View Poll Results: Do you think Global Warming is caused by Mankinds burning of fossil fuels?
Yes, it is caused by fossil fuels 338 38.28%
Not sure 105 11.89%
No it is not cause by fossil fuels 440 49.83%
Voters: 883. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools
May 21, 2019, 08:05 PM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
Great, now it's two at a time.
May 21, 2019, 09:04 PM
Registered User
So is CO2 still a greenhouse gas?
May 21, 2019, 09:32 PM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
You do find CO2 in greenhouses. But that would make N2 and O2 greenhouse gases as well.
May 21, 2019, 10:21 PM
Registered User
So CO2 is still a greenhouse gas. Glad to hear that bedrock physics is still valid.
May 22, 2019, 03:38 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by emufingers
Nup. Just that your chart is irrelevant as a basis for discussing changes in global temperature due to atmospheric gas mix change.
If you want to deny radiative transfer models that's on you.
May 22, 2019, 03:42 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerjohn
So CO2 is still a greenhouse gas. Glad to hear that bedrock physics is still valid.
Using a misnomer to name a gas is not based on physics. If the social science of climatology was based on physics there would be a consistent definition used instead of the many variations in use. The common usage would include every gas and vapor in the atmosphere. Thus just gas and vapor, adding the misnomer "greenhouse" is just extraneous and misleading.
May 22, 2019, 06:01 AM
I hate propellors
emufingers's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto Rob
If you want to deny radiative transfer models that's on you.
If you think that that is what I said, you have made a leap of logic that cannot be substantiated.
May 22, 2019, 07:49 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto Rob
Using a misnomer to name a gas is not based on physics. If the social science of climatology was based on physics there would be a consistent definition used instead of the many variations in use. The common usage would include every gas and vapor in the atmosphere. Thus just gas and vapor, adding the misnomer "greenhouse" is just extraneous and misleading.
So you deny that the rising levels of greenhouse gasses is warming the world.

No it would not include every gas and vapor. You are showing your ignorance of some very basic science. Maybe you need a newer chemistry book. Like one since the early 1800's when this physical principle was discovered.

Here.....maybe you can explain to the American Chemical Society how they are wrong. lol

https://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/c...ousegases.html
Last edited by flyerjohn; May 22, 2019 at 08:01 AM.
May 22, 2019, 10:13 AM
Free my speech
BACKEMFNRG's Avatar
Bla, bla, bla.

Gates gets it.

https://twitter.com/seeker401/status...1hWEuqLIN4jZVw

Using electricity from any source is 25% of the GHG production. So green tech is causing CO2 just as well.
Last edited by BACKEMFNRG; May 22, 2019 at 10:20 AM.
May 22, 2019, 11:56 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerjohn
So you deny that the rising levels of greenhouse gasses is warming the world.

No it would not include every gas and vapor. You are showing your ignorance of some very basic science. Maybe you need a newer chemistry book. Like one since the early 1800's when this physical principle was discovered.

Here.....maybe you can explain to the American Chemical Society how they are wrong. lol

https://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/c...ousegases.html
So the first definition presented in your link is as "heat- absorbing gases". You start with "no it would not include every gas and vapor". Then they present their view on the term greenhouse gas, "Although this nomenclature is misleading, it is in such common use that we use it here as well". So maybe you should explain how they are wrong.
May 22, 2019, 07:34 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto Rob
So the first definition presented in your link is as "heat- absorbing gases". You start with "no it would not include every gas and vapor". Then they present their view on the term greenhouse gas, "Although this nomenclature is misleading, it is in such common use that we use it here as well". So maybe you should explain how they are wrong.

Yes there is such a thing as greenhouse gasses that warm the earth and their levels are increasing thus it is warming. Correct?
May 22, 2019, 07:38 PM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerjohn
Yes there is such a thing as greenhouse gasses that warm the earth and their levels are increasing thus it is warming. Correct?
Incorrect.
May 23, 2019, 12:53 AM
Useful Idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy
Incorrect.
https://www.britannica.com/science/greenhouse-gas
May 23, 2019, 02:33 AM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
Your ref does not claim what he just did. Nice try. Science is an exact matter, and poor word use merely exposes one's lack of understanding. FJ has been corrected on this before, but refuses to correct his BAD Science. You appear to want him to continue putting it out.

PS, that article is misleading, betcha you don't know why.
May 23, 2019, 03:07 AM
Useful Idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy
Your ref does not claim what he just did. Nice try. Science is an exact matter, and poor word use merely exposes one's lack of understanding. FJ has been corrected on this before, but refuses to correct his BAD Science. You appear to want him to continue putting it out.

PS, that article is misleading, betcha you don't know why.
I suspect that you refer to "that warm the earth", which I suppose might be more correctly written as "that prevent heat escaping from the Earth".
As for your PS, have you ever considered that what misleads you may not mislead others?


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion A complete list of things caused by global warming Viper Pilot Life, The Universe, and Politics 12 Jul 26, 2018 07:14 AM
Discussion What do you think caused the ice ages? Bilbobaker Life, The Universe, and Politics 73 Dec 18, 2017 05:52 PM
Discussion Human Caused Global Warming is Offically A Religion- Earth 2100 Lightnin Life, The Universe, and Politics 29 Aug 21, 2014 11:57 PM
Discussion who do you think you are? Aaron 1 Life, The Universe, and Politics 30 Feb 25, 2013 08:39 PM
Discussion Sad to be posting here. What do you think caused this? ndb8fxe Crash Discussion 8 Feb 28, 2009 10:57 PM