Jun 05, 2011, 11:28 AM
Help!

Skyartec Cessna 182 Brushed 290 - No Motor Response.

Hi all, I am semi new to this hobby! and new to this site!

I just recieved my Cessna 182 with the Brushed 290 motor with the 8.4v NIMH battery. I have the 38" wingspan model. I have ailrons, flaps, rudder(nosewheel), and elevator working properly! Im very excited to get it out and flying!

There is one problem that i hope you can help me with though..

I get no response with the motor (throttle). I have turned the transmitter on, and plugged the battery in ((as recommended)). i have also set both throttle trim, and throttle stick at lowest setting prior to inserting the plane's battery. i would expect to hear a beep or see response when applying throttle. I checked the wiring diagram in the instruction manual, double checked my plane, and then took the connections all off and reconnected them. no response. I even took every connection off and left the motor connection in. still no response! I also adjusted the throttle settings with my DIP switches on my control sytem just to see if anything would come up of it.

I did get the motor to bleep for a second my first time starting it up. but i havnt been able to do it since.. Is my connection for the motor bad? I also have a cd that came with this kit which helps with programming my transmitter to the plane. Unfortunately, my laptop wont recognize this cd..

I hope i can get this guy flying..

Thanks guys!

Andrew.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2011, 12:11 PM
I like to fly!
Try checking your ESC. Sounds like that might be the problem. Also, check the connection to the Reciever.

Good luck,
Alex
Jun 05, 2011, 01:36 PM
i took off the prop and bipassed the battery connectors to the motor. The motor works just fine. I guess i need to return this one.. Unless there is something else i can do with the ESC?
Jun 05, 2011, 11:53 PM
I like to fly!
You can always take the ESC to your local hobby shop. They can usually replace it. Otherwise just return it. ESCs are usually around $30, so if you can get it replaced for free it's a benefit for you.
Jun 06, 2011, 01:07 AM
Alrighty, sounds good!
Thanks for the help.