T45 PNP USD49.9

Thanks
Mar 08, 2013, 04:40 AM
wba
wba
Quote:
Originally Posted by abjets
@WBA- Excellent tips! Thank you!
Austria...one of my most favorite places in Europe. Spent many months there...a few times :-). Kitzbuhel kept calling me back for more.
Cheers.
glad you like it here. give me a shout next time you are here and we go for a drink in vienna :-)
this weekend looks like good conditions for the next flights.
Mar 08, 2013, 01:05 PM
What Goes Up...Must Come Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by wba
glad you like it here. give me a shout next time you are here and we go for a drink in vienna :-)
this weekend looks like good conditions for the next flights.
WBA-Will do!
Weekend is looking great here too! Just about finished my T-45 as well. Could be an action packed weekend!
HAPPY FLYING!
Mar 11, 2013, 03:18 AM
wba
wba

still alive

on saturday i had my next three flights. grey skies are difficult. the sabre is so fast and so small. you definately need to keep here close. the droptank beginner skid works very well. i am thinking about applying some red paint on wingtips to make it easier to spot. i am a beginner with edf so i am allowed to do that. on the last flight i even did the launch by myself. left hand, top grip. i use mode 2 so this is the only way to use controlstick right away.
Last edited by wba; Mar 11, 2013 at 05:47 AM.
Mar 11, 2013, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wba
on saturday i had my next three flights. grey skies are difficult. the sabre is so fast and so small. you definately need to keep here close. the droptank beginner skid works very well. i am thinking about applying some red paint on wingtips to make it easier to spot. i am a beginner with edf so i am allowed to do that. on the last flight i even did the launch by myself. left hand, top grip. i use mode 2 so this is the only way to use controlstick right away.
WBA- Excellent! Love the 'torpedo launcher'!! I agree...with cloudy skies...typical here when the winds are calm, it can be a handful to keep orientation. While I haven't made any aesthetic changes to my F-86 yet, I have incorporated a 'bright' stripe on one wing with a couple of other birds...certainly helps!

HAPPY FLYING!
Mar 11, 2013, 11:13 AM

SkyAngel 35mm F-15 Set-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320
dryer sheets are tough!
Hi Joe 1320- Question for you...I was reading through your SA 35mm F-15 thread...great info, thanks. I just received one from HobbyB and am curious...what sort of battery setup have you settled on with that bird for best overall performance? I know in your thread you are using the 3s 800 mAh. With your remarks on the draw from the two motors, curious if that is still the way you are going
I have a couple of options on hand, but may decide to purchase additional Batts if needed. I currently have a handful of 3s 450mAh 25-40C Nano techs (45.9g). I know that one in itself would NOT like the load. Of course I also have a bunch of 3s 1300mAh 45-90C Nanos (117.2g) probably way to big!

Would you suggest using two of the 3s 460's, or should I just bite the bullet and buy some specifically for the F-15? (I plan on running two Plush 10 amp esc's)

Also, using the two esc's should I:
1. use a beefier plug to the batts...XT60 vs the JST?
2. In connecting the Rx power/signal lines from the esc, should I keep one of the positive(+) leads from esc unattached?

Your comments would be much appreciated!!
Thanks! ABJets
Last edited by abjets; Mar 11, 2013 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Title
Mar 11, 2013, 09:25 PM
always something to learn...
Test flew the new saber today, and this thing is a rocket. I have my ailerons with too much throw, and the elevator without enough! So I need to do some adjustments, but this will be a fun one. It seems the thrust tube will be a good thing. Totally different animal than stock on 2s. Very nice. ------Metalguy
Mar 11, 2013, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abjets
Hi Joe 1320- Question for you...I was reading through your SA 35mm F-15 thread...great info, thanks. I just received one from HobbyB and am curious...what sort of battery setup have you settled on with that bird for best overall performance? I know in your thread you are using the 3s 800 mAh. With your remarks on the draw from the two motors, curious if that is still the way you are going
I have a couple of options on hand, but may decide to purchase additional Batts if needed. I currently have a handful of 3s 450mAh 25-40C Nano techs (45.9g). I know that one in itself would NOT like the load. Of course I also have a bunch of 3s 1300mAh 45-90C Nanos (117.2g) probably way to big!

Would you suggest using two of the 3s 460's, or should I just bite the bullet and buy some specifically for the F-15? (I plan on running two Plush 10 amp esc's)

Also, using the two esc's should I:
1. use a beefier plug to the batts...XT60 vs the JST?
2. In connecting the Rx power/signal lines from the esc, should I keep one of the positive(+) leads from esc unattached?

