Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Jun 10, 2011, 02:10 AM
ZEROSKIN76 is offline
Find More Posts by ZEROSKIN76
kill your idols
ZEROSKIN76's Avatar
Alert

paypal hacked!!!!!


ok so far in last 3 days i have spoken to 11 people who have had payments hacked on pay pal and various pay pal powered checkout like target hobby and hextronics

ive lost 195 to a mishap with target hobby checkout, which has already been closed in scammers favor through paypal due to them hacking payment as a gift .... ill be fighting loosing battle with them protect yourself and use only manual paypal payment till they fix this issue



please not this is on the cusp of the internet security bill being attempted to pass
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2011, 11:36 AM
desertdweller is offline
Find More Posts by desertdweller
LOOK MOM! TEN THUMBS!
desertdweller's Avatar
Damn! Id heard that TargetHobbies was having some problem...... But I guess the hack was on the Paypal side? That sucks.

Now what do I do for my buying fix!
Old Jun 10, 2011, 11:55 AM
ZEROSKIN76 is offline
Find More Posts by ZEROSKIN76
kill your idols
ZEROSKIN76's Avatar
it should not be an issue unless you use atomated checkout that redirects to paypal

ask your favorite vendors to give you a manual payment address for the sale
Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:01 PM
JimG_AZ is offline
Find More Posts by JimG_AZ
Registered User
I doubt Paypal was hacked. It is way more likely that the websites or the SQL database behind the websites got hacked. If the websites are not secure, a hacker can use SQL injection to potentially read and write data through edit fields on the websites. Some hacker probably changed the Paypal account that the payment went to. Now the real question is what exactly did the hackers do.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:05 PM
ZEROSKIN76 is offline
Find More Posts by ZEROSKIN76
kill your idols
ZEROSKIN76's Avatar
they ported payments away from the checkouts onto one particular paypal account out of brazil and a few in the us(the us seems to be just red herrings


i was attacked on a 128 byte secured checkout
Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:05 PM
JimG_AZ is offline
Find More Posts by JimG_AZ
Registered User
For HobbyKing, who does Paypal claim the pyment was sent to. From my past receipts, the payments went to accounts@UNITEDHOBBIES.COM

Jim
Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:12 PM
ZEROSKIN76 is offline
Find More Posts by ZEROSKIN76
kill your idols
ZEROSKIN76's Avatar
hobby king appears to use a few difrent accounts
one is one hobbies, and then the one that comes up under hextronics

the three i spoke with that had issues with pp using hk were hacked by same guy that hit good egg and target hobbies

garrisonelvis@yahoo.com
Last edited by ZEROSKIN76; Jun 10, 2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 05:19 PM
rc-dude is offline
Find More Posts by rc-dude
mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROSKIN76 View Post
hobby king appears to use a few difrent accounts
one is one hobbies, and then the one that comes up under hextronics

the three i spoke with that had issues with pp using hk were hacked by same guy that hit good egg and target hobbies

garrisonelvis@yahoo.com
i just ordered a few batterys from hoobyking with paypal

i have a tracking number from hobby king
did hobby king get the money or a hacker???????
Old Jun 10, 2011, 05:52 PM
Viper82 is offline
Find More Posts by Viper82
Registered User
Probably the hacker, Hoobyking will just send you a empty box....



Sorry about your troubles Zeroskin,
What is paypal saying?
Old Jun 10, 2011, 06:00 PM
ZEROSKIN76 is offline
Find More Posts by ZEROSKIN76
kill your idols
ZEROSKIN76's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-dude View Post
i just ordered a few batterys from hoobyking with paypal

i have a tracking number from hobby king
did hobby king get the money or a hacker???????

checjk account to see if order was paid for and is now reserved
Old Jun 10, 2011, 06:04 PM
ZEROSKIN76 is offline
Find More Posts by ZEROSKIN76
kill your idols
ZEROSKIN76's Avatar
the main (large payments were hacked as gifts )

my payment was a large one and paypal is holdin in account but needs more info before they will refund


i lost the battle for unathorized payment now im using item not recieved
Old Jun 10, 2011, 06:20 PM
Stewby is offline
Find More Posts by Stewby
Registered User
Stewby's Avatar

paypal


They got me awhile back and i am sure it was while i was paying for something on ebay and when it does that auto transfer over to paypal site. Microsft xbox live charges started poping up on my debit so i closed it then it went to my credit card. Thats how I know it was paypal because thats the only way they could have gotten both cards. So if they hacked your paypal expect fraudulent charges on any cards on file.

Change pass word and order new cards ASAP.......
Old Jun 10, 2011, 06:23 PM
ZEROSKIN76 is offline
Find More Posts by ZEROSKIN76
kill your idols
ZEROSKIN76's Avatar
mine is conected to a buisness account... or at least was till other night i took it off [paypal(ill be unverified for a few days guys!) and changed account info at my credit union today

ill most worried about my pp though as it is where all my sales go through(maybe one percent is money order but thats nothing)

if i cant feel safe with paypal i dont expect my buyers to feel safe either



Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewby View Post
They got me awhile back and i am sure it was while i was paying for something on ebay and when it does that auto transfer over to paypal site. Microsft xbox live charges started poping up on my debit so i closed it then it went to my credit card. Thats how I know it was paypal because thats the only way they could have gotten both cards. So if they hacked your paypal expect fraudulent charges on any cards on file.

Change pass word and order new cards ASAP.......
Old Jun 10, 2011, 06:52 PM
p51p51 is offline
Find More Posts by p51p51
Registered User

Now I know it's true


Just got off the phone with PP. The guy said they have not been hacked and they have not any such reports of being hacked. He spoke as if he was reading it from a book. Showed no interest in any info that could lead to a possible investigation...just "we have not been hacked sir". I'm not going to use it for a while, already changed passwords.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 07:40 PM
ZEROSKIN76 is offline
Find More Posts by ZEROSKIN76
kill your idols
ZEROSKIN76's Avatar
i love that stuff... no sir there was no breach of security here must have been a attack on the stores servers

i got same speil
did you get the, we will try our best to assist you but it appears that this is a normal transaction!




Quote:
Originally Posted by p51p51 View Post
Just got off the phone with PP. The guy said they have not been hacked and they have not any such reports of being hacked. He spoke as if he was reading it from a book. Showed no interest in any info that could lead to a possible investigation...just "we have not been hacked sir". I'm not going to use it for a while, already changed passwords.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion I have a A123 hacked Astro 109 charger that faults Ghia Batteries and Chargers 1 Apr 08, 2011 09:56 AM
Discussion Who is worse Hobbyking or Paypal? porcia83 Vendor Talk 2 Mar 20, 2011 07:29 PM
Wanted wtb parts list for trex500 have paypal ready SkyHigh3d Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Mar 08, 2011 12:17 AM
Alert My paypal account was hacked! And I'm richer for it. FrankW Chit Chat 10 Oct 25, 2010 07:52 PM