Dec 12, 2011, 02:10 PM
Add Lightness
ordered mine the same day. got the shipping notice last night. +1 for you
to remove ads between posts
Dec 12, 2011, 02:44 PM
Luck is my skill
Saw a guy in the 50mm forums turned his f-18 into a pusher and flies well.

Well i'm a bit tired/upset with my second F-18 as it's hit or miss on flying well, I think I'll turn it to a pusher, I'm new to EDF's and never had a pusher, so this will be a good experiment for me.
Dec 12, 2011, 04:48 PM
we can take off without that
once again I learn the hard way that you dont get something for nothing. I can confirm that the little C05M from the 27mm AEO fan is overloaded by the stock JPower 5-blade fan. It was a rushed test with a 2s down to 7.75v but still I could only acheive a wheezy 44g thurst (5.8A). Swapping to a JPower fan & motor with same battery I got 60g thrust.
I guess I'll put it back into a 27mm fan and use it in a Mig 29 when those become available.
There's a good reason the JPower motors are bigger and heavier to turn that 5 blade fan, just took me a lot of testing to accept that.
Dec 12, 2011, 08:59 PM
FAA is Sofa King We Todd Did
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketre
here you go

I'm relatively new to this hobby and don't have much knowledge on these things. Is a negative tail incidence one where the leading edge of the elevator stab is lower than the trailing edge? My Mig29 looks like this.
Is this supposed to point the nose up (not enough tail incidence?) ?

Wow! that is a lot of expo! Was it too nose heavy with the battery all the way to the front? Was it as floaty?
And how did you get 6 min? I feel the dip in power when it is near the 3 min mark and land immediately. I fly over 60% throttle most of the time.
Thanks Mike! I appreciate the help.
Dec 13, 2011, 12:51 AM
How close are those trees?
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketre
After the maiden nose dives,I actually tried a tail heavy CG where if I point the nose up by a bit, it goes into an unrecoverable stall. No down elevator is going to point the nose back down again. I moved the CG slowly forward, tried, failed and repeat till I arrive at the current CG.
I'm not going to fix it. I really like how it handles now. If anything, I want to know what is causing it so that I can replicate it on the A-10!
Hey Mike

Sorry if you've already posted it; but where did your COG end up for the Mig-29?

Cheers

Dave
Dec 13, 2011, 01:23 AM
Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody63
Hey Mike

Sorry if you've already posted it; but where did your COG end up for the Mig-29?

Cheers

Dave
It's just 1mm - 2mm forward of the recommended CG in the manual.
I didn't measure it exactly. What I did was mark the recommended CG on the plane with a pen and remember where my eventual CG is relative to that mark.
Dec 13, 2011, 05:22 AM
we can take off without that
anyone want to sell me a JPower 3-blade prop they dont need?
Dec 13, 2011, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_flyer
anyone want to sell me a JPower 3-blade prop they dont need?
PM me you address and I'll send you one or 2?? Wavekatcher
Dec 13, 2011, 03:52 PM

F16 maiden

Real cold this morning,(for California) but got a couple flights in on the Nano F16. All stock pnp version from HK.

Using a HK R415 rx and Hyperion 2S 450mah 25c batteries. Cg per the manual.

Full throttle and a powerful overhand launch and she was off. No trim required at all. I have elevons setup w/ my DX6i, (Thanks Miketre for the elevon throw bug fix link) Rolls are crazy fast on high rates. Loops...eh not really.

Pretty easy to land w/ no damage. Overall, I am impressed. Most likely will want to do the 3S upgrades for this airframe eventually. Thanks to everyone for the help
Dec 13, 2011, 05:25 PM
The Mig-29 is here!! I also got a slip in the mail today saying that the box withmy orange/compatible Rx is waiting for me at the PO.

The Mig looks great. Some warping but not nearly as bad as the Mig-15.
Dec 13, 2011, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavekatcher
... got a couple flights in on the Nano F16...Rolls are crazy fast on high rates. Loops...eh not really.
I had an Icarus SU-27 with the same dual aileron/elevator set up, and it responded the same way. I disconnected the ailerons and just used tailerons. Rolls were slower, but still good, and it would then loop. I'm thinking that just using tailerons on the F-16, with a lot of throw and expo, might work better than the stock set up.
Dec 14, 2011, 02:16 AM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGTX
The Mig-29 is here!! I also got a slip in the mail today saying that the box withmy orange/compatible Rx is waiting for me at the PO.

The Mig looks great. Some warping but not nearly as bad as the Mig-15.
If it was me I'd change the ESC's straight away. Put the Rx underneath between the nacelles then you will have the whole battery tray free for a decent 3S lipo.
Let us know how you get on
Dec 14, 2011, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged
All you have to do is ask and I'll do it. I welcome any suggestions on any item that may help the Micro EDF scene.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/39618...tor_mount.html

I recently ordered 3 units and got a message today saying they have gone into production. Was wondering if anyone else has received theirs and can comment on how they turned out?

NitroCharged - presumably you got some production samples to check the manufacturing process/service, etc? Have you installed a motor motor/fan? Any photos to show?

Jacques
Dec 14, 2011, 09:39 AM
Mine came in last night, havent had time to mess around with it yet, but overall looks good! A bit of warping on the vertical stabs, but not too bad.

Ive got a full extra kit that will get a custom paint scheme. Boy these brushless motors are small!
Dec 14, 2011, 10:10 AM
Add Lightness
jguilty13 ooooh verrry nice photos!

I like seeing the gear on too! I think it'd be much nicer to maiden it with gear on than hand toss.

I'm thinking about a 6ch Ar6110 as it is only 1.5g more (3.5g vs 2.0g) since I didn't get a hobbyking 4ch 415rx ordered. thinking about removing any weight from it and direct soldering the wires = no connectors. just three sets of wires on this little birdy I believe. that's 9 wires to soldier.

Quick Reply