This thread is privately moderated by master g, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 11, 2011, 09:55 PM
Trader Rating: 2
Loves Learning
Thread OP
Sold

Electric Seawind Amphibian -fiberglass hull

The photos are low-quality, I know, but I made some videos to show the Seawind (including one of the motor running). Link to videos: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...9#post18173411
To tell the truth, it is really dirty right now because of all the dust that has settled on it. It can be cleaned, but I have not made time for that.
The plane has never flown because it is much too advanced for me. About three years ago when I was in 8th grade I bought the Seawind. It was a big mistake because I have nowhere to fly an amphibian. I didn't like gas so I converted it. It has a large 50-55 580 kV brushless motor with an 80A ESC and a 13*8 wooden electric prop. It's never been flown because it is a complex plane and I have not devoted sufficient time to learn to fly it. It has been in my room, approx. 78 degrees F, for almost 2 years. All it needs is some love and time, a receiver and a transmitter (all batteries/servos/wires are included and set up). It used to be fully equipped with a radio also, but now I use that radio for another, smaller plane.
Notes: The cowl-It had to be cut back when the plane had a glow engine. The glow engine was a super Tigre .61 and barely fit, so I made an excessively huge opening in the cowl.
The streaks are CA glue. They can be removed with CA-removing solvents, and thus the plane can be made prettier. They do not negatively impact it.

I am including:

* 80 amp Brushless ESC, paid $72
* Original Seawind fuel tank in case you convert to nitro
* Fiberglass cover that came with plane to seal off
front lnading gear well
* Turnigy Aerodrive SK 50-55-580, paid $40
* 4000 mAh, 6s lipo, balanced, paid $49
* Volatge checher for 6s lipo, +/- 0.01 V, Paid $13
* 13*8 Sealed Wood Prop, paid $4
* 600 mAh receiver battery, came with radio system (radio not included, worth about $17)
* 2 Hobbico high-speed U-servos for elevator and rudder, paid $30 each
* 4 standard Hitec servos, paid $10 each
* Wires/ gold-plated plugs, paid $4
* All manuals
* Multi-strand 12-gauge wire for motor (already connected), paid $3.50
* Pre-built lipo holder balsa box for the extra-large lipo-made it
* Aluminum spinner-came with motor, (will also include orig. Seawind aluminum spinner for three-bladed props)

I am also including some extra parts for free.
If anyone has questions about some of the individual components listed above, I can send some specifics, such as where I bought them and what model/brand they are.

As for the price, I don't want to lose out big time, but I have to part with it. I know the shipping will be $96.82 (USPS), and that's the lowest price I have found. The actual plane cost me $308.96 at Tower Hobbies, who no longer carries it. I am willing to take $290 if picked up or $290 plus shipping.
Last edited by master g; Jun 26, 2011 at 05:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 11, 2011, 11:33 PM
Trader Rating: 218
Picked up from where?
Jun 12, 2011, 01:08 AM
Loves Learning
Thread OP
My bad, I forgot to specify!
Picked up from McAllen, Texas, 78501.
Jun 12, 2011, 01:09 AM
Loves Learning
Thread OP

The ESC works great and so does the battery

I tried them both today just to hear the sound again. The only problem is a loose bullet connector that slips a bit inside the plastic. I will correct that, unless whoever buys the plane corrects it.
Jun 13, 2011, 07:08 AM
Trader Rating: 15
Will you take $150.00 plus shipping?
Jun 13, 2011, 02:42 PM
Loves Learning
Thread OP
Geez, I can't go that low...
Jun 22, 2011, 06:55 PM
Loves Learning
Thread OP

Sale Pending

Now negotiating a sale with someone who Sent a PM.

Quick Reply