Oct 07, 2012, 08:14 PM

My "new" S/B

Here she is. She did me proud at the lake today as well with a overall third place finish out of six skippers. Not bad for first time on the water. Took a little time to get used to the bang/bang winch , but it was second nature by day's end.

The boat looks a little cleaner in the pics than in person. Lots of chips, scratches, dings under the waterline, so I'm going to sand her down and repaint before taking her out again.

Really happy with this purchase!

Clay
to remove ads between posts
Oct 09, 2012, 01:17 PM
wyldrydes

5 off-season (winter) SBOD dates in GG Park

Here are 5 unsanctioned "pick-up/beer-can" winter sailing dates (SBOD-OSSS) for Bay Area SBs. Lets hope a couple of SBs will turnout braving the winter weather in GG Park, San Francisco.

These off-season SBOD sessions are not official club regattas and there is NO registration, fee, food or prizes.

This is just a heads up about when a couple of SBs will be on the lake during the off-season. Everyone is invited; if only two (2) SBs show up, its a good thing. Of course, more are better. Onward<

SBOD OFF-SEASON SAILING SCHEDULE: 5 SBs so far and looking for 6+
SAT. OCT 27 1-3 (6 races-more depending on number of boats) first race 1pm
SAT. NOV 10 1-3 (overlaps with the swap meet)
SAT. DEC 8 1-3 (membership meeting/Christmas party & SB beer-can race)
SAT JAN 12 1-3
SAT FEB 9 1-3

MARCH: (SFMYC SANCTIONED SBOD REGATTAS BEGIN)

OBJECTIVE Create SBOD (winter) "beer-can" sailing days to work on RRS and rigging for the 2013 AMYA-SFMYC SBOD NATIONALS.

RSVP-no regrets necessary
Jerry Turney, enthusiast without portfolio
Last edited by wyldrydes2; Sep 24, 2015 at 12:15 AM.
Oct 10, 2012, 11:39 PM
So SF guys, excited to do some winter sailing and keep our skills sharp. Lets do some sailing, who is in?? Ryan
Oct 11, 2012, 09:52 AM
wyldrydes

2012 off-season (unofficial) beer-can race1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rssailor
So SF guys, excited to do some winter sailing and keep our skills sharp. Lets do some sailing, who is in?? Ryan
Splash your SB on Spreckels Lake, GG Park, SF for the first 2012 off-season "beer-can" race Saturday, Oct 27th 1-3 (start 1pm sharp)

Count for Saturday (27th) beer-can race1: 4 SBs.
More are more better.
Oct 19, 2012, 07:48 PM
Took my boat out for short tuning session. It sure sails well. Need to figure out optimum position for the swivel on the jib boom. Earlier post said 3.5 to four inches back from the end of the jib boom, thinking maybe try that from where the headstay is on the boom to get the jib boom to swivel out better down wind. Also going to add bungee to the jib topping lift to keep it tensioned. I did add a longer arm to the servo that tensions the backstay, the jury is still out on how much tension to set on the backstay at loose. Will work all of the this out in the next month or two. Ryan
Oct 20, 2012, 02:03 AM
wyldrydes

off-season (informal) SBOD racing

Quote:
Will work all of the this out
Lets put her to the test Saturday, October 27th 1-3!!!

Looks like 4 boats at this point. Bob H. has something else. Maybe we can shake a few more out of the boathouse.

Jt

for your files-
Oct 23, 2012, 10:44 AM
wyldrydes

SBOD OFF-SEASON "BEER-CAN" Racing @ SFMYC

SBOD OFF-SEASON "BEER-CAN" Racing @ SFMYC

Race#1-Saturday, October 27th, 1-3, 6 races-more if there is interest

"Beer-Can" Races are: informal, unofficial, no application, no fee, no food, no prizes and are for any SBOD skippers interested in braving the weather once a month this winter. Come on out-lets sail.

OSBCR1 5 SBOD's committed and looking for 6 7 8 9 10?!

Jerry Turney
enthusiast without portfolio

wyldrydes@me.com

I shot this (off topic) Sunday at the Wheeler One Design (WOD) during the NorCal Race which had ten heats from 1-3 pm ...(big RC sailboat eye-candy)
Last edited by wyldrydes2; Nov 14, 2012 at 08:32 AM. Reason: typo
Oct 23, 2012, 11:08 AM
Pretty cool. Did you take any more pictures? How is your wheeler upgrade going? Ryan
Oct 23, 2012, 07:56 PM
wyldrydes

SBOD & WHEELER ONE DESIGN upgrades

Quote:
How is your wheeler upgrade going? Ryan
SBOD is near completion for this year and will race Saturday. WOD is now in progress. Met principal WOD manufacturers Geoge Riberio and Adrian Olsen plus others who were terrific Sunday.

SBOD 443 will splash Saturday in search of a little more Vmg.

Onward<<<
Oct 24, 2012, 09:24 PM
Who all is coming on Saturday?? Anyone who has a SB is welcome, includes you Lee. Ryan
Oct 24, 2012, 10:22 PM
wyldrydes

naming names

Quote:
Who all is coming on Saturday?? Anyone who has a SB is welcome, includes you Lee. Ryan
R,
Sent names in PM-privacy issues?!

Jt
Oct 26, 2012, 04:10 PM
Guys,
Have fun tomorrow. I had a day in SF a couple weeks ago and fortunately got to take a quick look at Spreckels Lake. Just to let you know, the East Coast contingent is looking forward to the nationals next year. Any idea of the dates yet?

David
Oct 26, 2012, 10:46 PM
I am excited about the "beer can" series. Would love to see some east coast boats out here next year for NAC. Our NAC should be the beginning of September if I had to guess. You should bug Bob H. about that. Ryan
Oct 27, 2012, 01:51 AM
wyldrydes
Quote:
Our NAC should be the beginning of September
Bob H. said the SFMYC SBOD's NAC date will be set when the America's Cup dates are known (probably late Sept 20-27ish +/-)?????
Oct 27, 2012, 09:08 PM
Lots of fun today with five SB boats sailing. Wind was light and the weather was perfect. Can't wait to have some more sailing. Thanks for coming Steven, Jim, Jerry and Bob for a great afternoon of sailing. Ryan

Quick Reply