Jul 25, 2012, 12:21 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
Dbox's Avatar
I am glad You like her Lenny.
I have tried to do my best for very special person in RC history
Thanx for one of the best pictures in this thread IMO.
Yuri.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2012, 05:44 AM
Speed Demon
GregG's Avatar
After looking at all of the different color combinations in this thread, I haven't see one that doesn't look terrific! She really is a work of art!!!
Jul 25, 2012, 10:25 AM
Registered User
stanordave's Avatar
The hardest part so far was cutting in to mount the control horns. Felt like I was desecrating the plane. But that's over and all 5 servos are in so things should speed up now.
Jul 25, 2012, 04:46 PM
Carboweave, Ask For It By Name
Chuchuf's Avatar
Me thinks that trying to get a 5S battery around 2000mA in this plane will be the hardest part.
Opinions?

Terry
Jul 25, 2012, 04:51 PM
200mph +
sykotic's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchuf View Post
Me thinks that trying to get a 5S battery around 2000mA in this plane will be the hardest part.
Opinions?

Terry
As long as you had a read of the thread and copy others you won't have any problems.

One of the genace 2200 5s packs fit, and the neu 2100 packs do if you can find one second hand.
Jul 25, 2012, 06:48 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanordave View Post
The hardest part so far was cutting in to mount the control horns. Felt like I was desecrating the plane. But that's over and all 5 servos are in so things should speed up now.
Are you doing the linkage on the bottom of the wing ? I only ask cause i felt the desecration while cutting through the wing to the servo bay
Jul 25, 2012, 07:27 PM
Registered User
stanordave's Avatar
Yes I went on the low side...

I hate putting anything that disturbs the flow across the top of the wing. Had the horns on the top wing of my viper but later moved them to the bottom and liked the way it flew better.

I'm at the last last stop, trying to get a 5s into the fuselage. A 4s, 2,700, 65c nanotech drops right in but the only 5s method so far is the 3+2 route. (no GenAce stores nearby! )
Jul 25, 2012, 07:45 PM
Carboweave, Ask For It By Name
Chuchuf's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykotic View Post
As long as you had a read of the thread and copy others you won't have any problems.

One of the genace 2200 5s packs fit, and the neu 2100 packs do if you can find one second hand.
I id read a lot of the thread over the past few months and knew of the gens ace and Neu 5S which aren't available. Don't like the idea of 2 batteries so I'll keep looking. Maybe make my own packs?

Terry
Jul 25, 2012, 09:27 PM
200mph +
sykotic's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchuf View Post
I id read a lot of the thread over the past few months and knew of the gens ace and Neu 5S which aren't available. Don't like the idea of 2 batteries so I'll keep looking. Maybe make my own packs?

Terry
Ah

In that case you could make your own... The Hobbyking Nanotech 45c 2200 3/4s have good sized cells. You could take a couple of those and solder some 5s up?

I can measure them for you if you like (I have a few of those packs)
Jul 25, 2012, 10:51 PM
Registered User
Lenny970's Avatar
The Sky Lipo 5S-2200 40C packs are back in stock.
The size is the same as Hyperion 30C pack (I have both in hand).
They're a good choice IMO.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl2200-5s1p-40c-5555.html


Lenny
Jul 26, 2012, 05:41 AM
Carboweave, Ask For It By Name
Chuchuf's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykotic View Post
Ah

In that case you could make your own... The Hobbyking Nanotech 45c 2200 3/4s have good sized cells. You could take a couple of those and solder some 5s up?

I can measure them for you if you like (I have a few of those packs)
I have a few if those 4S Nano's here and you're right the cells are pretty small. I'll have to see what 5 of them would produce size wise.
HK also sells individual 40C 2200mA batteries that could be interesting http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18559

Terry
Jul 26, 2012, 05:42 AM
Carboweave, Ask For It By Name
Chuchuf's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny970 View Post
The Sky Lipo 5S-2200 40C packs are back in stock.
The size is the same as Hyperion 30C pack (I have both in hand).
They're a good choice IMO.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl2200-5s1p-40c-5555.html


Lenny
Good find Lenny.

Thanks,

Terry
Jul 26, 2012, 05:50 AM
Registered User
Peter M's Avatar
Ahhhhhhh, is there a more cruel hobby that this!




Just stooging around this afternoon when it suddenly a pitched upwards into a loop then suddenly a bunt!

Testing the elevator's DS09 at home showed that it would just cycle up and down every so often as it moved through its travel. (Maybe it DID visit Room 237 Arctery??? But it looked more Linda Blair to me!)

Fixable? Fortunately easily. cf wrap around boom, fill and redrill the mounting hole in the horizontal stab, replace the servo with a D60, reglue the elevator horn and rear wing mount and I think I'm right to go again.
Jul 26, 2012, 05:58 AM
Chillaxin dude!
BulletMaster's Avatar
hmm... bummer mate! I do remember there being a thread about the DS09's doing things like that if there is a dry solder joint? Doesn't help you out though.. plus makes me highly concerned about the servos I have here for my X--
Jul 26, 2012, 06:54 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
That's too bad, Peter!
Glad it can be fixed


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Blade MCP X - owner's thread rchelijc Micro Helis 13419 Jul 31, 2016 03:58 PM
Discussion MCP-X thread for people that dont have a MCP-x axelen Micro Helis 186 Apr 01, 2011 01:17 AM
Data mCP X (non chat) setup and tips owners thread Cable Guy Micro Helis 9 Mar 12, 2011 11:50 AM
Build Log Build Log - ARK X-500 series build thread cfrank2005 Electric Heli Talk 30 Jun 29, 2009 12:27 PM
RBC A-4 Skyhawk build thread X.X Willmsy Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 6 Nov 22, 2005 10:01 PM