Jun 11, 2011, 08:26 PM
Mike M.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FD Pilot
Why are you not doing an app for the iPhone?
Because Apple sucks...
to remove ads between posts
Jun 11, 2011, 09:04 PM
Besides, it's an entirely different set of APIs and I think you have to pay a fee to get licensed to list apps in Apple's App Store.

~Dan
Jun 11, 2011, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by like.2.fly
Because Apple sucks...
Oh, you're one of those

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak2k
Besides, it's an entirely different set of APIs and I think you have to pay a fee to get licensed to list apps in Apple's App Store.

~Dan
Don't know about you but I've found you don't get something for nothing and you shouldn't expect to
Last edited by FD Pilot; Jun 11, 2011 at 09:22 PM.
Jun 11, 2011, 09:21 PM
Mike M.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FD Pilot
Oh, you're one of those
See post #17. That's one reason. Open architecture rules, proprietary sucks. IMHO

Now back to the discussion on this fantastic new DROID app!
Jun 11, 2011, 10:00 PM
Space Cowboy
Well lets not make it about who is better. Programming for both platforms has its issues. There are fee's associated with both platforms.
You can't argue with success on one of the phones parts
Jun 11, 2011, 10:21 PM
are we there yet?
Quote:
See post #17. That's one reason. Open architecture rules, proprietary sucks. IMHO
I like them both, I have had both and my wife still has a droid. There are benifits to both.

Quote:
Now back to the discussion on this fantastic new DROID app!
x2
Jun 11, 2011, 10:58 PM
hot air rises...
What does it cost to get an Apple developers license? Maybe you could sell the iPhone version. I'd buy it. I'd also jailbreak my phone.
Jun 11, 2011, 11:00 PM
I agree with Finch, I am sure most of us will be willing to pay for the program to cover the developers license, and hopefully you end up making a little bit extra for all the work you put into it.
Jun 11, 2011, 11:38 PM
Full disclosure, not sponsored
If A.D. charged $30.00 a piece and sold a 100 apps, he'd be loosing $. He has spent ALOT of time getting this thing right!!!! Trust me, he can make good money doing other things and if he figured in what he makes when not making a killer app, like everything else he does, he does it because he loves RC and DLG, and he loves even more seeing other people love DLG!

Way to go AD. Add this to the list of cool things worth more than money that you contribute locally, and nor all around the world!!!!!

You DA MAN!!!!
Jun 12, 2011, 12:48 AM
Space Cowboy
My wife's work uses android so i'll just use that phone Best of both worlds
Jun 12, 2011, 12:53 AM
Jeremy D Stott
Great job Adrian! That's a lot of work!
Jun 12, 2011, 01:46 AM
Jim C
I downloaded it today to take a look. It looks like it is going to be a big help for targeted practice.

One kudo I will give right off the bat. When you exit the program, the "always on" screen goes back to my settings. Other apps require resetting or a restart.

Well thought out.

Thank you.
Jun 12, 2011, 04:44 AM
There´s already a timer-app for iPhone.

RC-Timer Lite (free app) and RC-Timer Pro by Leon Wubbe.

I´ve been using the Pro-version for a while now, and it works great.

http://www.leonwubbe.nl/
Jun 12, 2011, 11:21 AM
yes, but that one doesn't read out loud, and doesn't have all those cool features like starting the clock when you throw it :O great app as well, but this one rocks!!
Jun 12, 2011, 11:36 AM
A different attitude to RC
Thread OP
Thank you for all the encouraging comments!

A friend has just lent me a mac. Lets see what I can do with it...

Quick Reply