GW Xieda 9958 - Page 3 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jul 01, 2011, 01:55 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopcat
A new exclusive Club is growing....
Exclusive is a strange word to use for a budget heli...

But if my LHS was offering these for 30 bucks, I would probably pick up "one for the road" as well...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 01, 2011, 02:03 PM
Registered User
I ordered mine on Focalprice 3 days ago and its still states "packing" under status.. Cant wait to get it in the air!
Jul 01, 2011, 02:11 PM
Vienna calling...
Donaldsneffe's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo
I think these are the same ones for $48.61 at Focalprice where they are referred to as Great Wall 9958:

http://www.focalprice.com/YE701R/Gre...pping_Red.html

http://www.focalprice.com/YE701Y/Gre...ng_Yellow.html



Very interesting!

NOTE: These are also being discussed on The Coaxial Forum.
This is unbelievable.
About 32 Euro INCLUDING shipment.
I have ordered one - see, what will happen...

Walter
Jul 01, 2011, 02:13 PM
Vienna calling...
Donaldsneffe's Avatar
BTW:
Since today, July 1st 2011, transmitters ans receivers and other radio stuff is hold back by German (EU???) customs and will be sent back or destroyed, if there is no CE certification.
Curious, if I will still be able to receive this heli... and if Austrian customs also already execute those regulations.

Walter
Jul 01, 2011, 02:19 PM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Frank_fjs's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopcat
perhaps my english isn't good enough....
Your English is perfect. It was my mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe
BTW:
Since today, July 1st 2011, transmitters ans receivers and other radio stuff is hold back by German (EU???) customs and will be sent back or destroyed, if there is no CE certification.
Curious, if I will still be able to receive this heli... and if Austrian customs also already execute those regulations.

Walter
I think you'll be alright.

Geez, it really is a club now. $30 for an MSR clone, who could resist. The race is on now, who will get theirs first!
Jul 01, 2011, 02:46 PM
Registered User
helicopcat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro
Exclusive is a strange word to use for a budget heli...
[...]
Also (expensive) Trex100S owners thought they were members of an exclusive Club...
Jul 01, 2011, 03:09 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopcat
Also (expensive) Trex100S owners thought they were members of an exclusive Club...
For that heli there is an exclusive club, those that have one that flies well... I'm still applying for membership...
Jul 01, 2011, 03:16 PM
Registered User
helicopcat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro
For that heli there is an exclusive club, those that have one that flies well... I'm still applying for membership...
Touché!
Jul 01, 2011, 09:00 PM
Upstanding Member
Kurt's Avatar
did this just skip a 4-ch coax?
Great price - if I didn't just order a solo pro for $45 would snap one up
pics/vids pls!
Jul 02, 2011, 05:05 AM
Vienna calling...
Donaldsneffe's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosol
Wow - hope I will not have troubles with customs with my order from focalprice, because they do not show shipment costs. MyRcMart does - and so the heli price (without shipment) is < 22 € (so no tax has to be paid).
Ordered spares at MyRcMart - quite cheap, maybe some can also be used for the mCP x (main gear).
A pity, they do not have tail motor mountings in stock - would be very useful for mCP x.

Walter
Jul 02, 2011, 05:22 AM
Brosol
Brosol's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe
Wow - hope I will not have troubles with customs with my order from focalprice, because they do not show shipment costs. MyRcMart does - and so the heli price (without shipment) is < 22 € (so no tax has to be paid).
Ordered spares at MyRcMart - quite cheap, maybe some can also be used for the mCP x (main gear).
A pity, they do not have tail motor mountings in stock - would be very useful for mCP x.

Walter
Perhaps MyRCMart will add more parts later as the 9958 becomes popular.
Jul 02, 2011, 05:42 AM
Vienna calling...
Donaldsneffe's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosol
Perhaps MyRCMart will add more parts later as the 9958 becomes popular.
I am curious, if the rx will bind to my Spektrum DX6i tx - dont think so, but this would be a big and very positive surprise.

Walter
Jul 02, 2011, 06:41 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe
I am curious, if the rx will bind to my Spektrum DX6i tx - dont think so, but this would be a big and very positive surprise.

Walter
I seriously doubt it, the NE clone JC002 also has a TX that looks just like the Blade RTF one, but it has no Spektrum compatibility despite the resemblance.

Besides, if it were Spektrum compatible, I am sure it would be listed as feature in the product description, as this would be a major selling point, no doubt.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Casio G-Shock GW-330-9v Solar/Atomic in New Condition DPage Non R/C Items (FS/W) 1 Apr 16, 2011 01:23 PM
GW Extra 330 and Yak Foam Fly by gw-ezone part 2 Martin Hunter 3D Flying 293 Nov 18, 2006 06:27 PM
GW/R6NII & GW/R4PII BEC question TeamTEOR GWS (Grand Wing Servo) 6 Aug 22, 2005 07:05 PM
whats the different between GW/HFD3 and GW/HFD4 giannidsg GWS (Grand Wing Servo) 2 Aug 09, 2004 10:30 PM
New receivers GW/R-4PII and GW/R-6NII sheerLuck Radios 0 Oct 22, 2003 06:06 PM