Jun 09, 2011, 09:23 PM
DroneWorlds - TEAM NEW ZEALAND
Thread OP
Discussion

X-Plane build thread

Thought I would start a seperate build thread for Yuri's weapon.

http://yuri-models.com/

Gonna be waiting on the mega to finish it, which gives me time to do an anal retentive build

This is the double carbon version, aparently the first one Airframe is very very rigid! I dont think im gonna be able to break this one in the air...

Weights -

Wing - 296g
Fuselage - 124g (including elevator servo)
Horistab - 22g

442grams for the bare airframe + screws, Im amazed at how light weight it is.

Gonna be running a 16-35-1, KPG27 5.2, 16x17 RFM, ICE100 on 5S. Will start with 4S and a 14.5x14 Little 2S lipo with a CCBEC powering the optima 7.

DS09SCB's on ailerons, AMD's on flaps. MKS450's are little two thick to fit in the double carbon wing, might fit into a single carbon though.

Toying with the idea of slapping a 16-40-1 on 5-6S direct drive in temporarily, just to see how fast it'll go

Bunch of pics, seeing what'll fit where. 4&5S EX hyperion packs are with the fedex man at the moment. The optima Rx will likely get kaptonized and stuffed further up the boom.
Last edited by jackosmeister; Jun 09, 2011 at 09:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 11, 2011, 12:26 AM
Thread OP
15 series Neu would fit, with about 12mm cut off nose and a 36mm spinner.

Started making wing harness and setting up servos, dremeled out the inside of the sullivan clevises to get plenty of up throw.
Jun 11, 2011, 09:54 AM
That plane is to pretty to fly.
Jun 11, 2011, 10:21 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
Quote:
Originally Posted by epwierman
That plane is to pretty to fly.
....But blast to fly . I went to the field with mine and one of the new club member had a radar gun and clocked her at 204MPH.
My wing is made of glass on top and carbon on bottom...old Hyperion 5S battery 20 sec motor run ,battery takes back just about 700mha .

Chris,with neu 1509 motor You may end up with nose heavy plane.
I was thinking 1506/1D 6.7on 2S 2200 X2 packs in parallel would be great set.

I have seen this set running MUCH bigger draggy flying pig and it was impressive. /Same16x17 slim/
Yuri.
Last edited by Dbox; Jun 11, 2011 at 10:52 AM.
Jun 11, 2011, 11:15 AM
Nice work Yuri.
Jun 11, 2011, 04:46 PM
Thread OP
Damn thats quick Yuri! Very impressive.

Just seeing if the Neu would fit, wont be running it
Last edited by jackosmeister; Jun 11, 2011 at 05:05 PM.
Jun 11, 2011, 06:52 PM
"The Judge"
hello, i must have missed this plane, is this a plane anyone can buy ? price ?

or just custom made ?
Jun 11, 2011, 07:01 PM
Thread OP
Flick Yuri a PM sebbe, sure he can sort ya out.

The development of Yuri's X-Plane is here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1173526
Last edited by jackosmeister; Jun 11, 2011 at 07:07 PM.
Jun 11, 2011, 07:32 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe
hello, i must have missed this plane, is this a plane anyone can buy ? price ?

or just custom made ?
Custom made,but anyone can buy.Same class as Viper or Swist $499 +shipping. Full carbon.
Comes with tail metal gear servo installed and tail finished with link to elevator.Colors of Your choice .
Yuri
Jun 12, 2011, 05:43 AM
"The Judge"
Yuri, thats great, will read some about this plane first.. It sure look sleeeeek and fast..

Im very tempted..

What would shipping be to Sweden ?

Are you in the US ?
Jun 12, 2011, 05:48 AM
"The Judge"
Colours ? and schema ? any paticular to choose from.

Or can I choose the painting and motive my self ..

And is there a version without flapes ?

and is this plane only for motor with gearboxe and bigger folding ? I wanted to fly this like a pylon, with 5x5 propp..
I see the spinner is 32mm, its hard to find spinners for speedpropps in this size..

Sorry for all my questions
Jun 12, 2011, 09:15 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
Quote:
Colours ? and schema ? any paticular to choose from.

Or can I choose the painting and motive my self ..

And is there a version without flapes ?

and is this plane only for motor with gearboxe and bigger folding ? I wanted to fly this like a pylon, with 5x5 propp..
I see the spinner is 32mm, its hard to find spinners for speedpropps in this size..

Sorry for all my questions
Sebbe,ANY colors and ANY scheme is possible. I still would recommend no more then 3 colors otherwise plane looks bad ,"too busy".
I can make You one with long flapperons or simple with short aelerons only ,
if You want two servos in the wing.
And here is a link for 32mm prop/spinnerhttp://www.hobbyshopseele.de/w08.html
Yes,I am in US and feeling good about it.
Thanx.
Yuri.
PM me if You want to talk
Jun 12, 2011, 10:49 AM
"The Judge"
PM:d you

But forgot to ask, what is the wingspan?

EDIT: did find it, 53"...
Last edited by sebbe; Jun 12, 2011 at 11:28 AM.
Jun 12, 2011, 01:04 PM
Sure it'll work
Quote:

I see the spinner is 32mm, its hard to find spinners for speedpropps in this size.
I was originally considering a pylon style set-up too. But after seeing what the geared Mega with a 16x17 can do, and on Yuri's recommendation, The F5B set-up seemed to be a better option for me because....

You can reach 200mph+
I can reach that speed faster
It's quieter
Longer flight times are easily do-able
CG's better
And still rocks on 4S
Also, as you said, finding a pylon spinner may prove troublesome.

The only down side I could see is...it will cost a bit more.

2 cents, Bill
Jun 12, 2011, 06:49 PM
"The Judge"
You are right Bill, but for now, the money is my concern, I could buy the plane, then wait, then buy motor, then gear box, then propp..

But I allready have many small speed propps, And I save the cost of a gearbox, and I save the cost of a esc that can do 200A in burstes.. I allready have a 100A esc, that will be ok with a mega 5s setup + 5x5 speed propp @ 100-120 amps..

So for me, its more suited/less expensive to just buy the plane, and put in what I have..

Dont get me wrong, I will someday try the F5B setup, it will probably rock.... but for now, I will be ok with a high kv speed propp setup..

Quick Reply