Jun 15, 2011, 04:45 AM
Question

Cbr - VSI with altimeter sensor: How to setup?

Hey,
I got the OSD Pro and the altimeter microsensor. I would like to display the sink/climb rate on the OSD. I found 2 options in the OSD configuration menu:
1. Climbrate "CbR"
2. Variometer "Var"
Both mention the seagull wich I donīt have.

I tried CbR in flight, but I got strange values. All units are set to m and km/h.

During hover or in flight I got displayed multiples of 60: f.g. +/- 60, 120 180, 240...

What das this indicate? Is this the climb rate? Whatīs the unit?
Do I have to setup any of the parameters like energycompensation?
Can I indicate rate of climb without seagull, just with the barometric altimeter on the OSD?

I would like to display the sink rate or rate of climb in m/s. Perfect would be an indication with one decimal place like on other OSDīs.

s.th. like 0.0 m/s

Thanks for your help,
Phil
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2011, 05:07 PM
HI Phil, at present, the climbrate is displayed in feet per minute on the OSD, even though you are using metric for other settings. You don't need to configure the total energy, and you don't need to use the "Var" parameter (unless you are using the varying tone audio variometer), as it is essentially the climbrate with total energy compensation factored in.

We will have the units issue resolved with climbrate soon, I hope. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Quick Reply