Oct 12, 2020, 06:32 PM
Dark Side of the Red Merle
Thread OP
Congratulations to all of you! We had a five person contest too and I have to tell you it was very well worth it as we all had a wonderful time. It's nice to have a lot of folks but even small can be fun.

Congratulations to Carl for winning but look at Bob Blumer who had the best flight times for the day! I've heard it's a young man's world but that not always true!

Great group of folks and great place to fly if you ever get a chance I'd definitely make a trip to Columbus, MT and fly with the Billings Flying Mustangs!

All the best
Curtis
to remove ads between posts
Oct 25, 2020, 11:07 AM
Thread OP
Halloween is our season ender contest.
I'd be happy to score the contest.
Well, I guess we need mother nature to take away what she deposited yesterday.
Also was thinking perhaps we should have a later start than normal. Thoughts about that from the folks planning to attend?
Thermals can be really nice this time of year.
Pre-registering would be helpful.

Thanks
Curtis
Oct 27, 2020, 09:16 AM
Just send the Snow to CA. We need a lot of it!
Oct 29, 2020, 07:52 AM
Thread OP
Well folks are probably wondering about the contest this weekend, well perhaps not.

So I've been watching the forecast as others have and I'm certain Sunday is the better of the two days. Also, we may need the extra day to get rid of the snow and have it dry up a bit. We had a pretty good melt yesterday and I can see a bit of grass in the yard but far from being flyable.

My suggestion is to see if folks would prefer to move it to 10am Sunday and I can drive out to Wayne's on Saturday for an inspection and make the final call Saturday afternoon.

Thoughts?

Who is planning on attending? A Yes or No would be very helpful.

Thanks
Curtis
Oct 30, 2020, 03:41 PM
Thread OP
Well looks like weather and other factors that the contest is cancelled and that's it for the Season!

Look forward to next year.
Keep in touch with those winter projects.

Curtis
Nov 09, 2020, 01:36 PM

Speaking of next year.....

We in Billings are already planning our contests for next year. Plans are to continue the tradition of flying the contests at Scott Edwards field, just west of Columbus. It is such a nice place to fly sailplanes! We are tentatively scheduling the following dates for soaring contests:

April 10
May 8
June 12
July 10
August 14
September 11
October 9

Hopefully you can all join us for some fun on at least one occasion.

Quick Reply