Dec 22, 2011, 07:25 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Quote:
Originally Posted by decones
Yuri,

mine was the yellow, black, pink, red, blue one
the only piece that remains was the stab, send me the whole plane...
No problem.
Here she is.
Send me PM when You get her
Yuri,busy at work
to remove ads between posts
Dec 22, 2011, 09:26 PM
The flash really doesn't make the carbon look nice, but in person the finish is VERY nice! I would say the overall fit and finish of the model is an easy 9/10, definitely the same league (if not slightly better) than the likes of my Baudis models, backfire, racketenwurm, surprise, etc. They all have their imperfections but nearly perfect!

I guess I need to get my surprise and backfire off my work bench so I can get started on this one . 2012 should be an epic year! Thanks again Yuri for your excellent model!

edit-
Mine is double carbon and has an airframe weight of 438g for those that are counting!
Dec 22, 2011, 11:03 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Wow! It was fast delivery.
Thanx for the pictures.
Yuri.
Dec 23, 2011, 12:01 AM
I actually missed the delivery yesterday (yes, I was quite pissed!). I will post more pictures once I have some sun and time to work on it, the flash really kills the finish!

I'm very happy the design of the model, lots of room for cells (for it's size) and a long nose (for big props). Excellent!
Dec 23, 2011, 12:07 AM
Sure it'll work
Quote:
Originally Posted by combatflier

I'm very happy the design of the model, lots of room for cells (for it's size) and a long nose (for big props). Excellent!
If you think it looks nice....just wait until you fly it
Dec 23, 2011, 05:40 AM
"The Judge"
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel lö
well, I am wondering how many lives my Xplane have. My first caschlanding caused more damage than I could see.

On the last low pass over the flyingfeld my elevator "exploded". This resulted in a something that looked like a snap roll. I hade just enough up throw that i could do a very wide right turn and do a fairly nice landing under the situation.

Yuri what do a new elevatot cost? I could fix it my self but I can never have the thrust in that to go for 5s lipo.

Daniel, why did this happened ?? was it something you done before or was it bad construction ?

Maybee its best seeling LE of the stab also ?
Dec 23, 2011, 06:41 AM
DroneWorlds - TEAM NEW ZEALAND
Thread OP
^
Quote:
My first caschlanding caused more damage than I could see.
Hurry up and build/fly yours Sebbe

There is nothing to worry about
Dec 23, 2011, 08:19 AM
No sebbe it think my first landing caused a smal crack in the LE that i couldn't see. But I gave it a good twist too check it but apparently i missed this

This is the first x plane this have happened to so I woulden't worry about it.
But if you hade some "hard" landings I would check it carfully.

Wow, it's boring to have a 5s lipo just waiting to have a go in the xplane. But it's winter here in sweden so i will have to wait about 3-4 mounths before any more out door flying
Dec 23, 2011, 08:34 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
7C and all the snow is gone! Not gonna be a white X-mas around here, but just maybe I can get to re-maiden my X during the holidays.
Dec 23, 2011, 09:09 AM
"The Judge"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister
^

Hurry up and build/fly yours Sebbe

There is nothing to worry about
Hehe, you know me, just asking and building slow,,, maybee next year...
Dec 23, 2011, 10:10 AM
MAYBE next year???
Dec 23, 2011, 11:12 AM
That horizontal stabilizer failure was not caused by "bad building" as asked about in an earlier post, if anything I would say it was over built. If I had to guess which is all I could do I would say that the leading edge got split and was not noticed then at speed it opened up and the air ripped it open like a balloon. I have seen that before. If you look, it was the wood that failed not any of the glue joints.

I think Yuri builds nice airplanes and doesn't charge nearly enough for them as most builders don't. They just want other people to actually FLY their stuff and enjoy it.

I think from all that I have read about the X is that people that have FLOWN them all look like

DE
Dec 23, 2011, 11:36 AM
DroneWorlds - TEAM NEW ZEALAND
Thread OP
My stab split exactly the same way, after I pile drove it into the earth

Didnt try fly it afterwards though

Merry X-mas from NZ (where its summer!)
Dec 23, 2011, 12:18 PM
Better check on my stab before flying again and maybe put some Kapton tape along the stab LE to be sure...
The stab seems ok to the eye but God knows the previous landing was a bit on the rough side
Dec 23, 2011, 03:20 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Hey guys,that is what I am using on LE and not checking my plane after hard landings.
Cost nothing and weights nothing.
Pull tape SLIGHTLY while applying,it will nicely curve around LE.
Happy Holidays.
Yuri.

Quick Reply