Dec 26, 2019, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubcapsteve
Plus side
if you can get 6s in there itll be moving 5s is still fast
Down side
I hate that prop....no acceleration at all but super fast.....for sport flying its a dud....now if your flying pylons thats what it was engineered for
16x17s still my favorite for X
On 5s its a gas especially whith the newer batteries
I flew that setup with a 1550 6s and the first few pulls were out of this world.....then the pack suffered greatly
Merry Christmas
Thanks!

I was running the same Motor/Gearbox, but with 4S and the 10x23
Switching to 5S and a 9x21.5
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2019, 05:21 PM
Pompano Hills Flyers
Well I'm about done with this little beauty. Need some minor things to complete her. Securing the battery is one. I need a wider spinner to make the nose flush with the fuse. I also saw that some of you have your props resting against your fuse. My prop shoulders are hitting the edge of the fuse. Probably a new spinner will remedy that.
Gotta cg it. So where is the cg line? I'm going with a 2 cell to keep her lite. Any and all comments are appreciated.

DJ
Dec 29, 2019, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous James
Well I'm about done with this little beauty. Need some minor things to complete her. Securing the battery is one. I need a wider spinner to make the nose flush with the fuse. I also saw that some of you have your props resting against your fuse. My prop shoulders are hitting the edge of the fuse. Probably a new spinner will remedy that.
Gotta cg it. So where is the cg line? I'm going with a 2 cell to keep her lite. Any and all comments are appreciated.

DJ
Best CG is around 53mm back from the leading edge of the wing.

As for the prop/spinner, a 30mm to 32mm spinner is the range to be in, depending on variables like motor mounts.
What diameter is your spinner?

I would be more concerned with your picture showing what appears the tips of the prop touching the wing.
Pretty sure they will eventually hit.
Can't imagine that will go well.

As far as the shoulders hitting, yes the diameter of the spinner and therefore the prop pivot affect this.
Also the prop shape.

For securing the battery, one common practice is to use a battery that is tall enough that it just clears the underside of the wing.
So then to secure it, you tape over the top of it onto the sides of fuse.
Dec 29, 2019, 05:56 PM
Pompano Hills Flyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by catmanrc
Best CG is around 53mm back from the leading edge of the wing.

As for the prop/spinner, a 30mm to 32mm spinner is the range to be in, depending on variables like motor mounts.
What diameter is your spinner?

I would be more concerned with your picture showing what appears the tips of the prop touching the wing.
Pretty sure they will eventually hit.
Can't imagine that will go well.

As far as the shoulders hitting, yes the diameter of the spinner and therefore the prop pivot affect this.
Also the prop shape.

For securing the battery, one common practice is to use a battery that is tall enough that it just clears the underside of the wing.
So then to secure it, you tape over the top of it onto the sides of fuse.
Yeah that pic of the tip of the prop was before I went with a smaller prop. There's about 5mm space between the prop and the wing. Thank you for the input.

DJ
Dec 29, 2019, 09:20 PM
#who gives a rats a**?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous James
Yeah that pic of the tip of the prop was before I went with a smaller prop. There's about 5mm space between the prop and the wing. Thank you for the input.

DJ
Not sure what motor setup you went with, someone had a Graupner prop break a blade and I wouldn't trust the Aeronaught at high power levels/ high rpm either so be careful with those prop options

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=4202
Dec 30, 2019, 02:13 PM
Pompano Hills Flyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by feefo
Not sure what motor setup you went with, someone had a Graupner prop break a blade and I wouldn't trust the Aeronaught at high power levels/ high rpm either so be careful with those prop options

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=4202
I'm using a HiMax 2835 inrunner. I've always used Graupner or Aero naught with no issues. I'm using an 80 amp and only clocked in at 30-32 amps

DJ
Jan 05, 2020, 10:49 AM
Pompano Hills Flyers
Yuri are you going to the 6 pack this year in Richland?

DJ
Jan 05, 2020, 10:59 AM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
Graupner and aeronaut props are fine for low power setups IMO .. Anything over 3000 watts should use stronger
Jan 05, 2020, 11:29 AM
Pompano Hills Flyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by tic
Graupner and aeronaut props are fine for low power setups IMO .. Anything over 3000 watts should use stronger
Then I'm good.
Jan 05, 2020, 11:32 AM
Pompano Hills Flyers
Hey guys how much nose weight are you adding? I can see why this x plane had the outrunner so far forward.

DJ
Jan 05, 2020, 12:36 PM
Pompano Hills Flyers
53mm CG with what I'm guessing it's 5 oz. of nose weight. Oregon here she comes.

DJ
Jan 05, 2020, 12:53 PM
That plane was setup for outrunner
Its missing most of the nose
Normally a 32 .mm spinner is on the nose with a p29 gb inside.....
IMHO you should have kept it that way
Now your gonna need a crap load of weight
Too late now.....if it balances fly it
Jan 05, 2020, 01:01 PM
Pompano Hills Flyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubcapsteve
That plane was setup for outrunner
Its missing most of the nose
Normally a 32 .mm spinner is on the nose with a p29 gb inside.....
IMHO you should have kept it that way
Now your gonna need a crap load of weight
Too late now.....if it balances fly it
First x plane. Didn't know how much nose the was. I'm used to this type of flying weight.

DJ
Jan 11, 2020, 08:43 PM
Pompano Hills Flyers
First flight today. Was very windy and didn't need to turn on the motor. But it was mushy. 4 clicks of up elevator means it was a bit nose heavy. Or it could be the incidence is off. But being the nose was shortened it can't change the cg location. Just wondering if anyone else ever had this issue.

DJ
Jan 12, 2020, 06:09 AM
#who gives a rats a**?
I think I fly mine at about 55mm CoG, and I also used a couple of pieces of electrical tape or might have bee the card from cigarette papers to shim the front of the horizontal stab up as mine climbed slightly

Quick Reply