Jun 03, 2011, 04:30 PM
Help!

Thrust tube repair?

Got some cracks in my thrust tube today, and IŽm thinking of how to repair it.

Will the easiest way be getting a new one?, which means I probably have to cut up the plane.. and also trying to find a new tube somewhere.
But I thought that maybe some ordinary A4 paper would do the trick? , IŽll leave the old tube in place, acting as a guide for the paper tube, and somehow glue this new tube into place.

Would this work?? or should I try to do it another way?

Thanks in advance!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2011, 04:06 AM
Use an overhead foil and put it inside. Be careful not to leave a gap at the front end next to the impeller, so that no leak air can pass between the old and the new tube. This could damage the inner tube again. I would put some glue between the two tubes also.
Jun 05, 2011, 06:56 AM
Thanks! =)
IŽve found some similar plastic foil which is comparable to overhead-film in thickness.
IŽll already installed it , but instead of gluing I used some scotch-tape so no air can pass between the tubes. But IŽll replace it with some glue instead before I change motor.
Many thanks again!