New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by The Don, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 05, 2011, 04:54 PM
The Don is offline
Find More Posts by The Don
Trader Rating: 703
Park Pilot Mag. Jets Columnist
Sold

Syncro EDF with Wicked EDF motor installed


Bought this plane as an impulse buy. Installed a Wicked 4000KV motor and flew on a 4S 1300 lipo goes about 80 mph with the sport wing (shorter wing) Never assembled the long wing but it will be included. Two servos (in short wing) are installed as well as elevator and rudder servo. The motor/fan is assembled and ready to run. You will need a receiver, lipo, and 40 amp ESC to get it into the air. Asking $110 shipped CONUS Please note that the vertical fin will be removed for shipping purposes unless you are willing to pay the additional for oversize box charges for leaving the vertical on (up to $40 more depending on how far from Ohio you live) .

You can also fly this on 3S lipo if you want, that will be essentially what is recommended for stock power and you will want a 30 amp ESC and a 3S 1800 lipo (to keep the CG correct) on 3S.

Don
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2011, 12:16 AM
bruff is offline
Find More Posts by bruff
Trader Rating: 489
EDF all the way!
bruff's Avatar
PM sent.
Bob
Old Jun 06, 2011, 08:27 AM
porcia83 is offline
Find More Posts by porcia83
Trader Rating: 128
Suspended Account

Nice set up


Here is my Syncro....I love this more every time I fly it, and it's completely stock except for the 40 amp esc I use. I see you upgraded the motor, how difficult was this to do? Any modifications needed to the pod or screws etc? I'd love to get a little more speed out of mine. Thanks.
Old Jun 06, 2011, 12:41 PM
The Don is offline
Find More Posts by The Don
Trader Rating: 703
Park Pilot Mag. Jets Columnist
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
Here is my Syncro....I love this more every time I fly it, and it's completely stock except for the 40 amp esc I use. I see you upgraded the motor, how difficult was this to do? Any modifications needed to the pod or screws etc? I'd love to get a little more speed out of mine. Thanks.
I will post photos later today in my vendor forum as to what I did . Not hard to do fits right into the stock fan system.

Don
Old Jun 06, 2011, 01:09 PM
baddb1 is offline
Find More Posts by baddb1
Trader Rating: 142
I'd rather be flying
baddb1's Avatar
PM sent
Old Jun 06, 2011, 04:26 PM
porcia83 is offline
Find More Posts by porcia83
Trader Rating: 128
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I will post photos later today in my vendor forum as to what I did . Not hard to do fits right into the stock fan system.

Don
Excellent, thanks. Do you sell these set ups?
Old Jun 06, 2011, 04:42 PM
The Don is offline
Find More Posts by The Don
Trader Rating: 703
Park Pilot Mag. Jets Columnist
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
Excellent, thanks. Do you sell these set ups?
Yes I do. This is the motor I used:
http://donsrc.com/cart/index.php?act...d&productId=62
Old Jun 06, 2011, 06:10 PM
The Don is offline
Find More Posts by The Don
Trader Rating: 703
Park Pilot Mag. Jets Columnist
Bruff is 1st in line waiting to hear back from him then I will go on to those who have PMd me.

Thanks!
Don
Old Jun 06, 2011, 07:47 PM
porcia83 is offline
Find More Posts by porcia83
Trader Rating: 128
Suspended Account
Flew my plane again at lunch today, had the glider wing on. With stock set up the sport wing is great, and the plane hauls. Put the throws up and it's shocking how fast this thing can turn. Whoever gets this is going to love it. With a good breeze the glider set up can keep you up a few extra minutes, but it still sinks as it's not a light plane. You can slow it to a crawl though for landing.

Don, if I was to buy the motor you have would it come ready to install with the stock fan/housing or would it need to be mod'd? I'm not handy at all in that regard, but would love to see my plane get a little more power.
Old Jun 06, 2011, 09:09 PM
The Don is offline
Find More Posts by The Don
Trader Rating: 703
Park Pilot Mag. Jets Columnist
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
Flew my plane again at lunch today, had the glider wing on. With stock set up the sport wing is great, and the plane hauls. Put the throws up and it's shocking how fast this thing can turn. Whoever gets this is going to love it. With a good breeze the glider set up can keep you up a few extra minutes, but it still sinks as it's not a light plane. You can slow it to a crawl though for landing.

Don, if I was to buy the motor you have would it come ready to install with the stock fan/housing or would it need to be mod'd? I'm not handy at all in that regard, but would love to see my plane get a little more power.
Here is my build thread showing the motor mounting it was easy.

Don
Old Jun 08, 2011, 03:31 PM
galognu is offline
Find More Posts by galognu
Trader Rating: 4
Registered User
galognu's Avatar
Still available?

THanks
Old Jun 08, 2011, 05:37 PM
The Don is offline
Find More Posts by The Don
Trader Rating: 703
Park Pilot Mag. Jets Columnist
Currently sold pending funds.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Wicked 4800kv EDF motor and Fan Jet Dreams Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 4 May 13, 2011 03:29 PM
Sold Don's Wicked Extreme EDF 6000kv motor Jet Dreams Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 1 May 12, 2011 01:35 AM
Video Phase 3 F16 - Alfa 5 blade fan with Don's Wicked EDF motor on 4S - Onboard Video Tweakrr Electric Plane Talk 16 Apr 21, 2010 03:09 PM
Sold Hobby Lobby Blue Angels F-18 with Wicked EDF motor and Pentium 40 ESC The Don Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 14 Oct 14, 2008 09:01 PM