Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:29 PM
Kevin Greene is offline
Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Registered User
Help!

ParkZone P-51 Motor vs ParkZone Sukhoi XP Motor


I'm looking to upgrade the motor in my Champ on floats so that I can get fast ROW...Which motor is more powerful---The Mustang motor or the SU-26XP motor???...Or, are the both the same???

THANKS!!!...

Kevin
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:31 PM
UNGN is offline
Find More Posts by UNGN
Power Wheels Guru
UNGN's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
I'm looking to upgrade the motor in my Champ on floats so that I can get fast ROW...Which motor is more powerful---The Mustang motor or the SU-26XP motor???...Or, are the both the same???

THANKS!!!...

Kevin
Same specs... the mustang wires are longer. Both wires work in a champ, though the XP wire stretch tight and the mustang wires are easier to plug in.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:59 PM
Kevin Greene is offline
Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
Same specs... the mustang wires are longer. Both wires work in a champ, though the XP wire stretch tight and the mustang wires are easier to plug in.
GOTCHA!!...THANKS!!!

Kevin
Old Jun 16, 2011, 05:38 PM
MellowFlyer is offline
Find More Posts by MellowFlyer
Registered User
Somebody correct me if I am wrong; but I do not think the champ RX will be able to handle the higher amp load that the p51 motor will require.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 09:14 PM
flashkick is offline
Find More Posts by flashkick
Flash, AAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhh
flashkick's Avatar
im pretty sure that was only the older cub/vapor bricks. the champ one is based on the ar6400 and has the 2amp esc.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 03:14 AM
Lberry.88 is offline
Find More Posts by Lberry.88
If in doubt, add accelerant
Lberry.88's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by akwardflyer View Post
im pretty sure that was only the older cub/vapor bricks. the champ one is based on the ar6400 and has the 2amp esc.
Correct.

From my experience the difference between P51 and Champ motor is negligible.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 12:49 PM
tripleup05 is offline
Find More Posts by tripleup05
Registered User
tripleup05's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by akwardflyer View Post
im pretty sure that was only the older cub/vapor bricks. the champ one is based on the ar6400 and has the 2amp esc.
I have a UM J-3 cub that I stuck a T-28 motor in. I am the second owner of the cub, and I have no idea how old it is, or which brick is in it. Should I be concerned about burning up the brick? This is the first I have heard of such.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 02:01 PM
UNGN is offline
Find More Posts by UNGN
Power Wheels Guru
UNGN's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleup05 View Post
I have a UM J-3 cub that I stuck a T-28 motor in. I am the second owner of the cub, and I have no idea how old it is, or which brick is in it. Should I be concerned about burning up the brick? This is the first I have heard of such.
You are good.

It's the old Vapor bricks that have a problem with motors over 1 Amp.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 05:19 PM
tripleup05 is offline
Find More Posts by tripleup05
Registered User
tripleup05's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
You are good.

It's the old Vapor bricks that have a problem with motors over 1 Amp.
Fantastic Man do you ever sleep? You have been helping me out left and right!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question PARKZONE Sukhoi Su-26m & Micro P-51 GEARBOX richos Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 9 Apr 20, 2011 03:12 AM
Sold Parkzone Sukhoi XP, Sukhoi Parts, and UM Brushless Kit S.R.G. Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 17 Mar 23, 2011 12:49 PM
Discussion Parkzone P-51 BL or T-28 w/ Motor/ESC Upgrade pvtparts Electric Warbirds 4 Mar 17, 2011 03:01 PM
Found Parkzone UM Sukhoi 26m Motor Trade for UM P-51 Motor microflitedude Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 5 Nov 08, 2010 02:56 AM