Feb 03, 2019, 12:51 PM
Ds09s come out of wing pretty easy....tails not so much 8)
to remove ads between posts
Feb 03, 2019, 02:51 PM
DroneWorlds - TEAM NEW ZEALAND
Thread OP
Yeah its fully epoxied in between both skins. I think Id have to open up the seam at TE of the vertical fin, then wedge the skins apart to dig it out. At the moment it looks pretty
Feb 03, 2019, 04:34 PM
Takes two minutes with this. Ask me how I know

Remember the old days with the golden rods stretching from the cog or ahead of it back into the T-tail? I remember getting CA in the tube while trying to apply CA to bond the outside of the tube to the frame. That was a catastrophe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister
Yeah its fully epoxied in between both skins. I think Id have to open up the seam at TE of the vertical fin, then wedge the skins apart to dig it out. At the moment it looks pretty
Feb 03, 2019, 05:07 PM
Taking out the servo in small pieces is the only way, fortunately that 09 comes apart easily...I used the small metal diamond blade when I had one all the way up to the spar under the skin on the wing
Feb 03, 2019, 05:13 PM
Just send it to Lenny....call it a day...
Feb 03, 2019, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2k2
Just send it to Lenny....call it a day...
Or visit your dentist and bring them a beer
Feb 03, 2019, 09:34 PM
Blue Sky Mining
I vote for the tipsy dentist.

But if you can get a fine roughened wire around the servo try that first. It worked remarkably well for me on an aileron servo.
Feb 11, 2019, 08:53 PM
Pompano Hills Flyers
I never understood why someone would glue their servos in place.
Feb 11, 2019, 09:24 PM
Not a lot of options when you have a 9 mm servo in a 9 mm hole
Feb 11, 2019, 09:40 PM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
Leave the bad servo in the tail.. Make a servo tray in the fuse and run a golden rod all the way back to work the elevator. I remember when they all worked that way. Servo in the fin? wow, that was a breakthrough.
Feb 11, 2019, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tic
Leave the bad servo in the tail.. Make a servo tray in the fuse and run a golden rod all the way back to work the elevator. I remember when they all worked that way. Servo in the fin? wow, that was a breakthrough.
Unfortunately being an X plane there is absolutely no Room for that tray anywhere unless you omit you're RX power supply back in the boom
Feb 12, 2019, 10:37 PM
pnc
pnc
There would be so much slop using nyrod.......

Just grind it out easy peasy
Feb 12, 2019, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tic
Make a servo tray in the fuse and run a golden rod all the way back to work the elevator
uhhhhh Tic, are you feeling ok?
Feb 13, 2019, 07:46 AM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
desperate times call for desperate measures
Mar 14, 2019, 06:53 PM
Proud new owner of an Xplane!

A friend picked it up at a flying event in 2017.
But it had a little bit of damage.

The gap filler on the top of the Ailerons and Flaps on the left side are damaged.
We don't know if a previous owner did that or what happened.

Not sure how critical it is to close that gap.
Going to PM Yuri and see about repairing.

I read about 40 pages into the beginning of thread and am working backwards from the end now (phew!)...

Looks like the most preferred Servos are the DS09 (AMD) and (SCD), any others?

I haven't seen on the thread yet where someone is using a fixed prop pylon type setup.
I was leaning that way.
Pros and cons?

Quick Reply