May 01, 2012, 09:20 PM
Mums the word.
It will circle till your out of gas.
to remove ads between posts
May 01, 2012, 09:23 PM
Can that maybe be changed in an update?
May 01, 2012, 09:28 PM
Not sure if Alex would be up to changing this. The idea I guess is that by the time it got back to home you should have radio link again. I let my x8 circle home last week for about 15 minutes to see what it would do. It just maintains the set altitude. It didn't really circle, more like figure 8's, but it was pretty windy.
May 01, 2012, 09:32 PM
Mums the word.
I dout it.

If you lose signal the plane will fly back to you and circle till it runs out of gas. Once out of gas the osd will continue to stablize the plane till it control crashes/lands.

You and manual engage rth and change the autopilot throttle setting while flying.
May 01, 2012, 10:26 PM
Beyond the BlackStump
Setup the RVGS this morning and tested with a walk around, tracked me nicely. It's slightly 'Terminator scary' walking around having the GS track your every move

Name: RVGS.jpg
Views: 262
Size: 161.0 KB
Description: Range Video Ground Station
May 02, 2012, 12:20 AM
Mums the word.
Vertcnc is correct. It will figure 8...
May 02, 2012, 12:22 AM
team n00b - captain

Video blackout with current sensor

I've got issues with video cutting out on my Trex 550e about 20 seconds after plugging in the current sensor ...

Read through the manuals and pretty sure I have everything connected properly - any ideas?

FPV Trex 550 RVOSD5 current sensor blackout (2 min 42 sec)
May 02, 2012, 01:35 AM
Mums the word.
Did you remove the main battery jumper?
May 02, 2012, 01:41 AM
Mums the word.
After watching your video, when you plug the 6s in the 10.87v jumpers to 11.15v. Make sure you address the main battery jumper. Also make sure you plug the aux battery in aux port and the current sensor in the the main port.
May 03, 2012, 01:19 AM
team n00b - captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by man2000me
After watching your video, when you plug the 6s in the 10.87v jumpers to 11.15v. Make sure you address the main battery jumper. Also make sure you plug the aux battery in aux port and the current sensor in the the main port.
main battery jumper - that was it. Thanks bro.
May 03, 2012, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn
You would need to have have SMC soldering skills and tools, or a friend that has. One option would be to leave the connector off the board and solder in some fine leads to a different plug. Then epoxy over the repair. This would take the stress off the connection a bit. Its only $99 for a new board anyway, and good to have a spare in case you stuff up the damaged one.
Frank, there's a 5 pin connector on the same board that's not used, I was thinking to unsolder that connector & resolder it at the GPS location but as said the proper soldering tool is required.
May 03, 2012, 02:31 AM
Mums the word.
I tore my GPS connector off 1 of my boards. I used fine single strand write to fix it and used goop on all my connectors to the osd5 boards to make stronger. I used a new razor to"shave" to the pcb track and solderEd to that.
May 03, 2012, 05:50 AM
Are the rvosd's out of stock?
I order mine on the 27th, haven't heard anything from them.
May 03, 2012, 10:06 PM
Beyond the BlackStump
Hi,

I'm wondering if high vibration would be the cause of Fly by Wire not being smooth? I had a Radian Pro setup up and FBW/RTH worked flawlessly but have now built a Ritewing Zephyr and FBW, whislt it works, is not overly smooth. With no stick input all is good but as soon as I put in an input it almost looks like it is trying to fight it, like the gyro gain is too high?

The vibe display on the debug screen max's out at about 1/3 throttle, I have balanced the prop/motor can as one and as best I could.

I have just received the RV vibration mount and will try that.
May 04, 2012, 02:31 AM
FPV Desert Beta Test Center
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-plater
Hi,

I'm wondering if high vibration would be the cause of Fly by Wire not being smooth? I had a Radian Pro setup up and FBW/RTH worked flawlessly but have now built a Ritewing Zephyr and FBW, whislt it works, is not overly smooth. With no stick input all is good but as soon as I put in an input it almost looks like it is trying to fight it, like the gyro gain is too high?

The vibe display on the debug screen max's out at about 1/3 throttle, I have balanced the prop/motor can as one and as best I could.

I have just received the RV vibration mount and will try that.
Not sure what your complaint is about. You mention FBW not being smooth and trying to fight your control movements which are opposites.
Vibration can mess with the AHI but the affect would be instability not additional stability. In FBW mode the controls will be dampened. You can alter it somewhat with gain adjustments.
If your getting erratic flight in FBW it very well may be due to vibration. Maxing out at 1/3 throttle doesn't sound very good.

Quick Reply