May 29, 2012, 11:48 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Qrome's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecevans View Post
Very. They fit snug enough fo a friction fit but i use nylon thumb screws on each end.
I ordered some today. Thanks for the link!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 02, 2012, 03:28 AM
Design > Build > Fly
Qrome's Avatar
Here is my fpv flight from yesterday. The Tricopter just feels so good in fpv.

BlueSkyRC Tricopter FPV Tree Surfing (2 min 37 sec)
Jun 02, 2012, 06:20 AM
Dawg, Junkyard, 1 ea.
Terrier's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrome View Post
I ordered some today. Thanks for the link!
Nothin' like a great tip.... Thanks, mecevans!

I ordered some, too, along with some 5/16 dowels to use with some (round inside) CF arms I want to try. Got some other CF arms with square insides coming with which I can use the 5/16 square basswood I got from Amazon. Also wanted to try some plain ol' woody arms, so the MagnumWood 10mm x 10mm sticks oughta be just the ticket.

I wonder if mahogany will be to heavy? Sure would be purdy, tho...
Jun 02, 2012, 08:39 AM
Design > Build > Fly
Qrome's Avatar
Yeah, I got my bass and poplar sticks yesterday and wow, they look fantastic. Super straight and clean. I think using wood might be a good solution. It is cheap and easy to replace on the frame. It could also save motor mounts.
Jun 02, 2012, 09:23 AM
Dawg, Junkyard, 1 ea.
Terrier's Avatar
No offense to you, David, but I have plans to put together a cheapie Tri to use for slam-bang learning to improve my flying. Prolly be an "RCExplorer Tri V2.5" with shorter arms and maybe a cheap KK on it. Something I can "excavate" with and not be too concerned about the price of fixing it... These new arms will fit right into that plan. Glad to hear they're as good as they are.

The only grass around here is a patch I grew right outside my quarters that's a triangle about 4' wide by 2' deep... Watered twice a day, it's hanging on... Don't know how it'll survive the heat when it starts getting to be 120-130 around here. So, it's hard hard dirt, gravel and cement for those "hard landings".

There's a song about Kandahar that says it's the Devil's back yard, and the Gates of Hell ain't far....
Jun 02, 2012, 09:36 AM
Design > Build > Fly
Qrome's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrier View Post
No offense to you, David, but I have plans to put together a cheapie Tri to use for slam-bang learning to improve my flying. Prolly be an "RCExplorer Tri V2.5" with shorter arms and maybe a cheap KK on it. Something I can "excavate" with and not be too concerned about the price of fixing it...
Hey, no problem... Sounds good. If you go that route, you will really love the MultiWii Tricopter when you get there.
Jun 02, 2012, 10:18 AM
Clowns have more fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrome View Post
Yeah, I got my bass and poplar sticks yesterday and wow, they look fantastic. Super straight and clean. I think using wood might be a good solution. It is cheap and easy to replace on the frame. It could also save motor mounts.
Ditto on the "Super straight and clean". I received my poplar sticks Super quick and they are straight as an arrow. I'm done with the aluminum arms with wood filler. I just bend them and that's not good. At least with wood it's either straight or broken, not slightly bent. Great recomendation!
Jun 03, 2012, 09:15 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
carguy1994ca's Avatar
Here is my last tricopter video. Posted this also in video tread.

More tricopter fun (3 min 44 sec)
Jun 03, 2012, 11:33 AM
Design > Build > Fly
Qrome's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Here is my last tricopter video. Posted this also in video tread.

https://vimeo.com/43326002
Nice video Carguy!
Jun 05, 2012, 01:27 AM
Registered User
mecevans's Avatar
Night flight is so fun!

Jun 05, 2012, 07:19 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
carguy1994ca's Avatar
That looks cool ! Video ?
Jun 10, 2012, 10:23 PM
Registered User
im starting to read the whole thread now and really enjoying tricopters from you guys. its really great.

i have 1 question.

hi Qrome. is this a right pair?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrome View Post
motor rated at 14.5A max current, paired with 10A ESC?
Jun 10, 2012, 11:22 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Qrome's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by villTech View Post
im starting to read the whole thread now and really enjoying tricopters from you guys. its really great.

i have 1 question.

hi Qrome. is this a right pair?

motor rated at 14.5A max current, paired with 10A ESC?
Yes, thos work totally fine together -- I think it hovers at 14A -- devide that by 3 and each one is pulling about 5A.

That setup is my first Tricotper -- I still have it and flew it again this last week. My second Tricopter is using the Suppo 2212 1200kv motors and the HW 25A ESC -- both of these are listed as recommended on the Tricopter product page. Especially if you plan to do FPV with it.

http://www.blueskyrc.com/index.php?m...products_id=16
Jun 10, 2012, 11:46 PM
Registered User
thank you for that kind reply Qrome. and thanks for the link.
Jun 11, 2012, 10:54 PM
Registered User
mecevans's Avatar
Ufo (2 min 56 sec)


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion 12-15 min fpv tricopter or y6 flights possible? imdone Multirotor Drone Talk 9 Dec 28, 2013 07:20 PM
Discussion carbonfiber for fpv tricopter? imdone FPV Talk 2 May 09, 2011 01:00 AM
Cool Amazing Tricopter-FPV Video arch001 FPV Talk 3 Apr 27, 2011 04:42 PM
Discussion Latest FPV Tricopter with video *Just added crash video Sl0flyer Multirotor Drone Talk 4 Mar 14, 2011 09:27 AM