Aug 24, 2012, 08:37 PM
anyone knows of any shops in Europe that sells RVOSD?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2012, 09:44 PM
I believe it's only available direct from RangeVideo.
Aug 25, 2012, 05:52 PM
I have some problem with RTH on two different Rvosd. Its the similar problem on both so i guess it something i do wrong.

I tried gain 50-65. And also roll angle 35-65. But it didnt help. Problem is that it doesnt seem to bank enough to go home. Or it just changes direction a bit and continue away.

I made video on both cases.
RVOSD problems (0 min 40 sec)

Please help me out here.
Aug 25, 2012, 06:17 PM
The Flying Circus
How does the plane respond in FBW mode? Have you run the setup wizard? Have you set neutrals?
Aug 26, 2012, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn
How does the plane respond in FBW mode? Have you run the setup wizard? Have you set neutrals?
Flybywire works fine. It flies in a straight line with both planes. Done the wizard many times.
Aug 26, 2012, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn
I dont think i set neutrals. Do you need to do that AND do the rc wizards? I tought you set neutrals in the rc wizard.
Aug 26, 2012, 03:45 AM
RTFM
You need to set neutrals after you trimmed out the plane ... remember to save after , or they will be lost when you disconnect the battery.
Aug 26, 2012, 04:58 AM
The Flying Circus
Exactly. You need to trim the plane to fly straight and level, then when the trims are set, you enter the a/p and "set neutrals". This is the flight control surface positions the a/p will use to fly level. You must save this before you power off. It must be redone any time you make changes to the aircraft that will effect its flight characteristics.
Aug 26, 2012, 06:01 AM
Can i save in in flight menu? But will this make my plane bank more and be able to rth?
Aug 26, 2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by octane81
remember to save after , or they will be lost when you disconnect the battery.
I need to do that even with inflight menu options? I don't recall doing that, and my settings are still there. Time for a test
Aug 26, 2012, 10:45 AM
I did it. But it didnt effect anything. It didnt change. I trimmed it and then did the rc manual.
Still got the same problem tough. Today i turned on the RTH in a 60 angle bank. It just leveled out the plane and contiue moving in that direction. What am i doing wrong then?
Aug 26, 2012, 01:39 PM
It's good to check all settings, proportional etc. To make sure nothing got accidentally changed.
Aug 26, 2012, 01:55 PM
First, you need to understand that the autopilot will try to keep circling above home within the radius set on RTH loiter radius, note that can be set to clock wise(CW) or counter clock wise(CCW). So if you are flying inside this radius the autopilot will effectively try to go out of home. Also even as it is turning slowly, if you leave it as is, it will eventually go back home by doing a very wide turn.

If you still want to increase the autopilot authority, Increase Max roll angle, make sure that if you move the ailerons max to the right the autopilot set this max angle on FBW mode. If not increase the roll proportional gain on slow increments until roll axis start to oscillate and then set it 5-10 units back.
If it does still turns slowly, increase heading proportional gain on slow increments until it does not improve anymore, if you reach this adjust and still need more bank angle then increase heading proportional limit.

Finally... I have explained this few times on the rangevideo forum. If you feel frustrated anytime a quick use of the search function there, will take you out of frustration.
http://rangevideo.com/forum/forum.php
Aug 26, 2012, 05:59 PM
Could you write this all up as an official document and publish at the range video website? Its been asked many times before but its no good having the info buried in a forum.
Aug 26, 2012, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt Double
Could you write this all up as an official document and publish at the range video website? Its been asked many times before but its no good having the info buried in a forum.
Exactly! I'm working on a sort of guide for dummies here are som of Alex's quotes .

Quick Reply