Aug 06, 2012, 04:03 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Terry ,great report
I am glad You got Yourself out of troubles.I have been there myself hundreds of times.
I have posted picture somewhere in the thread how much flaps You'll need to deploy. But without gearbox You should not bother at all with flaps.
But listen, flaps are not just for landing.
I am couple them to ailerons and use in flight and having more fun then anybody
WHO USED THEM ON "Y" harness
Thank You Terry.
Yuri
to remove ads between posts
Aug 06, 2012, 04:08 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
Give me a couple flights on this thing,I WILL SHOW YOU WHAT IT CAN DO WITH A Y HARNESS!
Aug 06, 2012, 04:09 PM
"The Judge"
Terry and Doug, how much throw on elevator, and what CG ?
Aug 06, 2012, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe
Do not combine our setups,then it will not launch or land
Aug 06, 2012, 04:13 PM
Way to go Chuchuf!
Aug 06, 2012, 04:24 PM
"The Judge"
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child
I know,,,,, he is flying pylon style and you crazy hotline,,, I want to know what your throws are, AND his
Aug 06, 2012, 04:26 PM
"The Judge"
i always collect data this way and write it down, so later I can read it and make right choise depending on what setup I choose..
Aug 06, 2012, 04:31 PM
What is Highspeed ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child
where is the difference between pylon and hotliner style ???
only difference for me is - if flying hotliner style you have earlier smoke on when forget throttle pull down
Aug 06, 2012, 04:35 PM
"The Judge"
Rolf, I think the pylonstyle goes little faster in straight lines.... maybee the reason for less throw ?
Aug 06, 2012, 04:40 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Now, is there a tx in the world where you can mix throws to throttle so that throws are smaller when you're going WOT than on partial throttle or motor off? Would be nice....
Aug 06, 2012, 05:02 PM
delete
Last edited by OneTime; Aug 06, 2012 at 05:15 PM.
Aug 06, 2012, 05:07 PM
Delete
Last edited by OneTime; Aug 06, 2012 at 05:17 PM.
Aug 06, 2012, 05:14 PM
200mph +
I've been looking everywhere for my next model now that I reached my goal with the hjk LP1. Want a new style folder F5D powerplant, and I've looked at a heap of models, but I think I'm going to need another xplane Yuri

I just need to decide on colours for this one and book it in
Aug 06, 2012, 05:16 PM
Carboweave, Ask For It By Name
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe
CG at 52mm, perfect and the elevator at about 3mm+ up and down measures at the outer edge to the horiz stab. With that it turns as hard as any fast pylon plane I have ever flown at full speed, and is enough throw for landing.

But as master Yuri points out, I am carrying less weight.

Terry
Aug 06, 2012, 05:16 PM
Carboweave, Ask For It By Name
I've ordered some new batteries as the ones I used today were 3 years old and given to me by a friend. Somehow I don't believe he gave me his good batteries.......lol

Gonna need some more prop so a 5 pitch is next and then 5.5 pitch when the batteries get in.

Yuri, I agree, this thing lands so slow that I'm going to tape up the flaps so they don't operate. Ailerons are so effective that I really don't think you need to mix the flaps with them. In fact I had to up my expo on ailerons to 40% because 30% was to twitchy on the first flight. 40% felt perfect.

What a nice all around flying plane..........

Last year I built a Pogo with a HK 35xx heli motor and got it to go 146mph straight and level. My problem is I like to make hard turns at one and eventually folded the wing at SEFF. Sure hope this one can take my abuse!!

Terry

Quick Reply