Sep 11, 2012, 10:58 AM
...design-build-fly-publish...
Quote:
Originally Posted by darook
This is all making me VERY nervous when the time comes to fly my scratchbuilt beaver.
YOU'RE nervous ? !! Only one engine... High wing... What can possibly go wrong ?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2012, 11:24 AM
Slip the surly bonds...
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye4wings
YOU'RE nervous ? !! Only one engine... High wing... What can possibly go wrong ?
Well....

Luke - I'm pretty sure the sin-eater concept does not apply to model aircraft flying, and even if it did, baby seals.
Sep 11, 2012, 01:55 PM
I think I can see the problem with yours Mike... isn't it supposed to land the other way up? - That's what the wheels are for.

At least I am pretty sure no baby seal was within miles of danger... or is there a colony in Christchurch harbour now?
Sep 12, 2012, 03:02 AM
ha ha ha...
Sep 12, 2012, 12:34 PM
Wow... bummer sorry to hear about the crash....
My Platt 109 went in about the same time, only for me it was a faulty switch that turned it self off right after take off.
Sep 12, 2012, 02:18 PM
Thread OP
Nice model, Miklos! I had a faulty switch, too. It was just in my brain!
Sep 12, 2012, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miklos
Wow... bummer sorry to hear about the crash....
My Platt 109 went in about the same time, only for me it was a faulty switch that turned it self off right after take off.
I don't use switches in any of my models for that reason, one less point of failure.

BIW.
Sep 12, 2012, 08:01 PM
Well it's either kittens or baby seals. I figure there are more seals in Siberian Russia, which would be the ones to get it what with Frank's models being, you know, of the "Jerry" persuasion and all...

Are my allowed to say Jerry on RCGroups? I may have just caused a plane to crash right there...
Sep 13, 2012, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeZ
... with Frank's models being, you know, of the "Jerry" persuasion and all...

Are my allowed to say Jerry on RCGroups? I may have just caused a plane to crash right there...
The only plane that would crash from your post Luke, would be one being flown at the time of hearing by one of those wilfully super-sensitive souls who instantly and deliberately assume that the worst of intentions lay behind your words.

I am a 'Pommy' or a 'Tommy' perhaps in the minds of an Australian and a German respectively. And if I was called either it would make not the slightest bit of difference to who I am or what I do... but then I am defiantly non-PC anyway! I'll support freedom of speech any day.

... oh, and - one more vote for no switches! Been there, done it, dug the model out of the ground... Just plug in!
Sep 13, 2012, 09:37 AM
Thread OP
Well, I think we have certainly gone about as far as is useful in this thread. Not much talk about the actual model, which stands to reason as it is long dead. And now, so is the thread. Thanks for all the input in this journey, guys.

Quick Reply