Your comments would be much appreciated!!
Thanks! ABJets
I still use the 3s 800 mAh lipos as their weight is perfect for the cg whelp aced to the rear of the battery compartment. I have 3 lipos from 3 different manufacturers and performance is similar between all packs. i still use the JST connector as well. it's the same setup as my MiG 29. Now, you could use two 3s 460 mAh lipos in parallel, effectively giving you 920 mAh and I would bet the weight would be close. All you need is to fab a harness that allows both lipos to be plugged in as a parallel circuit. I think a 1300 mAh pack is just too heavy for good flight performance.

Now the ESCs..... The turnigy plush 10A have linear BECs so you can just hook them up and they work. The 18A ESCs is where they start using a switching BEC that would require bypassing the BEC on one of the ESCs.
Mar 11, 2013, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320
I still use the 3s 800 mAh lipos as their weight is perfect for the cg whelp aced to the rear of the battery compartment. I have 3 lipos from 3 different manufacturers and performance is similar between all packs. i still use the JST connector as well. it's the same setup as my MiG 29. Now, you could use two 3s 460 mAh lipos in parallel, effectively giving you 920 mAh and I would bet the weight would be close. All you need is to fab a harness that allows both lipos to be plugged in as a parallel circuit. I think a 1300 mAh pack is just too heavy for good flight performance.

Now the ESCs..... The turnigy plush 10A have linear BECs so you can just hook them up and they work. The 18A ESCs is where they start using a switching BEC that would require bypassing the BEC on one of the ESCs.
Joe 1320- great info! Thanks! Especially concerning the Plush 10 amp esc's...wasn't 100% positive on that one. For the batts...I may try the two 460's in parallel, see how they work out as I have the jst's required to fashion a harness. Honestly haven't physically seen if it makes sense layout wise, but would rather try to use available options(batts) and simply keep the funds for replacement "foam"...if needed! Again, thanks for your expertise!
FYI- the 1300 mAh'ers are for my new Screamer...can't wait!! Got a clean way of removing the water decals? Want to do a bit of customizing in that department. HobbyB was out of the 'white' bird.
Cheers!
Mar 11, 2013, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalguy
Test flew the new saber today, and this thing is a rocket. I have my ailerons with too much throw, and the elevator without enough! So I need to do some adjustments, but this will be a fun one. It seems the thrust tube will be a good thing. Totally different animal than stock on 2s. Very nice. ------Metalguy
The 3s option does wake her up nicely! Certainly keeps you on your toes! Agreed...aileron throws can be minimized, I am running 5mm up and 3mm down with 75% rates and +30 on the expo(dx6i) for the ailerons and the full 5mm up and down on the elevators set to 90% and +30 expo. Seems good... But waiting for a calm flying day to adjust further. Thrust tube=nice upgrade!
Rip it up!!
Mar 12, 2013, 04:54 AM
wba
wba

to gear or not to gear

@all: please keep posting your throws and expos. i am still in too much stress so i cannot concentrate on that yet.

i have been thinking about landing. it is really hard on the fuselage and the wings leading edges especially if you do not have the perfect grass landing strip. not to mention all the dirt. i caught the p51 with my hands last time for landing, twice! this is what might be the best solution for the airframe but i am still far away from doing that with the f86. catching is a cool trick but on the other hand the sabre looks so scale and catching just doesn't.

ok, you know what i am getting at, i want to develop gears. some thoughts:
- retractable, steerable, simple and easy to build.
- the front wheel should turn sideways before disappearing so it will not reappear inside the air intake.
- i want to use only two more servos. one to retract all three gears and one to steer the front wheel (and the rudder while we are at it. on the other hand, does a steerable frontwheel act as a rudder on the final approach?).
- maybe a third servo to retract the main gear. better not.
- the retract servo will directly flip the front gear inside. this way i can use the servo as a strong base for the front wheel and i do not need to make a hinge.

w.
Last edited by wba; Mar 12, 2013 at 06:35 AM.
Mar 12, 2013, 09:14 AM
check for reversed controls
The Horizon Hobbies UM Mig 15 has gear and a steerable nose wheel. No retracts tho.
I got my Mig up for a flight Saturday . Launch went nice, power was good but trim was off and it banked around to the left then it got behind some spectators and I struck Earth in a state of confusion and panic. But it is gonna fly again.
Mar 12, 2013, 09:54 AM
wba
wba
sorry to hear that, alpea 41, welcome to the panic and confusion club aka PACC.

i want to solve the gear issue once and for all. no compromise this time.

Quick Reply