Skyangel/HK Mig-15/29, F-86, T-45, F-15/16/18 and A-10 35mm EDF Jets now available! - Page 118 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Nov 19, 2011, 03:33 PM
AA6JB
Bajora's Avatar
Readying the T-45 and A-10 for flight. Though these Nano's come out of the box just about ready to fly, that doesn't work very well if you are using a radio system with different connectors. I am using a Spektrum AR6300 receiver, so I have to do a fair amount of soldering. Replacing these little connectors takes a steady hand and eye, of which I have neither!

But these two are finally ready for a go. The A-10 comes in at 6.5 ounces RTF. I am using a pair of the Thunder Power G6 65C 2S 350mAh lipos in parallel,making about 25 watts per fan, for 125 watts per pound. I would definitely like more watts but I want to try the stock power systems first. I may opt for a 3S lipo but the stock ESC(s) probably won't last long on it. The A-10 came with landing gear. I am normally NOT a proponent of fixed gear like this but strikes me that they should make a maiden a little less hairy? At least I hope so. My experiences with these 35mm Nano EDFs so far is that hand launches are not that difficult, provided the airplane is pretty much trimmed out. No steering to speak of though, so ground handling may be a bit interesting!

I hope to have some in-flight media to share later, if all goes well.











Last edited by Bajora; Nov 19, 2011 at 04:00 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2011, 03:53 PM
Registered User
Joe 1320's Avatar
Jon, just a FYI tip on the A-10....

Every one that I've ever flown has a lack of elevator authority if the power is cut. That means if you cut the power on final approach, it will nose in. Keep the power on and fly it down to the deck.
Nov 19, 2011, 04:01 PM
AA6JB
Bajora's Avatar
Good stuff Joe, thanks! I can always use reminders like that! This makes the 3rd A10 from Jalin that I have flown ... original 64mm, 50mm and now 35mm.
Latest blog entry: 2017 Reno Air Races
Nov 19, 2011, 04:07 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
NitroCharged's Avatar
Those photo's are dazzling Jon!
Nov 19, 2011, 04:10 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
NitroCharged's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan2001
Anyone managed to get Castle Phoenix 10's work with these motors? If you did what settings did you use?
CC ESC's work great in these. soft start, no brake, medium timing.
Nov 19, 2011, 04:12 PM
AA6JB
Bajora's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged
Those photo's are dazzling Jon!
Thanks Dave ... glad SOMEBODY noticed!

I have been playing around with some new plug-ins. I like what they do.
Latest blog entry: 2017 Reno Air Races
Nov 19, 2011, 04:39 PM
Registered User
JazzMan2001's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged
CC ESC's work great in these. soft start, no brake, medium timing.
I've got a phoenix 10 here which cuts out at low RPM almost instantly and if you move up higher it fails and the blinks indicate over current. I'll try those settings see what happens
Nov 19, 2011, 04:59 PM
FAA is Sofa King We Todd Did
wavekatcher's Avatar
Hey Bajora,

Nice photos, thanks. The LG looks a little funny on the A10. ( a little too tall maybe?) I have an A10 on order from BananaHobby Hear those sounds?? Thats me chomping at the bit to get it lol
Nov 19, 2011, 05:23 PM
CV-15 VB-16
giuseppi's Avatar
An example of the homemade decals for the F-16 made from the images posted a few pages back.

g
Nov 19, 2011, 06:06 PM
Registered User
Angelo's Avatar
5 days ago, I maidened my F-86, and it's been blowing like stink every day since. Arghhh! I'm going to the golf dome tonight, but want to get a lot more familiar with it, especially at slower speeds, before any attempt at flying this indoors. Maybe late tomorrow it will finally calm down.
Nov 19, 2011, 06:09 PM
Luck is my skill
queadlunnrau's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcircuits
funny, I have a LOT of EDF jets, and never tried air sealing the fan access area. I don't even use thrust tubes. but I prolly should.
Not sure what was going on, on my 50mm F-22 sealing the hatch up had the same amount of thrust.

I think it might be because i took out the hatch magnets in my 35mm. maybe it did not make a good seal? was only getting 120g of thrust than it settled to 100g, very disapointing. Than after the CA and some tape my thrust went up to 145 and settled down to 130g.

Oh well the bird is need of more repairs now =( Couldn't wait for the 2.2g servos i orderd and she flew like crap, now I'm thinking it's not the weight, but how far out the servo's stick out, messing up the airflow to the elevators.
Nov 19, 2011, 07:13 PM
Registered User
I bet you could put each motor/esc to a different ch then use rudder stick to mix = thrust differential steering for ground and air.

A-10's also love spoilerons - if you want to slow it down - slow fly bys - I love them.

A-10 also good to hand launch and belly land if need be. no drama.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora
Readying the T-45 and A-10 for flight. Though these Nano's come out of the box just about ready to fly, that doesn't work very well if you are using a radio system with different connectors. I am using a Spektrum AR6300 receiver, so I have to do a fair amount of soldering. Replacing these little connectors takes a steady hand and eye, of which I have neither!

But these two are finally ready for a go. The A-10 comes in at 6.5 ounces RTF. I am using a pair of the Thunder Power G6 65C 2S 350mAh lipos in parallel,making about 25 watts per fan, for 125 watts per pound. I would definitely like more watts but I want to try the stock power systems first. I may opt for a 3S lipo but the stock ESC(s) probably won't last long on it. The A-10 came with landing gear. I am normally NOT a proponent of fixed gear like this but strikes me that they should make a maiden a little less hairy? At least I hope so. My experiences with these 35mm Nano EDFs so far is that hand launches are not that difficult, provided the airplane is pretty much trimmed out. No steering to speak of though, so ground handling may be a bit interesting!

I hope to have some in-flight media to share later, if all goes well.











Nov 19, 2011, 08:00 PM
PSALM 14:1
Sammy70's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora
I hope to have some in-flight media to share later, if all goes well.

Can't wait Jon!!
Nov 19, 2011, 09:14 PM
AA6JB
Bajora's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavekatcher
Hey Bajora,

Nice photos, thanks. The LG looks a little funny on the A10. ( a little too tall maybe?) I have an A10 on order from BananaHobby Hear those sounds?? Thats me chomping at the bit to get it lol
Well, I give Sky Angel a bye on the 35mm A-10 landing gear. I do not think they were really designed to be scale or anything?? I figure they are included for those who do not want to hand launch. Once mine is all trimmed in, they come off and disappear.
Latest blog entry: 2017 Reno Air Races
Nov 19, 2011, 11:23 PM
PSALM 14:1
Sammy70's Avatar
So did you fly them today Jon?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Mini Mig-15 EDF from Hobby King Dreamcatcher Foamy EDFs 6 Jan 16, 2012 10:58 AM
New Product JPower/Banana Hobby 40mm Foam Mig-15 and F-86 ducted fan Mikey 68 Micro EDF Jets and Power Systems 557 Aug 18, 2011 06:01 PM
Build Log Hobby King Micro A-6 & F-86 Jets tallflyer Foamy EDFs 4 Jun 04, 2011 03:05 PM
New Product J-Power 30mm EDF Jets (F-86 & Mig-15) xplaneguy Foamy EDFs 1 Jan 16, 2011 06:59 AM
Park/indoor EDF F-86 and MiG-15 production news! Thomas B Parkflyers 8 Feb 06, 2002 07:30 PM