This thread is privately moderated by Terry, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 01, 2011, 12:06 PM
Mascot
Discussion

New - User Thumbnail Gallery!!

Do you know what's cool? When RCGroups users upload photos. When it gets slow around the RCGroups.com offices, I like to check out all the photos uploaded by our users. Yesterday, it hit me: What if I could look at every photo a user has uploaded to RCG at one time? How much cooler could you get than that? I can tell you, none more cooler! So I got out the soldering iron and created a user thumbnail gallery page. That means with one click you can see every image a user has uploaded to threads, the classified section, a blog, articles and more. If they uploaded a picture you can now check it out in the new user thumbnail gallery!

The image below shows you exactly where the link is to see all the photos

I have to go now and look at everyone's images!

Terry o-[ : ) ]
Last edited by Terry; Jun 01, 2011 at 12:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 01, 2011, 01:38 PM
Air Cooled VW mechanic
Pretty cool.
I give it 2 thumbs up.
Jun 01, 2011, 05:10 PM
It's gone...
That is very cool. Can this feature be done on individual threads? It would make it easier to find that photo you know you saw in a certain thread.
Jun 01, 2011, 11:39 PM
Nice
Jun 02, 2011, 12:48 PM
Matt Mabry
Very cool!
Jun 02, 2011, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OZ_
That is very cool. Can this feature be done on individual threads? It would make it easier to find that photo you know you saw in a certain thread.
+++ I've often wanted something like this too
Jun 02, 2011, 02:09 PM
Plowin Dirt
Sweet!

Dan
Jun 02, 2011, 05:49 PM
Former Durafly Brand Manager
This is the tool I've been waiting for a long time. Great work and many thanks RCG.

S.
Jun 02, 2011, 07:51 PM
Vi ne donu ĝin
Good idea, fun to look at older pictures for reference and being able to see the actual post it was in
Jun 03, 2011, 12:17 AM
who has rabbit ears down
Plus it shows a growth rate within a member/model and awakens more archives! Outstanding job Terry!
Johnny
Latest blog entry: My new factory
Jun 03, 2011, 09:15 AM
great idea,
Terry, I have a suggestion, if I may. The other day I was reading through a thread on a plane I was thinking of buying. It had hundreds of pages. I could search the attachments but I could not search or browse videos.

I wanted to see members videos, not the videos of the pro sponsored pilots flying that plane posted in the 1st post. I searched for hours to find some. I wished there was a way to search the thread for videos posted.

Maybe there is a way to do that, I don't know I'm no IT, or programmer. It would save people hours searching through thousands of posts.

Also there is no way, that I can see to delete old attachments from ads from years ago. They are just stuck in the system taking up space, and could be discarded
Last edited by transformingfoam; Jun 03, 2011 at 07:03 PM.
Jun 03, 2011, 05:56 PM
^Its what I do^ - FPVholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by transformingfoam
I wished there was a way to search the thread for videos posted.
Me too.
Jun 03, 2011, 06:38 PM
Neato, I have often retrieved pics of my models, etc., from my RCG threads that were lost in hard-drive crashes.
Jun 03, 2011, 07:28 PM
Former Durafly Brand Manager
Whilst were making suggestions, I'd like to add this. Would it be possible to see 'all attachments' in a thread, rather then/or in addition to seeing just the 5 at the bottom of the page? I'm often looking for an attachment I've seen in a thread, but have to spend a lot of time finding it the current way 5 at a time, especially if its a large thread.

The video tool is a good idea too, can this also apply to inserted images?, images that are not hosted/attached via the RCG server?

S.
Jun 04, 2011, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart warne
Whilst were making suggestions, I'd like to add this. Would it be possible to see 'all attachments' in a thread, rather then/or in addition to seeing just the 5 at the bottom of the page? I'm often looking for an attachment I've seen in a thread, but have to spend a lot of time finding it the current way 5 at a time, especially if its a large thread.

S.
Ditto!!!