Jun 19, 2011, 12:40 AM
S.L.O.P.E.
Thread OP
Build Log

P-39 2012 Fake Fest San Diego Build

Ok, it's that time. Mark your calendars and all you participants in the second Pismo and Howsthewind build party plan on joining us for the 2012 Fake Fest P-39 San Diego kick-off build Party

When: September 10th 2011
Where: Pismo's Place
Time: 10:00 AM
Why: Pickup your Airacobra kit and start building!
Bring?: Bring any of your favorite building tools/materials/tips/tricks/etc and an appetite for lunch. you know like CA, epoxy, 3m77, etc

I will make arrangements with the regular guys for some of the heavier equipment but if anyone would like to offer up anything and we can fit it in the shop or driveway (weather permitting!) contact me or Jim.

We'll have some drinks and have some pizza delivered (more than last time since we did a terrible job at estimating how much we all can pack away).

Jim and I will keep you posted as details develop.

PM- and post if you're going to be able to make it! that way we can order enough Pizza!!

Greg

IE Build Party
when 9/17
where TFLG's House
Time: TBD

Brian's been gracious enough to offer up his place for an IE build party. Bring your own 3m77, epoxy, etc. to the build. plan on sheeting wings etc.

I'll leave it to those going to TFLG's to contact him for address information- ie- I ain't posting it here!

Builder List is now CLOSED!

We will continue to take people on a waitlist, in case any of the builders don't pay or if we end up getting fuses faster than expected

The response has been truly overwhelming! we had over 20 builders sign up in less than 48 hrs! in the immortal words of PISMO- "HOLY CARP" If you are a "build along member of the group (you have your own kit but want to join the cool crowd, PM me and I'll put you on the list.

For those who have not yet paid:

Send Pismo $140 via PayPal for goods and services which covers the $135 kit cost and the PP fees

I know that it has only been a couple of weeks since the Inland Slope Rebels put on the very successful PSS Fest. Jim and I had so much fun, herding cats for the Spitfire build we've decided to do it again.

After watching the last minute flurry of building we knew this next one needed to start soon!

So here it is. We've decided to do a CSD P-39 Airacobra. It has been described as magical (I'm hoping it lands itself!)

The price to join the build is $135. Paypal PISMO the funds and you're in! If you're not local then we'll be adding shipping and handling (box, stuffing etc.) dependant on your location. (if you don't know PISMO's paypal addy PM him)

The "short kit" will be similar to the Spitfire, fiberglass fuse, foam cores, balsa sheeting, basswood leading edge, balsa tail feathers.
whew! anything else you provide! We won't be taking special requests... "I want ply not balsa sheeting etc!"

So act fast, once we order all the wood then the build will be closed.

Pilots List (I've added a "SD" if we have you going to San Diego build and "IE" if going to TFLG's build)
1- Howsthewind (Greg)-2 SD/IE
2- PISMO (Jim)-2 SD/IE
3- TFLG (Brian) IE
4-he4gott (Dale) SD
5- Sumthingsfishy (Dave) SD
6- DC812 (Dan) SD
7- KPeevyhouse (Keith)
8- Matin (Matin) SD
9- Mdine (Marty) SD
10-Joemach1 (Joe)-2 SD
11- Mark Wood (crazy uncle mark)
12- TRISME (Tom) SD
13- Slope Addict (Fabio) SD
14- Kenracer759 (Ken) SD
15- Codemonkey (Dan) SD
16- SrWade (Mike) SKYPE
17- Ridgerogue (Brett) SD
18- Eddie Blodgee (Ed) SD
19-Brian Courtice (Brian)
20- rotozuk (Wayne) SD
21-Codezilla (Adrian) IE
22- Oletimer (Jeff)
23- Chickenfoot (Mark) IE
24- mohr41 (Morri) IE
25-Hamburglar (Jordan)
26-Bazr- (Barry)
27-Nauga (Dave)
28-ImRickJames (Sean)
29- Stevenmurrell (Steve) SD
30- Ian Murdock
31- 1000 MPH (Stu)
32- suirendoujin
33- topazpilot

Build Along-ers
34- ISRDan
35- Sherpa (unconfirmed)
36- willmo (unconfirmed)

wait list
1- Ian Murdock
2- 1000 MPH (Stu)
3- Twinboom (doug)
4- suirendoujin 6/29 Sent PM
5- topazpilot 6/30 Sent PM
Last edited by howsthewind; Aug 30, 2011 at 06:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2011, 12:45 AM
Jim in San Diego

