Jan 27, 2017, 08:15 AM
Thread OP
Oh gees, thats amazing. Have you got a key to that gate now???

I was down there today with a F27 Stryker running some nice modern 5.8Ghz FPV gear.

I'll be flying around Geelong tomorrow too.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 28, 2017, 10:23 PM
I need to buy 2 strykers somebody sale me one or call me 2709457395
Aug 31, 2017, 06:32 AM
Post to keep site open
Dec 17, 2017, 11:41 PM
I used to fly my glider inside simonds stadium a few months ago.. was so much fun.
Mar 09, 2018, 03:50 AM

Bike circuit near K mart to Simonds stadium via DJI.

There has been a few Inspire flights to check the light output of the light towers during night matches as well.....
Aug 22, 2020, 09:51 AM
Is there a thread for open TX Developers anyone knows about? I seriously am over wasting hours trying to do the most simple things in Open TX. I am calling the devs out to create as simple mode for open tx. Open tx is killing the fun simply going for a fun fly for non open tx university students if u know what I mean. Come on guys. We need a simple version. That just does the basics. It is too hard for new uses like me and actually is putting me off the fun of simply binding and flying. I know it all seems cool and all to be up with all the know how if open tx and being a know it all etc... but it is killing the hobby for new flyers I think. Andrew Newton justnpisted a review with a simple TX and excellent features and easy to use. This is where open tx need to give options I feel. Sorry for the rant.
Sep 25, 2020, 11:29 PM
Just saw this post up,
I used to fly ages ago, thinking about getting back into it, have since moved to Geelong.
Where do peeps fly?
Oct 14, 2020, 06:26 PM
Down at the rec reserve corner of Barwon heads road and Breakwater road. Back oval near railway line end. Stay of other ovals and only electric. Thanks.
Oct 14, 2020, 06:27 PM
Year open TX can be tedious but like flying practice and it all falls into place.
Jan 24, 2021, 04:29 AM

Fun fly on a sunny day.

Fun fly meet on a sunny day.
Jan 24, 2021, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by led lighter
Year open TX can be tedious but like flying practice and it all falls into place.
Not for a 77 year old I’m afraid . I got one about 6 months ago and had a guy “ make it work for me” . Since then I’ve gone rattleheaded and my friend Browny has got some “sense “ out of it . But I honestly don’t think he wants to see it again . But I still can’t even get it to bind or understand what I’m doing wrong
Another thing he found was it would bind an Fr sky receiver ( new ) but not another one exactally the same , and yet both will bind fine to my 3810 with fsky module . Go figure . Probably the worst advice to get one , I have ever had !
Jan 24, 2021, 10:27 PM
My 1st R/C had 2 valves !
Yes Geoff, "It ain't easy being Green". (Oops, I think I meant Old.) And don't ask how I know...

Open Tx (and its' variants) were designed by Computer Programming Wizards mainly FOR CPWs' and the drone guys, others need not apply. I have a couple I have played with just to see how they work, but I'd rather be flying, not programming.

Back on topic, I lived in Geelong for 20 years, (sometime last Century), and remember the area well. I first visited Belmont Common for the 1972 MAAA Nats, Phil Kraft was there, and the following year I joined Barry, Brian, John and Glenn at KSA.

I have fond memories of those years flying on the Common, there was the occasional flood, and "rumours" of models crashing in the Kmart car park, and the golfers always complained if we flew too far South. But when the highway overpass came along, we had to move out.

In the 1980s' I flew C/L at the South Barwon Reserve, and also a couple of the small R/C electric models that were starting to appear, good to see 40 years later that the area is still available for model flying.

A few of us also tried to fly the latest R/C modelling fad at the time, (Belmont Common, 1975).
Nov 09, 2021, 07:21 PM
Yep, I was there on day one of RC at the common, fishing spot was down among the palm trees planted just to the right of the boat launching ramp. My interest was raised by the appearance of a controlled free flight model flying overhead. Me being a control liner . Some MARCS members arrived with old valve transmitters and read receivers in a couple of floater two channel models. A few weeks later a guy rolled up with a OS Pixie RC controller. It all grew from there.
Nov 10, 2021, 03:54 AM
Google Belmont common in the wiki page, check my comments after the 1950's in the aviation section.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belmont,_Victoria
Last edited by led lighter; Nov 10, 2021 at 04:08 AM.

Quick Reply