Apr 02, 2019, 12:44 PM
pnc
pnc
This is how I do the retaining ring in my mounts.

I loved my X planes

Pete
to remove ads between posts
Apr 02, 2019, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnc
This is how I do the retaining ring in my mounts.

I loved my X planes

Pete
Very nice Pete!
Apr 02, 2019, 06:25 PM
The Sequel
Catman will you mount at 0/0 now?
Apr 02, 2019, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustflynow2
Catman will you mount at 0/0 now?
Pretty much 0/0.
The CF front of the fuse was a little beat up and so I cleaned it back, but not too far.
It still has a slight down and right but very little.
Apr 03, 2019, 05:30 AM
The Aileron wiper came out well.
Glad that's done!
Apr 03, 2019, 05:54 AM
The Sequel
Quote:
Originally Posted by catmanrc
Pretty much 0/0.
The CF front of the fuse was a little beat up and so I cleaned it back, but not too far.
It still has a slight down and right but very little.
Yes it did look a bit rough, good luck with it.

Re wipers, be 100% sure it won't catch, I once had a tail wiper catch in the up position on a v tail, so had to hold full up elevator to nurse the plane home. Not knowing why the plane behaved as it did caught me out, but luckily managed to land safely.
Apr 16, 2019, 03:12 PM
Quest for Speed!!!
finally getting ready to maiden mine...its been a year plus its ready to maiden , but been occupied with other prjects , this weekend looks good.

need to cycle the pack and see if I have the guts to launch her ... its direct drive on 5.5" prop 5s.

any tips on how to land her? I have flaps..do I need to couple anything to flaps?

Mike Rc
Apr 16, 2019, 03:26 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Flaps will make her keep gliding longer , more LZ will be sufficient to have
For faster and hotter landings I used ailerons UP coupled with flaps DOWN it will press her more to the ground.
Good luck with your maiden.
Yuri
Apr 16, 2019, 06:05 PM
Quest for Speed!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbox
Flaps will make her keep gliding longer , more LZ will be sufficient to have
For faster and hotter landings I used ailerons UP coupled with flaps DOWN it will press her more to the ground.
Good luck with your maiden.
Yuri
Hello D box ,

pardon, what do you mean by LZ? I have the flaps coupled with 1 mm down elevator . I know spoilerons ( ailerons up ) will bring her down faster do you know by how many MM?... for maiden I was thinking flaps with 1 mm down elevator enough... we have 400 ft of carpet runway

MikeRC
Apr 16, 2019, 08:54 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
LZ = Landing Zone
Latest blog entry: Canola Huckin'
Apr 16, 2019, 09:19 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_eee
Hello D box ,

pardon, what do you mean by LZ? I have the flaps coupled with 1 mm down elevator . I know spoilerons ( ailerons up ) will bring her down faster do you know by how many MM?... for maiden I was thinking flaps with 1 mm down elevator enough... we have 400 ft of carpet runway

MikeRC
Elevator compensation is a very individual thing for each and everyone.
I personally leave elevator menu open on my radio and adjust the throw in very first maiden dive.
Successful landing is essential thing
Yuri
Apr 16, 2019, 09:53 PM
This is why most of us set up Crow (down flap/ up aileron/ down elevator typically) for landing on the left stick and throttle on a switch...this way you can feather it in....eazy-peezy….

good luck on maiden!
Apr 16, 2019, 11:49 PM
Quest for Speed!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2k2
This is why most of us set up Crow (down flap/ up aileron/ down elevator typically) for landing on the left stick and throttle on a switch...this way you can feather it in....eazy-peezy….

good luck on maiden!

do u happen to know how much aileron up? for crow?? like how many mm?

Mike
Apr 17, 2019, 05:46 AM
#who gives a rats a**?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_eee
do u happen to know how much aileron up? for crow?? like how many mm?

Mike
You want a lot, like if you were using ailerons as spoilerons. I guess I use around 90% up aileron and as much down flap as have, mixed with some down elevator, like Yuri I left that menu accessible and adjusted as I needed to.
Apr 17, 2019, 06:23 AM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
The amount of down EL compensation varies with airspeed and since there's no mix for that, you have to come up with a percentage that you are happy with in general. I prefer to start out with too little rather than too much as it's no fun to have a plane that's diving to the ground as you have to pull more and more up. I'd rather be pushing down to compensate. JMO

Quick Reply