supported. I'm working on plane with V tail, flaps and motor controlled.
Best regards,
Kristjan
Sep 04, 2011, 09:25 AM
julius
sigma_fr's Avatar
RVOSD mount + Elektro Junior S

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1191

ju
Sep 04, 2011, 03:09 PM
Village Idiot!
ScooterInVegas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristjane
Hmm, I was thinking to buy RVOSD, but this post make me thinking that this is good idea... Why to pay for something, that is not included in package. Also if buying, I will have to pay import taxes (20% WAT, customs fee) I'm living in Slovenia (Europe).
Also is there support for models with V-tail planes. On your page there are only aileron type planes and flying wings supported. I'm working on plane with V tail, flaps and motor controlled.
Best regards,
Kristjan
Vtail, yes. this should be the same as a 'flying wing' control setup.

I you HAVE to have Way Point in autopilot, just buy an OSD with that feature that is sold from outside the States. Me? I "fly" FPV. I only need/want the RTH function if I lose video or Tx control of the plane. The RVOSD works VERY good. Scott
Sep 05, 2011, 02:07 PM
Registered User
lrrps's Avatar
Did anyone get to test the lost video feature that kicks in the RTH?
I tried that at home but the motor doesn't start up as it should to bring the plane home when I disconnect the power to the VTX.
Sep 05, 2011, 02:18 PM
Registered User
Elcheapo's Avatar
RTH is triggered by RC link lost, not video lost. What you do is to turn off transmitter if video is lost.
Sep 05, 2011, 02:32 PM
Registered User
lrrps's Avatar
Got it Elcheapo, thanks for chiming in.
Sep 05, 2011, 02:55 PM
Registered User
Firatp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterInVegas
Vtail, yes. this should be the same as a 'flying wing' control setup.

I you HAVE to have Way Point in autopilot, just buy an OSD with that feature that is sold from outside the States. Me? I "fly" FPV. I only need/want the RTH function if I lose video or Tx control of the plane. The RVOSD works VERY good. Scott
Does anyone why waypoint function is disable to user from outside of US?
In my country no one cares about it. I have just ordered RVOSD and learned this now. It might be good if it has.
Cheers


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Maiden Reports 12345 Arizona Model Aviators 744 Oct 16, 2015 10:17 PM
Help! RVOSD thermal sensors rcmonster99 FPV Talk 16 Jun 20, 2011 11:21 AM
Discussion Weekend weather reports neck Arizona Model Aviators 13 Jun 10, 2011 05:59 PM
Discussion where are the Joe Nall horror "reports? guy hanson Radios 49 May 18, 2011 01:06 PM
Discussion Finally Fixed the Country Reports daboz Dynamic Soaring 5 May 16, 2011 03:51 AM