Jun 20, 2011, 02:41 AM
Head-tracking FPV Advocate
Beautiful model. Looks fast even while standing still on the ground.
I don't understand why Escale still uses mechanical retracts as most manufacturers have adapted to electric retracts. Is the wing too thin?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 20, 2011, 06:34 PM
It says $189 on the new products page but when I add it to the cart is says $199.
Jun 20, 2011, 07:56 PM
Jer. 29:11
Flyboone, nice plane!

My field has a grass runway, and with planes this size, I hand launch and belly land. If it isn't too much of a travesty, can you recommend a two-blade prop (that would be less likely to break on landing)? Or do you think the five-blade prop is flexible and/or inexpensive enough to just fly with it?
Jun 20, 2011, 08:55 PM
Head-tracking FPV Advocate
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeM
It says $189 on the new products page but when I add it to the cart is says $199.
Use MYFATHERSDAY coupon code for 10% off valid till 6/20 11:59 pm.
Jun 21, 2011, 01:15 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Had some pricing mistakes trying to get it up quickly. Should be fixed now. Price is $189.99. Edit: Just found out that the $189.99 is a week long introductory special and is good through this weekend. Price goes to $199.99 on Monday next week.

Jason
Last edited by RCG_Jason; Jun 21, 2011 at 01:55 PM.
Jun 21, 2011, 03:16 PM
Jer. 29:11
This would be a fun makeover scheme (though it may not actually be a PC-21). From http://blogdonatanael.blogspot.com/2...er-tucano.html
Jun 22, 2011, 11:46 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboone
Had some pricing mistakes trying to get it up quickly. Should be fixed now. Price is $189.99. Edit: Just found out that the $189.99 is a week long introductory special and is good through this weekend. Price goes to $199.99 on Monday next week.

Jason
Well you guys have supplied another "to get", on my pick list. What will the kits/frame onlys be going for and what will they include?
EPS I take it since it needs Cyano foam safe glue.
The retracts from the manual are mechanical? That means two servos for retract. I take it the Freewing etracts are too heavy why they weren't used.
The PZ15094s may be up to this weight range to swap mechanicals for etracts.

Please confirm number of servos used. The manual is light on explaining the retracts or the flaps.

2-Left & Right Ail
1-Elev
1-Rudder
1-Steering
2-Flaps (2 I assume though it could be done with 1)
1-Nose Retract
1-Mains Retract
9 x 9g servos?

The rudder and steering could be changed to a single servo pull pull driving both the rudder and when gear is down the steering too. I started successfully doing this with my Eurofighters.

Flaps seem to have the potential to be driven by one servo since the wings do not have a lot of dihedral. Is there room to fit a single central servo for the flaps?
Jason, my wife is going to kill me for getting this and the next jet coming out in the fall. You guys got to stop building such nice planes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsch
This would be a fun makeover scheme (though it may not actually be a PC-21). From http://blogdonatanael.blogspot.com/2...er-tucano.html
That's an Embraer EMB 314 Super Tucano made from Brazil. I have a EMB312 Tucano which has always been in competition with the Pilatus PC-9 and now 21.

Nice models because they do have a jet feel to them.
Jun 23, 2011, 10:40 PM
So I flew mine for the first time today and it flew pretty well. I used a 4s 2200 mAh and my DX7. The plane took off in only few feet it has a lot of power with the 4s. It handles very good I used a 100% on the elevator and 50% on the aileron (I don’t care for expo so I use duel rates. I will bump up my ailerons to probably 60%. But rolls great loops goods and stalls are predictable. Now a few things I noticed is there are a lot of left turning tendencies, you really feel it during slow flight, so be aware of that when adding in power. Now the plane is pretty fast and vertical is pretty much unlimited, it also sounds really cool. Another thing is you can lose orientation kind of easy but it was kind of low light. Now landing can be a bit tricky because this plane does not want to slow down at all even with the prop stopped it still was hauling a@%. But other than being a long landing it was a nice touch down until my nose wheel came off, no damage it slid to a stop on the strut. I put on a new wheel and it’s ready to go. Next flight ill ring her out a little more. My advice is you need a hard smooth surface for takeoff and landing no grass and plenty of room for landings
Jun 24, 2011, 07:16 AM
Nice, thanks. No flaps hooked up? im sure they would help slow it down some.
Jun 24, 2011, 12:46 PM
Well no flaps I was ready to put her up in the air plus I have a 1000 ft runway to fly off of so landing long is not really a issue with me but I might try it out after a few other people try it
Jun 24, 2011, 03:55 PM
well hopefully I can fly mine by next weekend, will have flaps
Jun 24, 2011, 04:36 PM
I've been waiting for a US dist. for this plane. I ordered it a couple a days ago.

I first caught sight of it on Ready2fly's site. They no longer have it. Here's their vid though.

PC-21 EPO EZFW www.ready2fly.eu (5 min 19 sec)
Last edited by ColoradoHeliNut; Jun 26, 2011 at 05:29 AM.
Jun 25, 2011, 09:29 PM
How are you guys finding the retracts on this plane ,they seem to be very unstable i wonder if there is a way to make them stronger.I had this PC 21 and the retracts just kept folding up when taxing up and down a paved level runway strip.
Jun 26, 2011, 04:06 AM
AU football owns all!
Last edited by Aero Lex; Jun 26, 2011 at 07:05 AM.
Jun 26, 2011, 05:57 AM
If the retracts are folding up its because they are not locking fully. add more servo travel.

Quick Reply