Jun 01, 2011, 12:38 AM
Chad
Thread OP
Build Log

Box Fuse Sbach 20"ws or 30"ws PDF and Pics

Well I have made a profile sbach 342 and I decide to give a box fuse a try. So here is what i have so far
I started with a 20"ws plan that I was going to swap my gear from a 15"ws Lil Ripper I made to this plane. but I am still playing with the little ripper so I started a 30" ws version for a budddy and his will be flown tomorrow hopefully if the wind allows.

the 20"ws version is made with 3mm depron and 6mm depron for the wing and horizontal stab

30"ws was made with Dollar Tree foam board with paper removed. 2 sheets where laminated together for some parts.

holes for kfm 4 will need to be adjusted they are more for reference
***Update***
just ordered some EPP from www.rcfoam.com and will be building a EPP version as soon as it arrives so stay tuned for the updated epp plans as well

here a link to the video StormDriverOne made of his build.
WamsySbach32.MOV (4 min 26 sec)
Last edited by TheOne420; Oct 24, 2011 at 11:36 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 01, 2011, 12:54 AM
Chad
Thread OP
By the way this is my first version of plans so if there is anything you see that needs to be fixed please let me know and I will get on it asap.
Jun 01, 2011, 05:06 AM
It's Just Foam!!!
Oh God! Another DTF plane that looks like I'll just HAVE to build it!!!!!! My wife is gonna be SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy. Thanks for a cool looking design, it's definitely going on the build list. Can't wait to see it fly.Just looked at the plans. Am I missing something, or didja just forget the horiz. stab and ailerons on there? LOL Nice looking plane.
Jun 01, 2011, 12:19 PM
Chad
Thread OP
thanks for the heads up on the PDF. it should look better for you.the horizontal stab and elevator were at the bottom of the PDF at first but I have moved it up and labeled it for easier identification and I also added the ailerons to the wings. they are just a outline some people like to cut there ailerons different so that will be fine too.
Last edited by TheOne420; Jun 02, 2011 at 05:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Jun 02, 2011, 05:49 PM
Did you say up or down?
Nicely done! Added to the list. Ahhhhhhhhh

E.
Jun 02, 2011, 06:49 PM
Chad
Thread OP
Thanks for the kind words
** UPDATE **
I have the 30" version ready to go I just need a day with little enough wind to try it out. hopefully by the end of the weekend I will have a video up. Even if it is of a plane crashing into the ground. but from test toss with everything in the plane it seems to have a nice glide to it so I'm sure we will be fine but this is my buddies first plane so I'm sure it will crash sooner than later.lol but he has flown simulators for 6 years and he thinks he can do it so for $3 i made him the plane and told him to get the electronics. Which for him was pretty cheap since he works at the local hobby store. I put his radio on low rates and the ailerons I reduced to 1" in width to tone down the roll a bit. I did make a set of 2" wide ailerons for it so he can replace them when he's ready.
Jun 03, 2011, 04:46 AM
It's Just Foam!!!
Can't wait to see it in action. I'm anxiously watching this build. Like the looks of the SBach, but didn't want to build another profile right now.I'm flying my current Edge 540-T (Leadfeather design), and working on a 40 in version of 3Dmon's Lil Ripper. Eventually the Edge will take that last, desperate plunge (for some reason they all do), and I really think this will be the new home for that gear.Like it a lot! Did you paint it, or leave it as a rough prototype?
P.S. What motor/esc, etc. did you use on the 30 in?
Jun 03, 2011, 09:59 PM
Did you say up or down?
Have a great maiden! Save the crash video for the sequel

E.
Jun 04, 2011, 02:09 AM
Chad
Thread OP
Not painted yet just duct tape for orientation. as far as electronics it has
3of the 9 gram servos
esc it the HK Mystery 12amp
cermark motor cem2812-840 with a 10x4.7 apc prop
1000mah zippy battery from HK
AUW=? (dont know yet but I will find out)

here a couple crappy videos I did with my phone I will try to get something better soon.it is the 30" it flew great And I loved it. I am thinking of adding some cross ribs to help with twist because when I tried full rates and a tried any fast roll or loop it would get all crazy like there was something wierd going on I even threw a prop and had to glide it down with no problem at all. Uder low rate it flew like a dream it even soared right off my hands the first toss (maiden flight was the first video link (OH YEAH I WAS A LITTLE HAPPY IT JUST FLEW WITH NO PROBLEM SO I MAY HAVE DROPPED THE F-BOMD ONCE OR 5 TIMES))

ok after these videos i let my buddy fly he circled once and broke the nose off. so I did some glueing and tossed it up and it was still great. I flew it for a while testing it out and it hovered fine and has the ability to do some cool things with the right person.I flew inverted for 3 or 4 passes with ease. I then tried High rates and the prop flew off i think the prop adapter is bad so I will be getting a new one to try again. When the prop flew off i was able to float it down to the ground safe and fly again. But I tried High Rates again and this time the wind had picked up and the plane came down tough and broke where it had already been repaired. The entire nose from the wing forward has been replaced with new foam now and it is ready to fly again like nothing ever happened.

I have made an addict out of my friend, he has already asked me to swing by the dollar store and get him 5 sheets sohe can build a couple extra. lol
Last edited by TheOne420; Sep 20, 2011 at 01:24 PM.
Jun 04, 2011, 10:44 PM
Did you say up or down?
Nice job man! Its a little hard to see but you have me totally stoked to finish mine and then try your version. Still carrying a heavy work load so no time yet.

E.
Jun 05, 2011, 10:55 AM
Chad
Thread OP
the the phone camera sucks but you can see it go up and then land lol at least you know it can go up and down now. lol
Jun 09, 2011, 06:50 PM
Any tiled versions for the 30in?
Jun 10, 2011, 04:28 AM
It's Just Foam!!!
Georgerm,
I'm pretty sure the original plan is for the 20 in. If you use Adobe Reader X, it allows you to scale and tile your prints. 150% to make it 30 in. I tiled it onto 11x17 paper, only took 8 sheets. Also I scaled it to 160% for a 32 in ws.
Jun 10, 2011, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZglider
Georgerm,
I'm pretty sure the original plan is for the 20 in. If you use Adobe Reader X, it allows you to scale and tile your prints. 150% to make it 30 in. I tiled it onto 11x17 paper, only took 8 sheets. Also I scaled it to 160% for a 32 in ws.
Ok thanks so much i didnt know i could do that with Adobe X!
Jun 11, 2011, 10:30 AM
hey would be possible to get some close up pics up pics of the tail? to see how you hinged the rudder and stuff.

Quick Reply