X-Plane build thread - Page 151 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jul 07, 2012, 06:27 PM
Registered User
Lenny970's Avatar
Looks good VooDoo, but make sure the prop won't get hung up on that front vent that sticks up.

Lenny
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2012, 08:46 PM
Speed Demon
GregG's Avatar
In took the bare X airframe to our clubs "A Day on the Hill Slope Meet" today to show off the new toy. Lot's of ooohs and ahhhhs and quite a few new fingerprints on the black paint. I don't mind, it's just part of the coolness that is the X-Plane.

BTW Yuri, I think that you may have another order very soon from one of our members. Hope that helps you out!
Jul 08, 2012, 10:11 AM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny970
Looks good VooDoo, but make sure the prop won't get hung up on that front vent that sticks up.

Lenny
And that is why i kindly asked somebody to come over and hit me in the head with a baseball bat I was in such a great mood after coming home from the race seeing how my boy Tony in the #14 car won...Then i jump on the net and read your post (yup,i NOOBED it) I read that the Kira has a hard time breaking due to the 2 pole motor,so i planner on putting a hook off the side of the fuz like MrYello,but i did not think if it hits the scoop and not the hook,it puts the other blade in a bad spot for landing.Thanks for catching that Lenny.....Now i just have to figure out what to do,as those are the largest exits they make,and they do not make flat ones in that size.....i kind of screwed myself this time. Doug
Jul 08, 2012, 01:03 PM
Sure it'll work
Flyextreme's Avatar
I have used these exits on 2 other Hotliners. They had no effect on the prop on those. It slids right over the scoop. Braking problems could make it an issue. You may want to try it first.
Jul 08, 2012, 04:25 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyextreme
I have used these exits on 2 other Hotliners. They had no effect on the prop on those. It slids right over the scoop. Braking problems could make it an issue. You may want to try it first.
Yup,power on would not be a problem,it is the breaking that Lenny's post has opened my eyes to,it puts the other blade right under the nose....these are things i need to learn as a noob,and deal with...I am just so darn happy that there are guys that notice these things,and take the time to post it .If not for threads like these,i would be lost. Doug
Jul 08, 2012, 04:28 PM
Sure it'll work
Flyextreme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child
Yup,power on would not be a problem,it is the breaking that Lenny's post has opened my eyes to,it puts the other blade right under the nose....these are things i need to learn as a noob,and deal with...I am just so darn happy that there are guys that notice these things,and take the time to post it .If not for threads like these,i would be lost. Doug
I guess what I was trying to say is....at least for me....they have no influence where the prop stops. Not on mine anyway.

Fold the blades against the fuse, and turn by hand. This should give you, at least, some idea of how it may be effected. It deffenitly is something to keep an eye on. No point fixing it if it's not a problem.
Jul 08, 2012, 05:00 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyextreme
I guess what I was trying to say is....at least for me....they have no influence where the prop stops. Not on mine anyway.

Fold the blades against the fuse, and turn by hand. This should give you, at least, some idea of how it may be effected. It deffenitly is something to keep an eye on. No point fixing it if it's not a problem.
It would not be a problem if i had a 6 pole Mega in there,it is just that the 2 pole Kira seems to want to keep spinning under break......This is just from what i read,but it does seem that MrYello knows a bit about this stuff,and a few others that i have read from.But i am working on the rest of the plane now,and will re-address this issue at a later date On a side note,this X-Plane build has been the most fun i have had in years (you actually have to think about what you are doing) just what a cool azz rc plane to have in the hanger
Jul 08, 2012, 06:11 PM
Sure it'll work
Flyextreme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child
It would not be a problem if i had a 6 pole Mega in there,it is just that the 2 pole Kira seems to want to keep spinning under break......This is just from what i read,but it does seem that MrYello knows a bit about this stuff,and a few others that i have read from.
I know alot less than most people here. Just sharing my experience

Bill
Jul 08, 2012, 06:54 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyextreme
I know alot less than most people here. Just sharing my experience

Bill
I hope you did not take my posts wrong I was speaking in Lack Of Info On Kira There is just no info on the 480/34 5.2,except that it likes to freewheel the prop under brake and please,if ANYBODY has some info on this motor/gb,please post it
Jul 08, 2012, 07:09 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregG
In took the bare X airframe to our clubs "A Day on the Hill Slope Meet" today to show off the new toy. Lot's of ooohs and ahhhhs and quite a few new fingerprints on the black paint. I don't mind, it's just part of the coolness that is the X-Plane.

BTW Yuri, I think that you may have another order very soon from one of our members. Hope that helps you out!
Got to see this in person and etch my finger emulsions into the fresh black paint . If I was making a decision about getting a viper or x-plane I would definitely get the x-plane. The quality is amazing as is the robustness of the fuselage. In fact I would gladly pay the difference in price between the plama II and x-plane. When funds become available this is my next airship.

It will almost be necessary for me to purchase one to compete with Greg. My plasma II is extremely fast (180+) but I am pretty sure his power system will be significantly faster than mine. Hopefully he will be up to the challenge of piloting it!
Jul 08, 2012, 07:20 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbox
Greg,the best ones are Hyperion D09 AMD and Airtronic 802.
Easy fit,precise ,slop free, digital,affordable
Non digital -Dymond D-60
Will finish Your plane at the end of the week.
Yuri.
Just want to recommend against the Hyperion D09. Greg saw me almost lose my plasma II due to issues with th D09. The case is flimsy and there are potential issues with soldering. I replaced them with MKS. MKS makes a few servos that will fit the bill at 9MM but they are more expensive. For me I would gladly pay the difference in price for the servos.
Jul 09, 2012, 06:43 PM
"The Judge"
sebbe's Avatar
will there be balance issues with a 115 gram mega motor + heatsink+ kpg 27 ? to light in front ?

(5s lipo2200mah + ice 100)
Jul 09, 2012, 07:06 PM
200mph +
sykotic's Avatar
If you stick the rx battery up the front aswell you should be ok. Any idea how heavy your heatsink is?

My 150g mega (according to mega website) + kpg27 + p125 + 350mah rx battery up the front give me perfect balance without adding any weight.

Total weights of a few drives are in this thread somewhere, i can find it if you want.
Jul 10, 2012, 06:21 AM
Speed Demon
GregG's Avatar
I was wondering about using the Ice100 with a 1115 on 5S, do you think that would be Ok and balance?
Jul 10, 2012, 07:34 AM
"The Judge"
sebbe's Avatar
ok, so maybee I will be a bit tailheavy,, I did have the mega 16/40/1 first at mind, but maybee have other planes for that one, so left is my mega 16/25/1.5S, its only 115 gram, and I think I can add 1 and a half heatsink, thats 22 gram, so my motor would be 137 gram heavy,,, maybee I can manage it, ...........

Thanks Sykotic..


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Blade MCP X - owner's thread rchelijc Micro Helis 13419 Jul 31, 2016 04:58 PM
Discussion MCP-X thread for people that dont have a MCP-x axelen Micro Helis 186 Apr 01, 2011 02:17 AM
Data mCP X (non chat) setup and tips owners thread Cable Guy Micro Helis 9 Mar 12, 2011 12:50 PM
Build Log Build Log - ARK X-500 series build thread cfrank2005 Electric Heli Talk 30 Jun 29, 2009 01:27 PM
RBC A-4 Skyhawk build thread X.X Willmsy Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 6 Nov 22, 2005 11:01 PM