Feb 27, 2012, 04:19 AM
Registered User
yesterday i maidened my plane with RVOSD 5.
at first flight, barometric altitude reading was about -380m (and no, i don't live in Netherlands ). Next, i cycled it (showing both baro and GPS) and it was showing 0 correctly.
Is this correct beahviour?
I remember sometime ago i read about similar issues, but i'm not sure how it's ended.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 27, 2012, 05:11 AM
Registered User
Firatp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GliderLover View Post
yesterday i maidened my plane with RVOSD 5.
at first flight, barometric altitude reading was about -380m (and no, i don't live in Netherlands ). Next, i cycled it (showing both baro and GPS) and it was showing 0 correctly.
Is this correct beahviour?
I remember sometime ago i read about similar issues, but i'm not sure how it's ended.
I would advice you to reset your OSD after 2 minutes it is plugged. Due to temprature change, barometric sensor is drifting. Anyhow, -380 is very strange figure, I see -7,-10 but never -380.

Cheers
Mar 03, 2012, 07:02 AM
Still hackin'
Thermicdude's Avatar

Radar screen zoom


Hi all,

Is there a way to zoom in and out when viewing waypoints in the radar view?
Also, sometimes when I power up the OSD, the AH is very sluggish and it takes a few reboots before it responds normally - any ideas?

Thanks,
V
Mar 03, 2012, 08:41 AM
Registered User
BushmanLA's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermicdude View Post
Hi all,

Is there a way to zoom in and out when viewing waypoints in the radar view?
Also, sometimes when I power up the OSD, the AH is very sluggish and it takes a few reboots before it responds normally - any ideas?

Thanks,
V
This happens when you plug in the wrong battery first, Aux vs Main.

I forget which one is the right one to plug in first, experiment a bit and you will find it.
Mar 03, 2012, 08:47 AM
WannaBeLikeJoshTheSlowJet
bakchos's Avatar
Anyone else thinks RVOSD is officially dead ?

Even if they ever come back in stock, would you buy one with all the non existing support from them ?

I might sell mine and go back to EagleTree
Mar 03, 2012, 08:47 AM
Still hackin'
Thermicdude's Avatar
@BushmanLA Thanks will try different combos... any idea om the zoom in radar screen?
Last edited by Thermicdude; Mar 03, 2012 at 09:06 AM.
Mar 03, 2012, 09:11 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakchos View Post
Anyone else thinks RVOSD is officially dead ?

Even if they ever come back in stock, would you buy one with all the non existing support from them ?

I might sell mine and go back to EagleTree
Agree communications with RangeVideo really sucks. Support for RVOSD5 is pretty good if you don't have a dead component. Alex is pretty fast to answer support questions. I did have a hardware problem with my original board and Vova replaced it within a week. I must say I think they have an outsanding product, that has worked really well for me. I will patiently wait for stock to arrive.
Have you ever dealt with manuf. in china?, very slow and hard to get answers.

I believe most of these businesses that relate to FPV are part-time businesses running on a shoestring. You just can't bet your life on getting something overnite or great support. Just have to be patient I guess.

I thin
Mar 03, 2012, 09:38 AM
Registered User
superevan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakchos View Post
Anyone else thinks RVOSD is officially dead ?

Even if they ever come back in stock, would you buy one with all the non existing support from them ?

I might sell mine and go back to EagleTree
If you go to their Facebook page you can see the latest updates and communication from them. Also check out the Range Video support forum.
Mar 03, 2012, 09:45 AM
Registered User
Firatp's Avatar
I love their product but I don't understand why they always postpone new deliveries and release of new products. I also wait for their antenna tracker.
Making disappointed customers is not something good.
Mar 03, 2012, 11:27 AM
Registered User
BushmanLA's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermicdude View Post
@BushmanLA Thanks will try different combos... any idea om the zoom in radar screen?
No way to zoom as far as I know, it is automatic based on your distance from the next waypoint in the sequence or your distance from home. Something like that.
Mar 03, 2012, 11:28 AM
WannaBeLikeJoshTheSlowJet
bakchos's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by superevan View Post
If you go to their Facebook page you can see the latest updates and communication from them. Also check out the Range Video support forum.
I went there before, i had to sent countless emails and wait and wait for support, me and my brother both got a defective OSD the 1st time, i sold all my EagleTree gear for the RVOSD because i wanted PPM, if it was to do again i would keep the EagleTree OSD.

You wait for emails reply and finally you get 3 - 4 words and not a single answer to your questions.... for me support like EagleTree offers is worth the small price difference.
Mar 03, 2012, 01:27 PM
400' ..... NOT
Martin Y's Avatar
Whats the use of facebook when they have there forum.
Mar 03, 2012, 07:52 PM
Stay airborne my friends
rc-mike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GliderLover View Post
yesterday i maidened my plane with RVOSD 5.
at first flight, barometric altitude reading was about -380m (and no, i don't live in Netherlands ). Next, i cycled it (showing both baro and GPS) and it was showing 0 correctly.
Is this correct beahviour?
I remember sometime ago i read about similar issues, but i'm not sure how it's ended.

A friend and I both had that issue with G4 boards upgraded to G5. We had to cycle them to GPS and then back to barometer and they have worked normally since then.
Mar 04, 2012, 01:42 AM
On a holiday?
boopidoo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firatp View Post
I love their product but I don't understand why they always postpone new deliveries and release of new products. I also wait for their antenna tracker.
Making disappointed customers is not something good.
Making exact predictions is close to impossible. In this regard ET is hardly better and have now stopped giving ETAs because of this. For all that wait and complain about the tracker, when do you think the ET EagleLink will be released?

The RV AT had been finished for quite some time but Vova don't want to release it without a case. A decision I respect.
Mar 13, 2012, 05:09 AM
TBs are GO!....FAB....no..FPV!
Phelec's Avatar
Does the RVOSD5 have the ability to cut the throttle if the plane decends below say..20Metres altitude while in failsafe mode?
If not,...maybe in an upcoming firmware update?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Maiden Reports 12345 Arizona Model Aviators 744 Oct 16, 2015 09:17 PM
Help! RVOSD thermal sensors rcmonster99 FPV Talk 16 Jun 20, 2011 10:21 AM
Discussion Weekend weather reports neck Arizona Model Aviators 13 Jun 10, 2011 04:59 PM
Discussion where are the Joe Nall horror "reports? guy hanson Radios 49 May 18, 2011 12:06 PM
Discussion Finally Fixed the Country Reports daboz Dynamic Soaring 5 May 16, 2011 02:51 AM