Thread Tools
Old Mar 01, 2012, 02:41 AM
CPMBOY is offline
Find More Posts by CPMBOY
Registered User
CPMBOY's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogas View Post
You'll need to be when ordering from HK
yup...its just my 10th wt them...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2012, 08:01 PM
CPMBOY is offline
Find More Posts by CPMBOY
Registered User
CPMBOY's Avatar

extending a servo wire


is there an extension wire for servos where u just connect it with the original servo's wire to make it longer and no soldering work?...
Last edited by CPMBOY; Mar 01, 2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 08:14 PM
olthump is offline
Find More Posts by olthump
Occupying RCG
olthump's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMBOY View Post
is there an extension wire for servos where u just connect it with the original servo's wire to make it longer and no soldering work?...
Yes.
Old Mar 02, 2012, 04:43 AM
Flypoppa is offline
Find More Posts by Flypoppa
Me a long time ago
Flypoppa's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMBOY View Post
is there an extension wire for servos where u just connect it with the original servo's wire to make it longer and no soldering work?...
Also yes and they can be got in different lengths.
Old Mar 02, 2012, 12:21 PM
Simon2504 is offline
Find More Posts by Simon2504
Registered User
No wind today but pretty foggy, still managed to get a bit of altitude though!!!! My led's worked a treat.
HobbyKing Bixler flight in the fog (8 min 49 sec)


And for those who say you cant have fun with a "Powered Glider"
Thrashing the Bixler (3 min 33 sec)
Last edited by Simon2504; Mar 02, 2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old Mar 02, 2012, 11:17 PM
CPMBOY is offline
Find More Posts by CPMBOY
Registered User
CPMBOY's Avatar

motor extension wires/cables


If I upgraded the bixler's motor with this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...otor.html...is there an extension cable/wire for motors ...coz I think it has a short cable.....
Old Mar 02, 2012, 11:23 PM
RVA is offline
RVA
Find More Posts by RVA
RVA
Registered User
RVA's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMBOY View Post
If I upgraded the bixler's motor with this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...otor.html...is there an extension cable/wire for motors ...coz I think it has a short cable.....
I think most are making their own. That's what I did. for $2 with buddycodes, buy 1 mtr. of wire and some bullet connectors. Color does not matter. Took me all of 10 minutes with a soldering iron. And no, I don't know of any ready to use extensions.
Old Mar 03, 2012, 01:14 AM
jpolsonb is offline
Find More Posts by jpolsonb
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMBOY View Post
If I upgraded the bixler's motor with this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...otor.html...is there an extension cable/wire for motors ...coz I think it has a short cable.....
There are in stock now! I bought connectors because I assumed I could use the existing wires from the stock motor, cut them where the 2826 wires can reach and add some female connectors. Then re-solder male connectors to the short wires on the stock motor for use in a homemade plane. Can someone tell me if this will work? Cant see why it wouldnt?

Just recieved my dx6i, so cool. Had to do the conversion from mode one to mode two because I thought mode one had elevator and aileron on the stick like a real plane but had since been told that was not the case. All done no probs! Been using the phoenix rc sim to hone my skills and learn how to set up the transmitter.
Old Mar 03, 2012, 04:38 AM
Flypoppa is offline
Find More Posts by Flypoppa
Me a long time ago
Flypoppa's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpolsonb View Post
Just recieved my dx6i, so cool. Had to do the conversion from mode one to mode two because I thought mode one had elevator and aileron on the stick like a real plane but had since been told that was not the case. All done no probs! Been using the phoenix rc sim to hone my skills and learn how to set up the transmitter.
Mode 1 is the throttle on the right. So the elevator/ailerons or rudder if 3 function model on the left. Mode 2 is the oposite. Throttlel on left etc.
Old Mar 03, 2012, 04:45 AM
jpolsonb is offline
Find More Posts by jpolsonb
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
Mode 1 is the throttle on the right. So the elevator/ailerons or rudder if 3 function model on the left. Mode 2 is the oposite. Throttlel on left etc.
At the time i ordered it I thought mode1 was left stick elevator/ailerons and right stick throttle/rudder, but its throttle/ailerons right and elevator/rudder left and feels totally weird. Why not have it like a real plane? Anyway swapped it over now to mode 2 so all good.
Old Mar 03, 2012, 05:00 AM
Flypoppa is offline
Find More Posts by Flypoppa
Me a long time ago
Flypoppa's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpolsonb View Post
At the time i ordered it I thought mode1 was left stick elevator/ailerons and right stick throttle/rudder, but its throttle/ailerons right and elevator/rudder left and feels totally weird. Why not have it like a real plane? Anyway swapped it over now to mode 2 so all good.
I thought that would be like a real plane. But I suppose that would mean if P1 or P 2. But if flying in a tandem you would have control of the throttle on the left. Well it were when I was doing hours on DH 82s a long time ago.
Old Mar 03, 2012, 07:42 AM
jpolsonb is offline
Find More Posts by jpolsonb
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
I thought that would be like a real plane. But I suppose that would mean if P1 or P 2. But if flying in a tandem you would have control of the throttle on the left. Well it were when I was doing hours on DH 82s a long time ago.
True, but your always going to have elevator and aileron on the stick, rudder on the pedals.
Old Mar 03, 2012, 10:49 AM
CPMBOY is offline
Find More Posts by CPMBOY
Registered User
CPMBOY's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA View Post
I think most are making their own. That's what I did. for $2 with buddycodes, buy 1 mtr. of wire and some bullet connectors. Color does not matter. Took me all of 10 minutes with a soldering iron. And no, I don't know of any ready to use extensions.
whats the wire gauge (AWG) value for this motor...?....
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:40 AM
CPMBOY is offline
Find More Posts by CPMBOY
Registered User
CPMBOY's Avatar

upgrade parts


does anyone of u guys upgraded your bird with these..?

motor mount...:http://www.smallpartscnc.com/easy%20...djustable.html
servo mount:...http://www.smallpartscnc.com/9g%20servo.html
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:43 AM
Simon2504 is offline
Find More Posts by Simon2504
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMBOY View Post
whats the wire gauge (AWG) value for this motor...?....
Ill be puttung 14 gauge on mine but Ill be running 6x5.5 prop with a 40A esc


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Hobby King Ryan STA EPO Coenraad Scale ARF/RTF 244 Feb 16, 2015 11:10 PM
Discussion Hobby King Pearl EPO Glider Thread tomcor Foamies (Kits) 34 Aug 29, 2013 11:51 PM
Discussion Hobby King EPO ParkJet ARF "Floats like a kitten" trees Pusher Prop Jet Models 252 Oct 21, 2012 10:10 PM
New Product Hobby king new micro cessna 4 ch EPO 555mm WS with VIDEO Cheetah401 Micro Ready-to-Fly 9 Apr 18, 2011 05:11 PM
New Product Hobby King 2.3M EPO EP Ventus PNF Doubletap Electric Sailplanes 1 Apr 05, 2011 11:00 PM