Aug 19, 2012, 04:15 AM
200mph +
Voltage reg by the look of it dude.

That's the mark of the crappy logic board on 5 and 6s.. It gets hot doing nothing. Time for the big mod.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2012, 04:46 AM
Why the dirt on the wings?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child
Wow,i did not see that in the pic,cause there is nothing wrong with the plug,but the pic did make me go take a look at it again....I do not know how the camera made it look like that But i do have a 2 cell lipo w/cc10 bec,and a 3" extention that i use to disable the power wire.....But all that safety was just not needed for my problem yesterday.
Sounds good.
I was thinking that eithor that bad looking connection was causing the heat, or that the power wire wasnt removed from the ESC with the BEC installed.

Just watched the video again without any backround noise where I am and the ESC was emitting 3 beeps ................. thats overcurrent kicking in. Do you have the .csv file from the quick flight ?
Aug 19, 2012, 08:46 AM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykotic
Voltage reg by the look of it dude.

That's the mark of the crappy logic board on 5 and 6s.. It gets hot doing nothing. Time for the big mod.
Yup,the ESC still works fine,but if you let it sit there plugged in to long before flying,it is boiling...IE,why the heat shrink is melted in that one spot....and that is what happened with that flight,i had to wait,so by the time i got up there to toss it....BAAAAM ! I think i will just send it back to Castle and see what they will offer...It's bad enough i am out the Kira,i do not want to spend money on this Terd also....That was a chunk of money for nothing but trouble.
Aug 19, 2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Yup,the ESC still works fine,but if you let it sit there plugged in to long before flying,it is boiling...IE,why the heat shrink is melted in that one spot....and that is what happened with that flight,i had to wait,so by the time i got up there to toss it....BAAAAM ! I think i will just send it back to Castle and see what they will offer...It's bad enough i am out the Kira,i do not want to spend money on this Terd also....That was a chunk of money for nothing but trouble.
I wouldn't send it in. It still works great you said. The heating regulator is well known, you can either haven't moded which then makes it preferred to the ice for 5+6s or you can treat it carefully: don't leave it plugged in for long without good airflow. You can also add a small heatsink to it, look en okay for kontronik heatsink. Now, sounds like it cut out because of over current... But this have been disabled alongside voltage cut. Castle is perhaps the only esc where the manufacturer allows you to override common sense: want to make to fly it like you stole it until it blows up, no problem, disable all limits. Most other escs will eventually cut out because of heat, current or voltage sag. This is what makes the castle esc so great, that and price. If you really want to dump it, send me a pm, and I can send you some ice escs (I have a huge stash). Fwiw I use ice 100 on 8s around 250a.... These things are awesome!
Aug 19, 2012, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by la528it
Fwiw I use ice 100 on 8s around 250a.... These things are awesome!
WOW ........... and I thought I was pushing things at right near 200 amps
Aug 19, 2012, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway
WOW ........... and I thought I was pushing things at right near 200 amps
Your bursts are longer than mine
Aug 19, 2012, 03:38 PM
After spending the whole day at the airfield with many planes,and many friends...not to mention 4 Nice Comfortable Flights on the X-Plane....This is kind of how i am feeling For Now !
Back in the Saddle Again, Aerosmith (4 min 42 sec)
Aug 19, 2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by la528it
I wouldn't send it in. It still works great you said. The heating regulator is well known, you can either haven't moded which then makes it preferred to the ice for 5+6s or you can treat it carefully: don't leave it plugged in for long without good airflow. You can also add a small heatsink to it, look en okay for kontronik heatsink. Now, sounds like it cut out because of over current... But this have been disabled alongside voltage cut. Castle is perhaps the only esc where the manufacturer allows you to override common sense: want to make to fly it like you stole it until it blows up, no problem, disable all limits. Most other escs will eventually cut out because of heat, current or voltage sag. This is what makes the castle esc so great, that and price. If you really want to dump it, send me a pm, and I can send you some ice escs (I have a huge stash). Fwiw I use ice 100 on 8s around 250a.... These things are awesome!
Well,this is one thing i did not know about the 125 i plugged the plane up,and was ready to fly,then a guy takes his Heli over the runway (which he was not supposed to do,but what ev) So i have to sit there for 2 minutes with the plane plugged in...How was i to know the thing was sitting in there COOKING ITSELF...If you ask me,that is just wrong....Bottom line,i want nothing to do with it.I am very New to this type of setup,and style of flying....So onward with the learning.PS,it works,but the lipo hit it,and bent the caps down....i do not feel comfortable with using it unless somebody much smarter then myself in these matters,gets there hands on it.
Aug 19, 2012, 04:28 PM
First flight since the Face Plant ...One thing i must say about the X-Plane " It loves high wind " The wind was KICKING today,and i got in 4 flights that i had more FUN with each one....I am having WAY TO MUCH FUN learning this Hotliner thing.....Now i do not know if i am doing it right,but i will get the hang of it in time,cause i am in MOVING FORWARD mode,cause this is way to cool
X-Plane,Re-Re-Re-Maiden (7 min 28 sec)
Aug 19, 2012, 07:19 PM
Sure it'll work
If you are having fun....your doing it right
Aug 19, 2012, 07:44 PM
Quote:
First flight since the Face Plant ...One thing i must say about the X-Plane " It loves high wind " The wind was KICKING today,and i got in 4 flights that i had more FUN with each one....I am having WAY TO MUCH FUN learning this Hotliner thing.....Now i do not know if i am doing it right,but i will get the hang of it in time,cause i am in MOVING FORWARD mode,cause this is way to cool
Thats over 7 minutes in flight !!
Aug 19, 2012, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway
Thats over 7 minutes in flight !!
With over 20% left in the pack
Aug 19, 2012, 10:46 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Awesome flying VC.
It makes me fix mine fuse and take her in the air.
Sounds like You finally figured throttle on switch,but still one cell shy

My MAX usage throttle time on 5S is -1.5sec
MIN ----------------------------------is-0.3sec
according to my radio timer.
Yuri.
Aug 19, 2012, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbox
Awesome flying VC.
It makes me fix mine fuse and take her in the air.
Sounds like You finally figured throttle on switch,but still one cell shy

My MAX usage throttle time on 5S is -1.5sec
MIN ----------------------------------is-0.3sec
according to my radio timer.
Yuri.
Nope,still on the throttle...For some reason the flight log will not copy,but it is 136amps on launch,and around 128amps on every pull for 2 to 3 seconds....Hope i don't burn up this ESC ....and there is no way i am going to 5cell yet...I am having to much fun right now just getting in a good flight with no problems
Aug 20, 2012, 12:47 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
5S ,200Amp logger reading on mine.
Yuri.

Quick Reply