READ ReaD ReAd REad REAd reAD rEaD read! (52:65:61:64:21 H)

PLEASE READ
As in read post #1 and #2 IN FULL and look for updates often. If you say you didn't see something and it was in post #1 or 2 there's a chance Greg and I will publically ridicule you

****** August 13th Update ******

For those on the wait list or main list that will be receiving their kits via post - Greg or I will be contacting you once we're ready to ship your kits. We'll need your address and any shipping/handling via Paypal to me before we ship. Like I say, we'll contact you with the total. If you can arrange a mule service we're willing to try. Just let us know and please don't make it a PITA.

****** August 7th Update ******

Ok, PayPals are IN! Thanks guys. I've either made arrangements or have been paid by everyone (well, still waiting on one last reply) so it's looking like there may only be 2 kits available from the waitlisters. Topazpilot - you'll be hearing from me as soon as I hear from the last person. Stu and Suirendoujin you two are looking good for getting kits. We'll PM to let you know for sure ASAP. Please wait to hear from us.

For those of you that are thinking about not being here for the first get together to pick up a kit and HELP with the parts, Greg and I will think up something and post it here. We really want to have everyone particapate here with us but also understand that's not always possibly and we for sure want all who want to join in to join in.

**** Update - Paying Participants Please READ ****

Our threads tend to fill up with lots of umm... stuff. Yeah stuff, that's it, and lots of great pictures but it's still your job to keep an eye out in these first two posts to stay up to date with the latest info!

That is all (for now),
Jim
Last edited by Pismo; Aug 13, 2011 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Big bold colorful obnoxious fonts for the reading challenged
Jun 19, 2011, 01:09 AM
Just Toss It !!!
Excellent choice......Another ripper!

Matin
is ahead this time......Muahahaaa....
Jun 19, 2011, 01:24 AM
Alphabets make great soup
Very cool! I'll be following the build.

It was so much fun flying the Spits with you guys

Jordan
Jun 19, 2011, 01:33 AM
Dale G......OZD
Quote:
Originally Posted by howsthewind
The "short kit" will be similar to the Spitfire, fiberglass fuse, foam cores, balsa sheeting, basswood leading edge, balsa tail feathers.
You forgot to mention the basswood...er....balsa trailing edges...

Dale
Jun 19, 2011, 03:39 AM
Jim in San Diego
He did forget the balsa ailerons. Those are cut just behind the LE of the aileron and that becomes the Sub-TE...I think. Phew, no basswood STE

Jim
Said like flounder: "goh boy is this great!"
Jun 19, 2011, 04:10 AM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Ok I'll be watching so do we need to do another skype conference call ?
Jun 19, 2011, 06:05 AM
Just Toss It !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve wenban
Ok I'll be watching so do we need to do another skype conference call ?
No Steve, I'm afraid we can't.....Microsoft just bought Skype and we must hate it now......

Matin
Jun 19, 2011, 08:40 AM
Sane til the lift starts!
Hooray! Count me in!

I'll send PayPal in a few days.

-Keith Peevyhouse
Jun 19, 2011, 09:38 AM
characters welcome!
Me too!

mw (known Cobra freak)
Jun 19, 2011, 10:18 AM
Sounds like fun! I will cut wing cores this time if you want some help.
Jun 19, 2011, 10:37 AM
It's not going to build itself
Count me in this time. Probably Slope Addict too.
Tom
Jun 19, 2011, 11:12 AM
Airplane Killer
I was about to add a "count me in". But I see I'm already there.
So please ignore this post
Dave
Jun 19, 2011, 11:12 AM
Dale G......OZD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pismo
He did forget the balsa ailerons. Those are cut just behind the LE of the aileron and that becomes the Sub-TE...I think. Phew, no basswood STE

Jim
Said like flounder: "goh boy is this great!"
OK...now that I know we don't have to use basswood sub-TE, I'm in for sure.

Dale
paid up and searching for color schemes
Jun 19, 2011, 11:14 AM

missed the last build

Not this time Im in, cause it looked so much fun (end result)17 spittys in the air at once Way too cool!
Ill send paypal in 2 wks to pismo? cool?

Quick Reply