Jun 13, 2011, 04:42 PM
1855-1921 Naval Fan
Thread OP
Discussion

Ordering from HobbyKing

Is it just me... or do I get the distinct feeling that it would be cheaper to make several small orders from HobbyKing rather than one big order.
I noticed a sharp increase in international postage costs as I add more stuff, but if I broke the big order down into one order for the Motor/ESC, then another for the batteries and the finally one more servos, I save just over 50% shipping!

Anybody else notice this? Or does this phenomenon only apply to people like me who live on the other side of the planet?

Stu

PS. Sorry didn't know where post this, thought that Beginner Electric would have bigger catchment area for HobbyKing
to remove ads between posts
Jun 13, 2011, 05:13 PM
Small boxes fall under the radar nicely. They may be gaining or breaking even. When you get some weight or size going, then rates need to be calculated or you end up losing more often than not.

I recently ordered 4 servos, an esc and Rx. Including shipping, it was $34 and arrived in NY in just about a week. Gotta love that.

Had to solder it all together since the connectors were mismatched and was a bit on my own to figure it all out, but it all works perfectly and binded without an issue.
Jun 14, 2011, 12:45 AM
Never order anything thats back ordered.
Yes, sometimes it is cheaper to order several smaller shipments.
I usually size up the order and re-arange the shipments to see the difference.
Jun 14, 2011, 12:12 PM
Lost but making good time
Stu,

I've found that you get your best deals from HobbyCity when you watch the weight of the order vs the postage. If you break above a weight catagory by just an ounce, you will get hit with the total postage rate to the next weight catagory thus raising your average cost...one of the big reasons for ordering from China. It took me a couple of orders before the lightbulb went on in what's left of my brain.

Regards,

hankg
Jun 15, 2011, 06:23 PM
My order from HK,
5 orange 2.4 GHz receivers, 2 x 2200 ma LiPo
all came well packaged, safe and sound to my mail box.
Great price, and service.

John in Canada

Quick Reply